PDA

View Full Version : We need Larry Fitzgerald...

BroncoCy
11-15-2003, 07:25 PM
I'm watching him light up WVU right now. Any ball you throw near the direction of him he comes down with. Granted he still has to play one more year but I would be stoked if we somehow got him. He deserves the Heisman this year but probably won't get it due to his age.

SD-BlueCheese
11-15-2003, 10:45 PM
we need someone else... cause he ain't gonna be around in the draft by the time we get our 1st round selection.

DenverFanInGB
11-16-2003, 11:53 AM
Fitzgerald said he wants to enter the draft next season and will challenge the NFL rule saying that u have to be so many years removed from high school much like Claurret is doing. When he enters the draft he'll definately be a top 5 pick, so it'll be hard to get him. I have to admit the dude is the *****. He is really a talented player and i would be excited to see him in blue & orange, but it doesn't seem likely.

-WAR Broncos-

BroncoCy
11-16-2003, 12:36 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by DenverFanInGB
[B]Fitzgerald said he wants to enter the draft next season and will challenge the NFL rule saying that u have to be so many years removed from high school much like Claurret is doing. When he enters the draft he'll definately be a top 5 pick, so it'll be hard to get him. I have to admit the dude is the *****. He is really a talented player and i would be excited to see him in blue & orange, but it doesn't seem likely.

I was not aware he wanted to challange the rule...where and when did you hear this??

DenverFanInGB
11-16-2003, 01:06 PM
I heard that on ESPN yesterday. But i just read an article saying that his dad, Larry Sr. who's the sports editor for a Minneanapolis newspaper , said that if Claurett won his case against the NFL it would be something for his son to consider. It seems that Larry Jr. has a good head on his shoulders by saying, "I see the NFL as a huge step up. You got to be mentally and physically prepared to deal with a 16-game season. It's an unbelievable chore to maintain that high level of play every week. I've been around. I've seen guys get burnt out."

So there's a chance he could play in the NFL next year, but i think he might just wait a year. Which would probably be best for him.

BroncoCy
11-16-2003, 01:17 PM
This sucks...this will start a snowball effect on college football with everyone leaving a year early and before you know it, college football will be watered down like college bball. I love college football to :)