PDA

View Full Version : Who will win the Heisman this year?

JoRo
06-14-2005, 01:27 PM
Will Leinert repeat?

Will some unknown come in an take it?

Who do you think is gonna get it?

PsychoChicken
06-14-2005, 04:19 PM
It's probably Leinart's to lose if USC goes undefeated and he is healthy. Bush is up there too. Another good pick would be RB DeAngelo Williams of Memphis. I think if Notre Dome can get a double-digit win season, then Quinn has a shot. I also like Chad Henne of Michigan, and I'd like to see how he does without Braylon.

MauriceClarett
06-14-2005, 05:10 PM
i think teddy ginn will. he has blazing speed and is good with the ball.

ReleaseTheBeast7
06-14-2005, 05:35 PM
Leinart is gotta be the favorite, but reggie bush will be right there too.
So will Adrian Peterson.

However, Brady Quinn will win the heisman this year.

Mike Hart or Chad Henne... It's a lock... Right NJ? ;)

cutthecrap
06-14-2005, 07:39 PM
i think teddy ginn will. he has blazing speed and is good with the ball.
But ginn isnt consistent he proved that last year.

aberdien
06-15-2005, 09:58 AM
Matt Leinart or Adrian Peterson. Stefan Lefors should have won it last year. :beer:

Wisconsinhomer
06-15-2005, 11:08 AM
Andy Kemp (badgers) OL 6-6 316 Fr. Menasha, WI

menasha is only a couple of minuetes away from where I live. I'm already jumping on his band wagon.

BVP
06-15-2005, 05:03 PM
Well, it will be Colorado St. QB Justin Holland. WOO WOO! If Alex Smith can make it to the finals, then Holland easily can. If he stays healthy, he will have a Heisman caliber season.

JkThSnake #16
06-15-2005, 09:01 PM
I think maybe drew tate of the hawkeyes

Bellthebest
06-16-2005, 12:13 AM
Leinart will repeat cause he has a lot of expirience with college football so he will win it this year...but next year its gunna be Adrian Petereson

aberdien
06-16-2005, 09:16 AM
Andy Kemp (badgers) OL 6-6 316 Fr. Menasha, WI

menasha is only a couple of minuetes away from where I live. I'm already jumping on his band wagon.

I don't have anything against lineman, but I highly doubt he will win the heisman. It would be amazing if he did though.

broncofan303
06-19-2005, 03:19 PM
So will Adrian Peterson.

LOL Brady Quinn? I love the Irish, my second favorite team in fact, but Quinn isn't going to win it over AD or Leinart even if he has a great season...

My pick is Adrian Peterson! Trust me, I've seen what he could do..ouch, painful memory...

OrangeSmoke
06-19-2005, 04:20 PM
Got to go with Vince Young. :beer:

DarKliger
06-19-2005, 08:11 PM
Omar Jacobs or Chris Leak.

broncofan303
06-19-2005, 09:30 PM

Wow forgot about him, he really exploded against Michigan...also Brad Smith has got to be on that list, he gave the whole Big 12 fits...but then again, they did lose to Troy State..haha

broncofan303
06-19-2005, 09:31 PM
Well, it will be Colorado St. QB Justin Holland. WOO WOO! If Alex Smith can make it to the finals, then Holland easily can. If he stays healthy, he will have a Heisman caliber season.

LOL homer...just playing...but I have to admit (although I am a buffaloe!) that kid has some skills, he has good pocket awareness and can throw a nice ball..he was way better than Bradley Van Pelt..

mrsolo
06-20-2005, 12:53 PM

Gonna be tough for Vince to win with another loss to the Sooners. I think it's either Matt Leinart or Adrian Peterson. What might hurt Leinart is the same that hurt Peterson last year. Leinart might have to share a lot of votes with Reggie Bush.

broncofan303
06-20-2005, 06:58 PM
Gonna be tough for Vince to win with another loss to the Sooners. I think it's either Matt Leinart or Adrian Peterson. What might hurt Leinart is the same that hurt Peterson last year. Leinart might have to share a lot of votes with Reggie Bush.

LOL what a joke huh, poor AD had to share it with the overrated White, I'm glad the nfl scouts realized that he had sick WR's and surprizingly go undrafted...yeah but its all AD's to lose...

the last couple of years I knew OU would dominated Texas, b ut I don't know about this year..the Sooners lost almost their entire team, they still have some sick young players that can step in, but who knows if thats going to hold up...Who do you think will get the starting nod for the Sooners? Bomar, Thompson, or Grady? I think Thompson is the sickest they have...

