PDA

View Full Version : It's Wednesday, where are the SD fans?

LawDog
11-12-2003, 11:48 AM
After sending the Vikes home with their derriere's in their chapeau's you would think there would be at least one intrepid Bolts fan showing up to talk about the game?

You've got bragging rights over the Raiders at least. Come on, show some pride.

rascal
11-12-2003, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by LawDog
After sending the Vikes home with their derriere's in their chapeau's you would think there would be at least one intrepid Bolts fan showing up to talk about the game?

You've got bragging rights over the Raiders at least. Come on, show some pride.

Maybe they are in the smack forum where these discussions should take place.

LawDog
11-12-2003, 11:59 AM
Point taken, however there could be some interesting debate on the sparking effect of the victory over Minnesota vs. the return of Plummer don't you think?

Besides, the smack forum has goose egg too!

rascal
11-12-2003, 12:01 PM
Point taken, however there could be some interesting debate on the sparking effect of the victory over Minnesota vs. the return of Plummer don't you think?

Besides, the smack forum has goose egg too!

Well I don't miss them. I don't think the chargers have a very outgoing fan base.

LawDog
11-12-2003, 12:06 PM
If the NFL moved the Chargers to LA, do you think anyone in San Diego would notice?

rascal
11-12-2003, 12:09 PM
If the NFL moved the Chargers to LA, do you think anyone in San Diego would notice?

nope

ReasonableChief
11-12-2003, 12:13 PM
I could pose as a Chargers fan if you like (for verbal bantering only, of course). Just tell me what kind of fan you want me to be (obnoxious, sensible, irritating, etc.)

Broncofan-13
11-12-2003, 12:18 PM
lol ill come on with a different name as a chargers fan too.

LawDog
11-12-2003, 12:22 PM
Those are some of the funniest things I've read on this board. What's the opposite of bandwagonning? Fan-by-proxy?

BroncoManiac_69
11-12-2003, 12:49 PM
I have a friend in SD and he says the city was buzzing about the big win against the Vikes. Their stadium was packed last Sunday and they were very vocal. I think the Charger fans are disgusted with their team's coach. Marty should have been playing Doug all along. Brees still has some growing up to do.

I am surprised their fans aren't here as well. I would think if they pull of the win, they will be here saying "neener neener"

GO BRONCOS!!

super_boltz
11-12-2003, 02:10 PM
Yo I really dont know what's going to happen... I see you guys missing mike anderson and Mobley alot this week.... simply because Mobley didnt have the speed to cover dwight running across the field but he had the smarts to always be in a good position to defend the pass over the middle and a less experienced lb will live dwight open.... that will be all game just like last week with the vikings... flutie will get out the pocket draw the backers up and if they come up far enough he'll run if they do he'll throw it... not to mention our playaction is alloooot more effective with flutie in there... you'll see tons of playaction to the left flutie rolls out right... dwight will be in the slot running across the field you'll have boston doing 10 15 yard outs or stop n go's caldwell running a post and tomlinson underneath if he isnt bottled up on the fake....minnesota never could figure it out we marched down the field 4 straight times in the first half... but your defense is alot better than there's and the whole right side of our line are rookies they've played well thelast couple weeks... but on the left side of our line mcintosh just sucks he is not a starter... and as we all know games are won and lost with the line.. you guys have the edge there but with flutie the line only has to play ok kuz he's out the pocket on every play ne ways...... defensively... i'm sure you guys will notice the DRASTIC improvement from our first game we finally managed to control the perimeter and not lose containment although up the middle has opened up more in the last couple weeks.... either way i see this as close game with plummer coming back he is the X factor if he plays great you win if he doesnt you lose

LawDog
11-12-2003, 02:28 PM
Here is the difference vs. the game against the vikes. It is extremely unlikely that our D will give up anywhere near 200 yds on the ground. Plus Minn. let you average over 8 per carry - that just won't be the case this week. Second, even tho' you won, you still gave up over 300 in the air (I think it might have even been 350). If Jake connects with Rod, Ash, and Shannon at all you will have your hands full.

