PDA

View Full Version : Will Ed get in the Broncos ring of game or hall of fame?

PutzierChic06
11-14-2003, 02:06 PM
I'm not sure if he has a big chance of making it to the Hall.. which I pray he is a nominie.. he deserves it.

But will Ed be in the Bronco Ring of Fame? Gosh, I sure hope so. Hes been with this team for 10+ years now.. he means a lot to our offense when he is healthy and hes a damn trooper when it comes to takin those big hits. He also is loved by all the fans. :) ANd the good thing.. he loves his fans! :D

Aardwolf
11-15-2003, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by McCaffreyFan03
I'm not sure if he has a big chance of making it to the Hall.. which I pray he is a nominie.. he deserves it.

But will Ed be in the Bronco Ring of Fame? Gosh, I sure hope so. Hes been with this team for 10+ years now.. he means a lot to our offense when he is healthy and hes a damn trooper when it comes to takin those big hits. He also is loved by all the fans. :) ANd the good thing.. he loves his fans! :D

I wouldn't worry too much about McCaffery making the Ring of Fame. That's not really that big of feat. In fact, some of the guys in the Ring were horrible players (Frank Tripucka and Charlie Johnson).

But Hall of Fame? No way!!!

rcclarke21
11-17-2003, 09:04 AM
Of course he will make the ring of fame and automatically be eligible for the Hall of Fame after five years of retirement, I doubt if he will make the Hall, they're too many grat receivers that haven't made it in. He has showed that he is one of the best Broncos ever and a super receiver throughout his career.

chiliD
11-17-2003, 12:13 PM
In fact, some of the guys in the Ring were horrible players (Frank Tripucka and Charlie Johnson).

They weren't so horrible on an individual basis, the Broncos as a TEAM weren't all that good during their years. I remember seeing some fantastic passing games by CharlEY Johnson, after the Broncos got him from the then ST LOUIS Cardinals. Tripucka was "before my time"...but I saw his son (Kelly) play some great basketball for the Detroit Pistons.

FreakyLordGumby
11-17-2003, 03:41 PM
I hope for Ed's sake that he gets into the Hall of Fame but I don't think that he will. But I think that he will definately get in the Ring.

PutzierChic06
11-18-2003, 05:47 AM
It'd be very exciting if Ed made it to the Hall... he could be a nomine couldnt he? Or how does it work?

lwaygirl
11-19-2003, 06:08 AM
You are totally right. Ed does love his fans. I got a chance to meet him at the game in Baltimore and it was totally a dream come true. I think he's a remarkable athlete and I've missed seeing him in the game. Did I mention I named my dog after him?

edmccaffrey87
11-24-2003, 09:26 AM
Eventually I think Ed will make it into the Hall, but it won't be for a long time after he retires, when more of the all-time greats are in there. As for the Ring, for sure! He was one of Elway's go-to-guys during the Super Season!