PDA

View Full Version : ryan mcneil why sign.......

bronco30
11-12-2003, 11:18 AM
him now like hes going to help (i pray he does though) granted he cant be worse than deltha hopefully he'll teach the youngsters a few tricks....hes been outta football for more than a year in my opinion i dont like it they have kelly turner n middlebrooks who they never try....kevin johnson would spark the kickoff n punt return teams we rarely get anything from that unit....but i dont know the contract stuff that well maybe we couldnt sign him.

robcosprings
11-12-2003, 11:42 AM
Well said, Bronco30...there must be something going on internally we are not privy too, but it seems the open spot could have been used more effectively (one can only hope we will be proved wrong, that he will return a 50 yard interception in December agains the Squaws....)

rascal
11-12-2003, 11:45 AM
They have an empty roster spot, actually two before they signed him, so why not get the best available player? If nothing else it keeps him away from someone else, and perhaps (although unlikely at this age) he can develop into contributing player.

robcosprings
11-12-2003, 11:47 AM
Rascal, that is a valid point...maybe the front office is actually thinking about this one, but still want Cecil Sapp brought up!!!!

rascal
11-12-2003, 11:54 AM
What highschool did you play at in Colorado Springs?

jake meffley
11-12-2003, 01:27 PM
good point

i was dismayed at the signing of mcneil.
i think its obvious that we could use help at corner, but i think there are other area's of more concern.

we are thin at running back now, and sapp would be a valuable player now.
we are thin at receiver, and if mccaffrey is still listed as questionable or doubtful, then i must say im confused as to why we havent brought in either a receiver or a multi purpose running back.

as for the defense, i think linebacker is the position of most concern, though mcneil's signing shows that shanahan and coyer have more confidence in pierce,spragan,sykes, and burns than i thought they did. i sure hope theyre right, but i have doubts about whether these guys can get it done for the rest of the season.

jake

rascal
11-12-2003, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by jake meffley
as for the defense, i think linebacker is the position of most concern, though mcneil's signing shows that shanahan and coyer have more confidence in pierce,spragan,sykes, and burns than i thought they did. i sure hope theyre right, but i have doubts about whether these guys can get it done for the rest of the season.

You have doubts, as do many others. But honestly how can we, or the coaches, expect a player to come in (completely new to the team) and be able to be an impact player this late in the season. To be honest, I look at all these minor signings, unless something major goes wrong like at QB, this late in the season as more of a maintenance thing and preparation for next year.

super_boltz
11-12-2003, 03:28 PM
RYAN MCNEIL SHOULD BE GREAT FOR THE YOUNGER PLAYERS ON UR DEF I WONDERED WHY WE GOT RID OF HIM MADE NO SENSE OTHER THAN TO GET OUR YOUNG PLAYERS EXPERIENCE... I THINK HE'S A GOOD PICK UP FOR YOU GUYS PLUS HE CAN GIVE U INSIGHT TO OUR SCHEMES DEFINSIVELY ON SUNDAY

jake meffley
11-12-2003, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by super_boltz
RYAN MCNEIL SHOULD BE GREAT FOR THE YOUNGER PLAYERS ON UR DEF I WONDERED WHY WE GOT RID OF HIM MADE NO SENSE OTHER THAN TO GET OUR YOUNG PLAYERS EXPERIENCE... I THINK HE'S A GOOD PICK UP FOR YOU GUYS PLUS HE CAN GIVE U INSIGHT TO OUR SCHEMES DEFINSIVELY ON SUNDAY

also a good point. thanks for the insight and opinion.
while youre here, how do you see this game shaking out?

jake