Basically the edge is for our defense, I believe you will have a tough time outscoring us, especially if we put up anything near 30.

Mer
11-12-2003, 02:37 PM
Maybe the fans are all digging their computers out of the ashes of their homes. :(

super_boltz
11-12-2003, 03:06 PM
WE GAVE UP 350 YARDS IN THE AIR KUZ WE PLAYED PREVENT AFTER WE HAD 28 21 POINT LEADS THEN THEY CUT IT TO 14 AND WE PICKED THEM OFF AND IT WAS GAME OVER.... AND REALISTICALLY THE RUN GAME WAS NOT A FACTOR SURE LT HAD 165 YARDS BUT HE HAD A 77 AND A 55 YARD RUN SO THE OTHER RUNS WERE BASICALLY NIL ALTHOUGH HE DID HAVE 50 PLUS YARDS RECEIVING TOO WHICH MADE A DIFFERNCE.... DONT PLAN ON PLUMMER COMING BACK TO THROW FOR 350 AND WITH FLUTIE IN IF U PUT UP 30 WE CAN PUT UP 40 WE HAD 42 WITH 9 MINUTES LEFT AND A 28 POINT LEAD SO WE LET UP

super_boltz
11-12-2003, 03:08 PM
**** AINT FUNNY BOUT THE ASHES MAN... IT WAS NO JOKE.. WHOLE CITY JUST DARK AT 1 IN THE AFTERNOON... AND WERE USED TO SUNNY DAYS IT HADNT RAINED HERE IN 192 DAYS AND THEN WE FINALLY GET A REAL HOME GAME 2 MONTHS AFTER OUR FIRST ONE

Mer
11-12-2003, 03:15 PM
No one is laughing.

LawDog
11-12-2003, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by super_boltz
WE GAVE UP 350 YARDS IN THE AIR KUZ WE PLAYED PREVENT AFTER WE HAD 28 21 POINT LEADS THEN THEY CUT IT TO 14 AND WE PICKED THEM OFF AND IT WAS GAME OVER.... AND REALISTICALLY THE RUN GAME WAS NOT A FACTOR SURE LT HAD 165 YARDS BUT HE HAD A 77 AND A 55 YARD RUN SO THE OTHER RUNS WERE BASICALLY NIL ALTHOUGH HE DID HAVE 50 PLUS YARDS RECEIVING TOO WHICH MADE A DIFFERNCE.... DONT PLAN ON PLUMMER COMING BACK TO THROW FOR 350 AND WITH FLUTIE IN IF U PUT UP 30 WE CAN PUT UP 40 WE HAD 42 WITH 9 MINUTES LEFT AND A 28 POINT LEAD SO WE LET UP

TURN OFF THE CAPS LOCK!!!

42, yeah right. Including the 42 point fluke at Minn. you are averaging only 19.3 per game and we have given up an average of 19.0 per game. Our last meeting ended up with you scoring only 13. I predict 24 points tops for SD, Flutie is not going to make a 20+ point impact on your offense.

LawDog
11-12-2003, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by Mer
No one is laughing.

I had the same reaction Mer, but then I looked closely at your smiley and picked up on the subtle nuance that you were actually comiserating, not poking fun.

BroncoManiac_69
11-12-2003, 03:17 PM
**** AINT FUNNY BOUT THE ASHES MAN... IT WAS NO JOKE.. WHOLE CITY JUST DARK AT 1 IN THE AFTERNOON... AND WERE USED TO SUNNY DAYS IT HADNT RAINED HERE IN 192 DAYS AND THEN WE FINALLY GET A REAL HOME GAME 2 MONTHS AFTER OUR FIRST ONE

Yeah, that was not funny at all. That was serious business. Many people lost their lives and homes. Sorry Boltz for that other Bronco fan's bad comment.

Not a place for jokes.

I felt bad for the Chargers when they had to play in Phoenix. All the fans were routing for the Dolphins and it was supposed to be a Charger home game.

May the best team WIN!

