PDA

View Full Version : Who will win the SB this year?

elwaymvp
11-15-2003, 12:29 PM
Biases aside, who do you honestly think will win the Super Bowl this year? I am going to go with the Titans, because they are starting to excel at the right time, and they will be a serious threat in the Playoffs (they always are). Chiefs might also win it (for the love of everything that is good, I sure hope not), but I am going with the Titans.

What do you think?

Javalon
11-15-2003, 01:05 PM
That's a tough call right now. I don't see any dominant teams right now that I feel will just plough their way through the playoffs. That being said, I feel confident that an AFC team will win it all.

The Chiefs obviously look good but because of their weak schedule (not trying to rile any Chiefs fans) I can't get a feel for how good they really are.

I do like the Titans but they don't have the pounding running game I thought they did. McNair's great but it's dangerous to hang your hopes on one player (as we Broncos fans should know).

The Colts have moved a little down the ranks, in my opinion. They could go all the way but they're too inconsistent for my taste.

The Patriots are really hard to gauge, as well. They don't always look that good but they keep winning.

And the Broncos...If they get back to their early season form with the return of Jake Plummer, I really think they could go all the way. But they'll be a wildcard and, even though they've done it before, the wildcard path is a difficult one.

Right now, I'd go with either the Titans or Chiefs. But a lot could change before the end of the season.

SeaOfBlack0304
11-15-2003, 02:27 PM
The Houston Texans go on a 7 game win streak, the Colts and Titans flop, and Houston wins the divison, goes all the way, and the SuperBowl is a home game!!

Haha just kidding..it'll be KC or TEN. But just out of curiousity...you know how every year they have the superbowl in a different city (SD last year)..well what happens if that city's team goes to the Bowl and has homefield advantage? Do they move it or just let that team have the advantage? Or has it never happened?

Javalon
11-15-2003, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by SeaOfBlack0304
The Houston Texans go on a 7 game win streak, the Colts and Titans flop, and Houston wins the divison, goes all the way, and the SuperBowl is a home game!!

Haha just kidding..it'll be KC or TEN. But just out of curiousity...you know how every year they have the superbowl in a different city (SD last year)..well what happens if that city's team goes to the Bowl and has homefield advantage? Do they move it or just let that team have the advantage? Or has it never happened?

No, the location is set regardless of who gets there. I don't remember it ever happening before but it's possible. I can remember a few times where it came close to happening but that's about it.

Perry1977
11-15-2003, 03:07 PM
Carolina.

dandaman23
11-15-2003, 03:44 PM
Carolina really? I agree with ElwayMVP I think it will be the Titans, if the Titans do not then I think it will be the Chiefs.

SeaOfBlack0304
11-15-2003, 04:46 PM
I dunno, Carolina isn't that bad a pick...great defense beats great offense, just ask the Raiders.

dandaman23
11-15-2003, 04:54 PM
There a good team I just dont think that they are a SB calibur team. Maybe in a year or two I just dont see them in the SB maybe in the playoffs but no SB.

mattos
11-15-2003, 06:54 PM

Haha just kidding

hey that's exactly what i was going to say! oh you're kidding. yeah me too
*laughs uneasily*

elwaymvp
12-02-2003, 04:13 PM
I dunno, Carolina isn't that bad a pick...great defense beats great offense, just ask the Raiders.

Yeah, that's always possible. Carolina does look pretty decent, but they have choked a few times recently. In my mind, the most dominant teams are in the AFC, which is why I think an AFC team will win it. McNair and the Titans are still doing well, so I will still go with them.

As far as who they will play, that is a tough call. The Rams are doing pretty well, but I doubt they will go. The Cowboys have looked pretty good in the past weeks (though not against the Fish), so they might have a shot. I don't know why, but something inside of me is just saying that it will be the Eagles.

I guess we'll see what happens in January.

pikman
12-02-2003, 04:16 PM
I have to give the nod to New England. Man they just look like they have it all going on.

rush_limbaughII
12-02-2003, 04:17 PM
1.) Excellent Coaching
2.) Ability to win close games
3.) Good quarterback
4.) Good defense
5.) They beat good teams such as Broncos and Colts during the regular season
6.) Prior superbowl experience

ReasonableChief
12-02-2003, 04:24 PM
Eagles over Bengals.

Ug. What a dreary matchup. I still don't know who's coming out of the AFC, but I don't think Philadelphia is a bad bet.

WinFirst
12-02-2003, 04:39 PM
Pats vs. Eagles in the Superbowl.

Pats will win on the arm of Brady & the brains of the coach.

Final SB stats for Brady: 2 TD's in the air, one on the ground & 14 INT's. I have him on my FF team & everytime I start him he has at least two INT's. :mad:

Chris
12-02-2003, 04:39 PM
The Titans are slipping

The Broncos are the huge underdog

I see the pats beating the chiefs if we don't first

BroncoCy
12-02-2003, 04:48 PM
I think the Ravens are playing freaky good football these past few weeks. Look for them to win their division and go to the Superbowl.