Bronco8534
06-20-2005, 10:31 PM
Leinart will definitly win it again

Booher
06-21-2005, 08:45 PM
Marcus Vick......!

rcsodak
06-21-2005, 10:01 PM
LOL what a joke huh, poor AD had to share it with the overrated White, I'm glad the nfl scouts realized that he had sick WR's and surprizingly go undrafted...yeah but its all AD's to lose...

the last couple of years I knew OU would dominated Texas, b ut I don't know about this year..the Sooners lost almost their entire team, they still have some sick young players that can step in, but who knows if thats going to hold up...Who do you think will get the starting nod for the Sooners? Bomar, Thompson, or Grady? I think Thompson is the sickest they have...

Yeah....Thompson's sick alright.....I get nauseaus every time I think of him starting!

I hope one of the other guys beats him out. Thompson is NOT an accurate passer...and OU relies on that. And he's no faster than White was before he tore up his knees.

They'll need a very good QB back there, to take the heat off of AD...or he'll likely get bloodied......

nas1
06-21-2005, 11:10 PM
DeAngelo Williams-the next Emmitt Smith just faster

broncofan303
06-22-2005, 10:06 PM
Yeah....Thompson's sick alright.....I get nauseaus every time I think of him starting!

I hope one of the other guys beats him out. Thompson is NOT an accurate passer...and OU relies on that. And he's no faster than White was before he tore up his knees.

They'll need a very good QB back there, to take the heat off of AD...or he'll likely get bloodied......

AD is a beast though, I don't think he minds getting 40 carries a game..lol, I acutally think OU has a better team than last year..although they did lose most of their players, there are sick young players waiting for that chance...it won't shock me if they make it to the title game this year again..

Nick7
06-23-2005, 09:11 AM
Will Leinert repeat?

Me motherf*ckers!

broncofan303
06-23-2005, 04:25 PM
Marcus Vick......!

If he stays out of jail he'll do great...lol

EddyMac8708
07-03-2005, 08:13 AM
Chris Anderson. He is a Stud. Go Rams!!

Jared
07-03-2005, 09:49 AM
Will Leinert repeat?

I predict it will be a high profile QB, RB, or WR from a BCS school, regardless of whether they are actually the"best player in college football", as the trophy describes. :coffee:

Calif. Bronco
07-03-2005, 11:10 AM
I predict it will be a high profile QB, RB, or WR from a BCS school, regardless of whether they are actually the"best player in college football", as the trophy describes. :coffee:

You mean the left tackle for Holy Cross has no chance? You crush me Jared
:D

mrsolo
07-03-2005, 02:45 PM

Hahahahahahahaha.... :D

Jared
07-04-2005, 12:48 PM

Well, regardless of position, HC is D-IAA, so no. I should have said "from a division I school" in there too. :D

Although, I personally like Patriot League football, Holy Cross? I mean, they suck. :goofy:

Not as bad as Georgetown, but still.

CR18
07-04-2005, 05:08 PM
So will Adrian Peterson.

hahahaahahahahahahhahahaahah omg, yeah right, sorry for being rude but brady quinn is not what you call "talented" or what you call "adequate" or what you call "quarterback"
:D :duh:

brady quinn, THAT MADE MY DAY!

BVP
07-04-2005, 06:25 PM
Chris Anderson. He is a Stud. Go Rams!!

Yeah, he is a stud. But I think that Justin Holland will have a better year than him, cause Holland is a QB, and our returing TE is pretty good. (I think)

Wilson56 bell26
07-20-2005, 05:30 PM
well being the fsu fan i am i wanna say leon washington :D

too bad that's not gonna happen.....i really see peterson winning it this year

mrbrightside111
07-21-2005, 07:19 PM
Vince Young my boy from Texas will win the heismen and thats a fact not a statement.

PsychoChicken
07-21-2005, 07:59 PM
Vince Young my boy from Texas will win the heismen and thats a fact not a statement.
Oh, he sure will, if he learns that to play QB, he's supposed to take advantage of his arm. Until then, I don't like his chances.

thesaint
07-22-2005, 05:06 AM
well being the fsu fan i am i wanna say leon washington :D

How can you be an FSU fan AND a Duke fan???

:confused:

Elway Jr.
07-22-2005, 06:06 AM
Steve Breaston is gonna have a pretty good shot at winning it. For one thing he is lightning quick and two he can pass, run, recieve and return. After all he had over 300 all-purpose yards in the Rose Bowl. Yes Matt Leinart will have a chance along with Adrian Peterson, Reggie Bush, and some other guys but Brady Quinn come on, what Crack Are you smokin. By the way Psycochicken Chad Henne will do just fine Avant and Breaston will catch the old pigskin if he throws it.

LCA534
07-22-2005, 06:41 AM
Two words: Chad Henne

mrsolo
07-22-2005, 06:59 AM
If Matt Leinart posts similar numbers, AND they go UNDEFEATED-or make it to the title game- he will probably win it. He's the media darling. He didn't have the big loss at the end of the year like Jason White did two years ago, so there won't be as much hesistation to give him a second trophy. I don't like USC, but popularity and team success are as much a part of the voting now as talent, ability and performance.

