PDA

View Full Version : We need a new punter...

muse
11-13-2003, 09:55 AM
Ok, we talk about Deltha being inconsistent. Look at Knorr. One punt goes 56 yards. Nice. The next one is badly sliced and goes 20, setting the other team up with great field position. I personally couldn't give a monkey's arse that he can kick off. There's got to be someone out there who can do both of those, and do them consistently.

broncosforlife
11-13-2003, 10:37 AM
I been saying that for a year now knorr sucks! we need a new punter bad.

RealBronco
11-13-2003, 10:47 AM
I don't think we need a new punter at all. Our kicking team is one of the best in the league.

BroncoCy
11-13-2003, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by broncosforlife
I been saying that for a year now knorr sucks! we need a new punter bad.

He kicks low line drives while kicking off to the ten yard like...not too great.

Javalon
11-13-2003, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by BroncoCy
He kicks low line drives while kicking off to the ten yard like...not too great.

Well, Knorr does boot more of his kickoffs into the endzone that Elam did. I never understood how Elam, tied for the longest field goal in NFL history, could be such a poor kickoff guy.

Knorr actually is ranked #6 in the NFL in average yards per punt. He's not great but he's not horrible, either.

pikman
11-13-2003, 12:01 PM
Right now I'd have to say that the problems in the secondary are of a higher priority than the kicking game.
Knorr hasn't been that bad it just has been magnified by the number of three and out's since Jake went down.

AsianOrange
11-13-2003, 12:15 PM
I think the punt team is as good as it gets. Now if you want a super punter...I don't know where you'll find one....maybe go out and scout Rugby leagues....now those guys are all punters!

muse
11-14-2003, 01:12 AM
Nick Beal, Northampton Saints (Union). This guy can boot a size 5 rugby ball down the field around 55-70 metres.

elwaymvp
11-14-2003, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by muse
Ok, we talk about Deltha being inconsistent. Look at Knorr. One punt goes 56 yards. Nice. The next one is badly sliced and goes 20, setting the other team up with great field position. I personally couldn't give a monkey's arse that he can kick off. There's got to be someone out there who can do both of those, and do them consistently.

Maybe we should also get one that can kick field goals...

RealBronco
11-14-2003, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by elwaymvp
Maybe we should also get one that can kick field goals...

Um...Knorr and Elam CAN kick field goals... What part of 65 yards do we not understand?

BroncoManiac_69
11-14-2003, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by Javalon
I never understood how Elam, tied for the longest field goal in NFL history, could be such a poor kickoff guy.

I always said this. He should do a 3 step kick on kick offs like a field goal attempt. When he was approaching the ball on kick offs, he always seemed to change his speed and then kick it straight up.

muse
11-19-2003, 06:09 AM
What's the point of running 15 yards to kick a ball? Johnny Wilkinson can kick it 50 metres with a 4 steps back 3 to the side sort of thing...