PDA

View Full Version : Deltha O'Neal as Receiver this week

orange_crush77
11-14-2003, 09:36 AM
What do you think? I mena, he hasn't done all that bad a job at punt returner but I do worry about his tendencies to fumble a lot. I just think that as a cornerback he has blown way too many plays last year and this year.

I think it's a good move.

thesaint
11-14-2003, 10:26 AM
I think its this or cut him. Might as well give it a shot...

Maybe it would help if Trent Green were our QB. Deltha always seemed to have good luck catching his passes...

Perry1977
11-14-2003, 10:27 AM
haha! =)

gr8moose
11-14-2003, 10:51 AM
Never seen him play WR.

Can he run good hard routes?
Can he break coverage?

Hoss
11-14-2003, 10:55 AM
According to the Rocky Mount. News website, he doesn't know the plays yet, and looks rough as a receiver. I'm sure that is expected though. He's fast and has good hands, it could work once he learns the plays but I doubt you see him in there this week. He's not at all happy about the move apparently (understandable).

NOLABroncofan
11-14-2003, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by Hoss
According to the Rocky Mount. News website, he doesn't know the plays yet, and looks rough as a receiver. I'm sure that is expected though. He's fast and has good hands, it could work once he learns the plays but I doubt you see him in there this week. He's not at all happy about the move apparently (understandable).

Yep... Here's the article for those interested

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/broncos/article/0,1299,DRMN_17_2427269,00.html

Nuff said...

rascal
11-14-2003, 12:29 PM
I played both ways in highschool and some college and that really helped me. I knew what to expect from the opposing guy because I played that position as well. Maybe this well help him in his CB position and is only a temporary thing. Either way it doesn't look good.

NOLABroncofan
11-14-2003, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by horseface
I'm not even going to touch on that " I 'played both ways' in highschool" thing, Rascal.

LOL!!!

Nuff said...

rascal
11-14-2003, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by horseface
I'm not even going to touch on that " I 'played both ways' in highschool" thing, Rascal.

LOL. I deserved that one.

spikerman
11-14-2003, 03:59 PM
He should be a great receiver! He just needs to use the moves that opposing receivers used on him. He should be wide open every play!!!!!

spikerman
11-14-2003, 04:05 PM
Obviously my last post was a joke. I still would like to see Deltha succeed. Everyone around the situation seems to agree that he has loads of talent. I would just love to see him use it soon!