GO BRONCOS!!

rascal
11-12-2003, 03:19 PM
Isn't Mer a squaw fan? If not, sorry about the insult Mer.

super_boltz
11-12-2003, 03:21 PM
FLUTIE DOESNT MAKE A 20 POINT DIFFERNCE... I DOUBT WE WOULDA SCORED 20 WITH BREES IN THERE... AND THE GAME WOULD HAVE BEEN OVER BY HALF TIME... FLUTIE MAKES A HUGE DIFFERNCE MAKE NO BONES ABOUT IT HE IS THE MAGIC MAN.... YOU HAVENT FACED A QB LIKE FLUTIE ALL YEAR

Mer
11-12-2003, 03:21 PM
I had the same reaction Mer, but then I looked closely at your smiley and picked up on the subtle nuance that you were actually comiserating, not poking fun.

Not just in San Diego.

I grew up in Newport Beach, and then the San Fernando Valley. :( Some of my family in SD have nothing left.

I can't imagine how it would feel to have nothing.

The point of the post was that San Diego residents probably have a lot more to worry about then coming onto a Broncos messageboard to talk smack.

This concludes your lesson in reading comprehension for those of you that needed it.

NOLABroncofan
11-12-2003, 03:24 PM
Boltz...

Sorry to hear about the fires out there terrorizing you folks. One of my units out there ( 4th Tanks) got roasted and lost quite a bit of gear. Being the $$$ guy for the 4th MarDiv, this fire has caused me a bit of trouble.

As for your chargers, I don't hold much ill will towards them. No offense, but they haven't been a real threat to the Broncs in the past few years. I know I was even ticked at them for releasing both Seau and Harrison. Both are quality players. Had I been a fan, I 'spose I would've been even more ticked. I'd venture to guess that you guys needed a boost to keep the fan base somewhat enthused. Good to see the whupping you put on the Vikes, but it won't be that easy against my beloved Broncs.

Nuff said...

super_boltz
11-12-2003, 03:24 PM
MM K I APOLOGIZE NONE THE LESS I AM TIRED OF TALKING ABOUT THE FIRE ITS ALL I'VE HEARD AND SAW FOR THE LAST FEW WEEKS SO BACK TO FOOTBALL I CANT WAIT TO SEE U GUYS ON SUNDAY

LawDog
11-12-2003, 03:50 PM
FLUTIE DOESNT MAKE A 20 POINT DIFFERNCE... I DOUBT WE WOULDA SCORED 20 WITH BREES IN THERE... AND THE GAME WOULD HAVE BEEN OVER BY HALF TIME... FLUTIE MAKES A HUGE DIFFERNCE MAKE NO BONES ABOUT IT HE IS THE MAGIC MAN.... YOU HAVENT FACED A QB LIKE FLUTIE ALL YEAR

One more time, and type slowly so I can follow your logic.

Only change was Flutie instead of Brees. Chargers score 20+ points more than they have been averaging all year, and yet Flutie does not make a 20 point difference? You average 19 points for and 27 points against, so will need some impact from Flutie. My point was that he will not make the kind of impact this Sunday to overcome the points we put up against your D.

Javalon
11-12-2003, 03:53 PM

Ok, we haven't see a QB like him all year. What exactly haven't we seen?

A mobile QB? I don't know if Flutie is all that mobile. Not bad but he's no Michael Vick. And remember Daunte Culpepper? We bottled him up whereas he was 6 for 42 yards against the Chargers. And the same game Flutie was 6 for 18 yards. And the man is 41 years old so I don't expect a huge running threat from him.

An accurate QB? True he was accurate Sunday but he's a career 55% passer. Do you think from now on he'll throw for 74% like he did Sunday? Unlikely. We've faced a number of more accurate passers (Boller not included ;)) this season.

A powerful passer? Um, I don't think Flutie still has the strongest arm in the world, if he ever did. He's got decent arm strength.

What else does he bring to the field that we haven't faced before? The intangibles? Well, he did provide a spark on Sunday but seem to remember quite a few games where he was just an average quarterback.