If Adrian Peterson can put up similar numbers to last year's production, he's gonna be awfully hard to beat, not to mention that he'll deserve it. There's a long season between now and then. It will be very interesting to see who will be there come December.

sooners13
08-20-2005, 08:20 PM
LOL Brady Quinn? I love the Irish, my second favorite team in fact, but Quinn isn't going to win it over AD or Leinart even if he has a great season...

My pick is Adrian Peterson! Trust me, I've seen what he could do..ouch, painful memory...

I'll second that
:beer:

BVP
08-21-2005, 12:08 AM
I think that if USC goes undefeated again, then it will have to be either Bush or Lienart. I am hoping that the honors go to Lienart again this year, because I just think that for the 2nd year in a row, that he is the best player in college football. I also like the fact that he came back for another year in college.

broncosphreek
08-21-2005, 02:07 PM
im thinking Lienart. great player. but we got to see what happens.

alan
09-05-2005, 09:33 AM
marshawn lynch,if he is still availible when denver draft i will kill shanny if he doesent draft him,hes a breakaway runner who reminds me of clinton portis

NJBRONCOSFAN
09-05-2005, 09:38 AM
hahahaahahahahahahhahahaahah omg, yeah right, sorry for being rude but brady quinn is not what you call "talented" or what you call "adequate" or what you call "quarterback"
:D :duh:

brady quinn, THAT MADE MY DAY!
Yea..his performance this past weekend makes you look like a fool.

LbloodOjunkieG
09-05-2005, 09:44 AM
Did Adrian Peterson hurt his ankle or something? As for the Heisman, I will say Lienhart again.

Charlie Brown
09-05-2005, 11:52 AM
I think Leinart will win again .. of course though he will have a drop in production though. Due to Chow leaving for the Titans.

RoorRipper
09-05-2005, 12:29 PM
#3, Georgia's QB, looked DAMN good against Boise St.

If he continues numbers like that, I don't see how anyone else can beat him out.

GridironChamp
09-05-2005, 12:45 PM
Reggie Bush will win it this year

OR

Matt Leinhart but i would rather see Reggie Bush get it

BroncoinKsCity
09-08-2005, 05:08 AM
Will Leinert repeat?

Dark horse-- Brad Smith of Missiouri.

Wilson56 bell26
10-05-2005, 05:51 PM
Marcus Vick......!

right.....unfortunately you can say that because he didn't state for people to be realistic.....which if you haven't caught on already...your answer is not

Wilson56 bell26
10-05-2005, 05:54 PM
How can you be an FSU fan AND a Duke fan???

:confused:

FSU football

Duke basketball.....just the way i am. Ever since i have understood sports it's been that way...not because they're always good....but because i've always liked em. I still root for fsu basketball and duke football but not as much Duke b-ball and FSU football. My dad is a huge FSU fan...so that influenced me as well....though he HATES Duke, dunno why that didn't rub off on me :duh:

Booher
10-05-2005, 08:42 PM
marcus vick!

Orange Cru$h
10-05-2005, 10:43 PM
Reggie Bush is the most exciting to watch. My votes for him. :beer:

dubbie_d
10-10-2005, 02:46 PM
agree with leinert and bush..but i hope NEITHER of them get it.....my really really dark horse pick would be calhoun from wisconsin.....my contender for bush and leinert would be v.young..of course..this guy has been flat out impressive...and the U of Minnesota RB has my eye...as well as Stanton from Michigan State...but im not a big believer in the Big 10....so congrats V. Young...2005-06 Heisman Winner

PsychoChicken
10-10-2005, 03:22 PM
At this point, I have very little doubt it will be Matt Leinart. He'll take votes from Bush, so the only other real possibility is Vince Young.

TXBRONC
10-10-2005, 07:20 PM
If Leinert continues to keep USC in position to win a third straight National Championship I think he wins the Heisman.

armedequation
10-16-2005, 03:55 AM
young, marooney, and if he keeps it up drew cause that guy's an animal

TXBRONC
10-18-2005, 08:19 PM
#3, Georgia's QB, looked DAMN good against Boise St.

If he continues numbers like that, I don't see how anyone else can beat him out.

He's looked good and may finish in the top five but I really think its going to come down to Leinart and Bush. There are already some sports writers/commentators that think Bush won it due to his preformance in South Bend.

watchthemiddle
10-18-2005, 09:50 PM
He's looked good and may finish in the top five but I really think its going to come down to Leinart and Bush. There are already some sports writers/commentators that think Bush won it due to his preformance in South Bend.

Ya, with the air time those two get during games and on the highlight shows, one of the two will win it.

i think it will probably be Bush, but then again that 4th and 9 pass from Leinart in the final drive was a masterpiece so who knows.

