PDA

View Full Version : Broncos musings

Javalon
11-16-2003, 08:58 PM
Okay. I'm feeling good about today's events. But there's still a lot of season to go. I'd love to hear any thoughts about any of the following:

1) The Chiefs are not likely to lose half their remaining games (one loss does not make them a bad team) due to their schedule. The Broncos are not likely to win all six of their remaining games. So, there's not much chance of coming back to win the West.

2) Anybody who thinks the loss of Jake Plummer wasn't the major factor in Denver's losing streak might want to reassess that line of thinking.

3) Our playoff chances are pretty good. Miami is our main competition for the final wildcard. Their remaining schedule is a lot tougher than ours and they're not looking too hot right now. Baltimore could be a problem if they finished tied with us and don't win their division but they have a really...um...uninspiring offense right now and I don't think they'll win more games than Denver the rest of the season.

4) Cincy could be a lot tougher game if they make the playoffs and we end up playing them again.

Finally, one game does not make up for the last three losses. But it sure helped restore my optimism to see the Broncos demolish the Chargers who killed the Vikes last week. I just hope the Broncos maintain that intensity for the rest of the season.

Orange&Blue
11-16-2003, 09:19 PM
1) The Broncos were just plain nasty today. I think that if we can keep up that level of play we should be in good shape. Yes, I know it was against SD, but I honestly can't remember a perfomance that dominating by anyone.

Let me see how the Chiefs respond to Oakland next weekend. I think they definitely could lose to us. I don't know about Minn anymore.

TXBRONC
11-16-2003, 09:53 PM
Losing three in row when you're a good team can do that to you. The Chefs more than likely will not lose 3 more but they will lose at least two more and that will make them sweat a bit. Also if their defense was exposed, if the Bengals can run all over them you know everyone else including Denver is going to do the same thing.

stickyicky420
11-16-2003, 10:08 PM
just because the bungels whipped your chiefs you actually think the bengals are a good team are you kidding they will go 7-9 if there lucky

BroncoManiac_69
11-16-2003, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by stickyicky420
just because the bungels whipped your chiefs you actually think the bengals are a good team are you kidding they will go 7-9 if there lucky

Standing up for the Bengals here.

Did you watch the game today?

They may only go 7-9 but I think the will go 8-8 at worst. Even so, this team is brand new and they are already looking at next year. They are not a Super Bowl team this year but they manhandled a good team today, and they will improve and win more games this year.

BroncoManiac_69
11-16-2003, 10:19 PM
We have faith.

Don't forget. We CAN catch you if you would cooperate and go on a losing streak! ;)

BroncoManiac_69
11-16-2003, 10:41 PM
That's why they play the game.

Javalon
11-16-2003, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by horseface
the Bengals have run over quite a few teams the last few weeks...they are not quite as pathetic as you think...you'll see in the first round of the playoffs...if you get there.
actually...they've beaten 3 out of 4 division leaders this year...they will most likely win their division and guarantee themselves a playoff berth...which is more than Denver can hope for at this point (guaranteed spot). I'd rather be a Bengal than a Bronco right now...they are winning the North and looking at a "guaranteed" spot in the playoffs...are the Bronco's?

I don't know if I'd rather be a Bengal, even if they did just beat the Chiefs. The Bengals are only guaranteed a playoff spot IF they win their division. But today's win didn't quite guarantee them their division. And I don't think they will make the playoffs if they DON'T win their division.

Also, if the Broncos get the last wildcard, they wouldn't play Cincy in the first round because Cincy will have the worst record (99% sure) of the division winners. They would mostly likely play Indy or Tennessee, whichever doesn't win their division. Then, if we both win our wildcard games, we'd each play the top 2 division winners. Then we'd both have to win again to meet in the AFC Championship game. (I could be wrong about how they seed the playoffs, but I think that's it.)

You're right, though, in suggesting that another meeting with the Bengals would probably not be the same cakewalk we had earlier this season.

chickennob2
11-16-2003, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69
Standing up for the Bengals here.

Rudi....Rudi....Rudi....Rudi....

RunByDesign
11-16-2003, 11:23 PM
2) Anybody who thinks the loss of Jake Plummer wasn't the major factor in Denver's losing streak might want to reassess that line of thinking.

It's all about the guy throwing the ball. He's da man.

TXBRONC
11-16-2003, 11:34 PM
I pretty sure the Chefs have not clinched a playoff birth yet. There is still six games to play.

TXBRONC
11-16-2003, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by Javalon
I don't know if I'd rather be a Bengal, even if they did just beat the Chiefs. The Bengals are only guaranteed a playoff spot IF they win their division. But today's win didn't quite guarantee them their division. And I don't think they will make the playoffs if they DON'T win their division.

Also, if the Broncos get the last wildcard, they wouldn't play Cincy in the first round because Cincy will have the worst record (99% sure) of the division winners. They would mostly likely play Indy or Tennessee, whichever doesn't win their division. Then, if we both win our wildcard games, we'd each play the top 2 division winners. Then we'd both have to win again to meet in the AFC Championship game. (I could be wrong about how they seed the playoffs, but I think that's it.)

You're right, though, in suggesting that another meeting with the Bengals would probably not be the same cakewalk we had earlier this season.

I agree with you Denver should clinch a playoff birth and if they were to play the Bengals in Cincy it would a different game.

Javalon
11-16-2003, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by portisistheman
It's all about the guy throwing the ball. He's da man.

Yep. I'm disappointed we didn't have better backup QB's but I have faith Shanny will rectify that this offseason.

Coming into this season, I wasn't sure what to think of Plummer. I'm starting to think his less than stellar stats really were just due to playing on a consistently bad team. The Cards were bad in spite of him, NOT because of him. I hope Jake continues to make me think that. :)

TXBRONC
11-16-2003, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by horseface
the Bengals have run over quite a few teams the last few weeks...they are not quite as pathetic as you think...you'll see in the first round of the playoffs...if you get there.

I didn't say they were pathetic. They are however a .500 team the squaws lost to them. I also never said I would get the Broncos to the playoffs, I do however believe they will get there.