Size? Ah...there it is. He's 5'10" and 180 pounds. It's true we haven't faced anybody of that stature this season.

Now, I don't mean to rip on Flutie 'cause I like the guy. I think he's a fun and exciting QB but if he was something super special he'd have been a regular starter his whole career instead of mostly backing up a bunch of average starting QB's.

chiefsfan069
11-13-2003, 06:59 AM
my name may say chiefsfan but i am also a huge chargers fan and whats gonna happen this weekend? chargers will go home with another win so shut up bronco fans yall are loosing yall third in a row

goodluv4Broncos
11-13-2003, 07:09 AM
Yo I really dont know what's going to happen... I see you guys missing mike anderson and Mobley alot this week.... simply because Mobley didnt have the speed to cover dwight running across the field but he had the smarts to always be in a good position to defend the pass over the middle and a less experienced lb will live dwight open.... that will be all game just like last week with the vikings... flutie will get out the pocket draw the backers up and if they come up far enough he'll run if they do he'll throw it... not to mention our playaction is alloooot more effective with flutie in there... you'll see tons of playaction to the left flutie rolls out right... dwight will be in the slot running across the field you'll have boston doing 10 15 yard outs or stop n go's caldwell running a post and tomlinson underneath if he isnt bottled up on the fake....minnesota never could figure it out we marched down the field 4 straight times in the first half... but your defense is alot better than there's and the whole right side of our line are rookies they've played well thelast couple weeks... but on the left side of our line mcintosh just sucks he is not a starter... and as we all know games are won and lost with the line.. you guys have the edge there but with flutie the line only has to play ok kuz he's out the pocket on every play ne ways...... defensively... i'm sure you guys will notice the DRASTIC improvement from our first game we finally managed to control the perimeter and not lose containment although up the middle has opened up more in the last couple weeks.... either way i see this as close game with plummer coming back he is the X factor if he plays great you win if he doesnt you lose Flutie lets go on down to the corner market and you throw your best on Sunday ya here now roll out too the right and hello Mr Wilson now Dennis you bad little boy, throws the ball Lelie intercepts yep flutie your very accurate.

rascal
11-13-2003, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by chiefsfan069
my name may say chiefsfan but i am also a huge chargers fan and whats gonna happen this weekend? chargers will go home with another win so shut up bronco fans yall are loosing yall third in a row

You lost all credibility after that comment saying Griese was up to par with Elway. So you need to be the one to shut up.

rascal
11-13-2003, 09:20 AM
No Lelie isn't. And I tought it was confusing as well.

NOLABroncofan
11-13-2003, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by horseface
I keep reading this to see if I'm missing something...is it supposed to make sense? Is Lelie playing both ways now?

I have nary a clue what he's trying to say here. Lelie is fast, but I doubt his cover skills would warrant him being moved to corner.

Nuff said...

Broncofan-13
11-13-2003, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by Mer
Maybe the fans are all digging their computers out of the ashes of their homes. :(

that aint right, man :(

pikman
11-13-2003, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by NOLABroncofan
I have nary a clue what he's trying to say here. Lelie is fast, but I doubt his cover skills would warrant him being moved to corner.

Nuff said...

Could he do worse than Deltha. Maybe O'Niel should move to WR and Lelie move to CB and all of our problems will go away. We know Lelie can knock the ball down real good, and deltha can run real fast (as long as he's not trying to cover someone else).

Javalon
11-13-2003, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by horseface
that's true...lelie is fast as hell...and he's awesome at batting the ball away...and Deltha...well, we don't really know if he can catch...he definitely can't catch opposing players.

Awesome at batting the ball away, eh? That was a nice little jab there, Horseface. But I still hold out hope for Lelie. It took Rod Smith until his third season before he developed really good hands. Maybe the third season's the charm for Lelie, too.

muse
11-13-2003, 10:01 AM
Nah, put Dropsie at cornerback....

AsianOrange
11-13-2003, 12:26 PM
I wonder what Flutie's record is against the Broncos?