TXBRONC
10-19-2005, 07:06 AM
Ya, with the air time those two get during games and on the highlight shows, one of the two will win it.

i think it will probably be Bush, but then again that 4th and 9 pass from Leinart in the final drive was a masterpiece so who knows.

I agree that pass was clutch. Its plays like that one lead me to believe that Leinart is going to win it again. Yeah Bush had a great game but ultimately it came down to Lienart's ability to lead his team down the field on the final drive of the game. If that wasn't enough it was Lienart that made the decision to sneak the ball into the endzone.

broncofan303
10-19-2005, 07:14 AM
This is who DESERVES it....

Vince Young

He's basically carrying the WHOLE Texas team on his back, making plays is one thing but being an emotional leader, giving Texass that swagger is the reason why he should win it...

But I really think Bush is going to win it this year, if he wasn't on the team against Notre Dame, ND wins it easily...LenDale is very good, but he doesn't have that breakaway speed and as quick of moves as Bush, he wouldn't of broke loose like Bush did 3 times...

TXBRONC
10-19-2005, 07:22 AM
This is who DESERVES it....

Vince Young

He's basically carrying the WHOLE Texas team on his back, making plays is one thing but being an emotional leader, giving Texass that swagger is the reason why he should win it...

But I really think Bush is going to win it this year, if he wasn't on the team against Notre Dame, ND wins it easily...LenDale is very good, but he doesn't have that breakaway speed and as quick of moves as Bush, he wouldn't of broke loose like Bush did 3 times...

Bush is a tremendous talent but its Leinart that carries the team. That last drive is proof of that.

As good as Bush is and he is very good, White is good enough to be the centerpiece of the rushing attack. Here's why I say that. Last season as back that rotates in and out with Bush he ran for over 1000 yards and he's on pace to do that again this year as well. While I agree he doesn't have Bush's speed or moves the reason for that is that he a completely different type of back, he's a power runner not a speedster. Now have seen LenDale on more than one occassion break some long runs in fact in ASU game he broke at least on run of 50 plus yard if remember correctly.

I like Vince Young but I don't think he wins because he's not as polished as Leinart and doesn't get the exposure that Leinart and Bush get.

mrsolo
10-19-2005, 08:26 AM
Bush is a tremendous talent but its Leinart that carries the team. That last drive is proof of that.

As good as Bush is and he is very good, White is good enough to be the centerpiece of the rushing attack. Here's why I say that. Last season as back that rotates in and out with Bush he ran for over 1000 yards and he's on pace to do that again this year as well. While I agree he doesn't have Bush's speed or moves the reason for that is that he a completely different type of back, he's a power runner not a speedster. Now have seen LenDale on more than one occassion break some long runs in fact in ASU game he broke at least on run of 50 plus yard if remember correctly.

I like Vince Young but I don't think he wins because he's not as polished as Leinart and doesn't get the exposure that Leinart and Bush get.

White is a very good back, but they are not as talented or successful without Bush, IMO. I think that given a choice, they would keep Bush over White in a heartbeat. He's so dynamic both from the handoff and catching the ball out of the backfield.

TXBRONC
10-19-2005, 09:26 AM
White is a very good back, but they are not as talented or successful without Bush, IMO. I think that given a choice, they would keep Bush over White in a heartbeat. He's so dynamic both from the handoff and catching the ball out of the backfield.

Absolutely. But what I'm saying that if Bush wasn't there the running game would still in capable hands with White as the center piece. Imho Lienart is the one that keeps this team going. That pass he completed on 4th down is typical of his ability to put the ball where it needs to be, that pass right there was the ball game.

alan
10-19-2005, 02:33 PM
i have chaged my mind,now its going to be Brady quinn

y2cragie
10-22-2005, 03:22 PM
If they continue as they are I think Brody Croyel of Alabama would at least be worth a shortlisting.

TXBRONC
10-22-2005, 05:08 PM
i have chaged my mind,now its going to be Brady quinn

If he had beaten USC he would have had a better shot but I really don't see him beating out the likes of Leinart, Bush, and Vince Young.

horsesense
10-25-2005, 12:43 PM
One of those 3 for sure, I see Leinart edging out Bush right now, but that could reverse itself very easily over the next few weeks.

NJBRONCOSFAN
10-26-2005, 03:41 PM
If Brady Quinn continues at this pace, he HAS to receive a ton of recognition, especially of ND runs the table.

Astros05
10-26-2005, 10:11 PM
I agree with you he deserves it!!!!!!!!!!! Go Longhorns!!!!

broncofan303
10-26-2005, 10:29 PM
I agree with you he deserves it!!!!!!!!!!! Go Longhorns!!!!

Bummer for your Astros man, Backe pitched a hell of a game, nothing to be ashamed of..besides, you can't have 2 championships in a state in 1 year ;) ... darn Red Sox and Patriots!