PDA

View Full Version : Just Curious...

NOLABroncofan
11-13-2003, 11:55 AM
All rivalries aside, IF the Broncos don't make it through the post season and the Chiefs do.... how many Broncs fans would root for them?

The same question can go in the reverse. Once the Chiefs are knocked out and the Broncs are still in it... would the Chief fans root for the OJ&Blue ?

Me personally; I don't have anything against the Chiefs. I'd root for them if they went further than the Broncos. Guess my feelings are that I'd rather see a fellow AFC West ( with the exception of the "Silver and Bleak" ) team take the SB than some NFC team.

On a side note: In the rare instance that the above happens, at least I'd get to look forward to the Chiefs having a crappy upcoming draft :p

Nuff said...

pikman
11-13-2003, 11:59 AM
I have to say that if the broncos are eliminated or don't make the playoffs, I can't root for another AFC west team. Be it silver & Black or condiment color.

I just root for good football games after that. Not blowouts or sloppy games just good solid entertaining football.

My stress level goes down about 75 notches as well.

Perry1977
11-13-2003, 12:03 PM
My roommate says he is going to root for the Chiefs if the Broncos end up out of the playoffs. I dont think I can root for the Chiefs now...too many loudmouth Chiefs fans have sprung up. 34 years is a long ass time, and it must feel good for them to have a good thing going, and it is clearly evident how jealous they have been of the Broncos' recent success.

At the same time, they will always be the secondary rivalry in the AFC West for us. The Raiders always have been, and always will be, the #1 rival for the Broncos. Probably the best rivalry in the NFL.

Maybe if the Chiefs fans weren't so obnoxious (in general, there are some good ones too), I would be happy to see them win a Superbowl. Maybe I can say that if they do win, I will be happy for Horseface, Mer and ReasonableChief; but as far as the rest of the idiotic Chiefs brigade, I would love to see them fall short.

ReasonableChief
11-13-2003, 12:13 PM
Halfheartedly, at best. I might try to convince myself if the Chiefs were eliminated that it might as well be the Broncos, but there certainly would not be the emotional investment in the Broncos as there would be in the Chiefs.

Just to be clear, I was never jealous of the Broncos success in a previous century (couldn't resist) any more than Bronco fans are jealous of the Chiefs' recent success. As for rivalries, now that Seattle is out of the picture, I look forward to every divisional game, but the Raider game the most. The Raiders are close in the all-time series with us (we've won one more out of about 100 meetings); I believe the Broncos would have to sweep us 5 consecutive years to get even that close.

Just giving you some grief.

AsianOrange
11-13-2003, 12:14 PM
Depends.....I don't root for a team in our conference or a division rival simply because I root against them often. At the same time, it's all about storyline. I like rooting for the underdogs...so I would go for the Cowboys or the Panthers (I think they are on pace to be at least a wildcard).

gr8moose
11-13-2003, 12:45 PM
If the Broncos were eliminated from the playoffs, I would probably go to the Pack if they were in it, personal ties, or Philly cuz I live here, and it would be nice to live in town when they win a championship (and there are none bigger than the superbowl). Plus these people are nuts so it owuld be one giant block party for a couple weeks. I can deal with that.

Chiefs season may end up like the 15-1 Vikings in 98.

Mer
11-13-2003, 12:49 PM
I would also grudgingly go for Denver.

Anything that proves our division is the best.

The Chiefs fan in me would like to throw up at another Bronco superbowl before a KC one.

But the football fan in me would love to see Jake end up there after his years in the desert.

This is a moot point however, since we're going and not you.

;)

BroncoManiac_69
11-13-2003, 12:49 PM
If the Chiefs make it to the SB, then I would route for them.

Dear God Somebody SLAP ME!

I always route for the AFC in the SB with one exception.

Black and Silver

GO BRONCOS!!

pikman
11-13-2003, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by kcdomination
PLEASE

PLEASE

Don't root for the CHIEFS.

We are trying to remain high class.

nuff said

Does that mean you drink your beer from a glass and your peanuts are already shelled.

pikman
11-13-2003, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by horseface
you are one of the exact reasons we cant claim to be "high class"...don't you see that you are hated by even your fellow chief fans here. I love the Chiefs...but I hate associating myself with a tool such as yourself.

Hey HF it looks like that dude in your avatar is smoking a gagger.

pikman
11-13-2003, 01:01 PM
He has cataracts...get off his back...what I'm wondering...is who the hell he's talking to on that phone...
In case you didn't see him...he was on TV, in the stands at the MNF game against Denver...just yapping it up on the phone.

Ya I saw him, best part of the game. Probably calling his sponsor. ("which step am I on again")

WoodlandPkPunk
11-13-2003, 01:55 PM
If the Broncos are eliminated or do not make the playoffs, I could care less about any of the games or teams. What would be the point. I'll spend my time getting ready for the draft and the Colorado Crush.

AsianOrange
11-13-2003, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by Mer

I think it's well known that the AFC West is dominate.

Javalon
11-13-2003, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by Mer

The Chiefs fan in me would like to throw up at another Bronco superbowl before a KC one.

But the football fan in me would love to see Jake end up there after his years in the desert.

This is a moot point however, since we're going and not you.

;)

Heh, I like how your posts seem to be semi-nice to the Broncos and then you throw in little jabs just to make sure everybody knows you don't really like them. That's cool.

Anyway, I don't know if I'd pull for the Chiefs were they to get to the Big Game. I know I wholeheartedly rooted against the Raiders last year. But I don't hate the Chiefs like I do the Raiders.

Naw, probably can't do it. I might pull for the Chiefs just because some of you Chiefs fans seem to be good folk and deserve a bit of football happiness. But then there are others like that kcdomination dork that balance out the decent fans.

AsianOrange
11-13-2003, 02:28 PM
how was he a Bucs fan? Does this guy a fair weather fan?

Broncofan-13
11-13-2003, 02:30 PM
prolly a rams fan before that, although he probably ripped of his faulk jersey after the superbowl ;)

ReasonableChief
11-13-2003, 02:30 PM
rest assured that KCdomination was a Bucs fan last year...We don't claim him.

Don't you remember him? His name was TBDomination after last season. If you check out his history, a couple weeks ago there was no KCDomination in here because he was too busy as FloridaMarlinsDomination and OklahomaSoonerDomination and the late MiamiHurricaneDomination.

Rest assured, Kansas City doesn't have a monopoly on idiot fans and I hope one or two bad apples don't spoil the whole bunch.

Broncofan-13
11-13-2003, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by ReasonableChief

Rest assured, Kansas City doesn't have a monopoly on idiot fans and I hope one or two bad apples don't spoil the whole bunch.

yea, ask aardwolf. is he evena broncos fan?

orangenblue420
11-13-2003, 03:08 PM
A part of me pulls for the AFC West in general when it comes to the playoffs, only because I want our division to be represented well, but I can say I didnt route for the Raiders, I just couldnt do it, I want our division to be tough, but I dont want that toughness represented by the Raiders. As far as the Chiefs, we always dominated them so I never had any ill will towards them till this year really, and its not cause we lost its HOW we lost and the fact that moist Chief fans would not admit that Hall's run back was BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

orangenblue420
11-13-2003, 03:21 PM
the Chiefs lead the overall series against the Broncos...so I wouldn't say you always dominated them.

Yeah but I would and did :D

hehehe, your post time was 420 ;)