PDA

View Full Version : Broncos finish 12-4, Chiefs end season on 7 game losing streak and miss playoffs!

Interpol
11-17-2003, 11:37 AM
Ok, I know, wishful thinking, but really. It is possible......especially after watching the contrast between the two teams yesterday.

Javalon
11-17-2003, 11:42 AM
Heh, that would be great! But I think the Broncos will have to settle for a wildcard.

JellyBean2144
11-19-2003, 08:51 AM
LOL!! That would be sweet, perhaps the greatest choke job in NFL history, to go down like that. But the Broncos will be fine.

bklynbronco
11-19-2003, 09:09 AM
that's asking for alot though it sounds nice. I just want the broncos to make the playoffs without having to play the titans in the 1st round.

ReasonableChief
11-19-2003, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by Interpol
Ok, I know, wishful thinking, but really. It is possible......especially after watching the contrast between the two teams yesterday.

Anything's possible, I suppose, but I think you could be reading a wee bit too much into 1 game by each team. Some weeks you look absolutely unbeatable and other weeks you wonder if your team even belongs in the NFL.

If I were a betting man, I'd say the Chiefs have a better chance of running the table and the Broncos losing out than the opposite. But of course, I'm a Chiefs fan.

We'll see how things look after this Sunday. KC and Denver both have games they should win, but I won't be totally shocked if one of them loses. But then, this is the NFL.

broncofan303
11-19-2003, 08:20 PM
National Fixed League

bmanbronco
11-19-2003, 08:24 PM
Sure would be nice but I will settle for kicking there arse in the playoffs if it comes down to that!!!! we get in kick arse and go home champs sounds good!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

neisha26
11-19-2003, 10:32 PM
Okay i might bash KC or whatever but i must admit they have a nice football team but it's not mine so i can careless. them missing the play offs i don't see that and let's be real about it we might don't like them or whatever on this board but put yourself in their shoes if we were th only team a week ago that was undefeated they would be bashing us but be realistic about the situation they're going to the play offs if we like it or not. i'm not taking up for them I LOVE MY BRONCOS but they have a damn good team :o

Javalon
11-19-2003, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by ReasonableChief
If I were a betting man, I'd say the Chiefs have a better chance of running the table and the Broncos losing out than the opposite. But of course, I'm a Chiefs fan.

Yep. The Chiefs only tough game remaining on their schedule would appear to be the Broncos. The Vikes are imploding and have lost to two of the leagues worst teams in consecutive weeks. There's nothing to say they'll be back on track by the time the Chiefs play them.

Denver, on the other hand, has tough games against the Chiefs and at Indy and at Green Bay.

ReasonableChief
11-20-2003, 07:11 AM
Originally posted by broncofan303
National Fixed League

Takes a little gloss of any Super Bowl wins you might have had in the past if it was all fixed.

chi3fs
11-20-2003, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by Interpol
Broncos finish 12-4, Chiefs end season on 7 game losing streak and miss playoffs!

***NEWS FLASH***

Interpol overdoses on crack. Film at 11.

chiefsfan069
11-20-2003, 07:22 AM
lets be reasonable if anything the chiefs will win out and finish 15-1 and the broncos will go on a loosing streak after this sunday and finish 9-7 and either miss the playoffs or play tennessee in the first round and be put out but we gonna see how it all plays out

Zmabe
11-20-2003, 07:23 AM
i wish that really would happen.

elwaymvp
11-20-2003, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by ReasonableChief
Takes a little gloss of any Super Bowl wins you might have had in the past if it was all fixed.

No, you don't understand. When we win, it is legit, but when we don't win it is fixed. Everybody knows that if everything was totally legit, we would win every year, right? :D

Chris
11-20-2003, 08:14 AM
The NFL has to be the fairest league I'm aware of and I follow international sports as well

Some weeks you look absolutely unbeatable and other weeks you wonder if your team even belongs in the NFL.

You're talking about when we have Plummer versus when we don't.

Mount-n-Groan
11-20-2003, 09:08 AM
While I don't think this is likely it is nice to think about. Chiefs losing 4 in a row would be fine with me. Here's my point though...

The Broncos are one of the teams this year that's been hit pretty hard by injuries (NE being another). These have been some fairly significant losses to key positions, as we all know. It looks like we're pulling out of that funk and should be OK.

Injuries happen... and when they happen to key players the team suffers - unless the back-ups have something else in mind.

So, I'm wondering when / if the injury reaper will descend on to some of the other teams. Imagine the Colts without Manning, the Titans without McNair, the Chiefs without Priest. And that's just one key player down. Throw in Harrison, Edge, Freeney - George, Mason, Kearse - Green, Hall, Gonzalez - you get the picture.

"Luck" can change and a few key injuries might be all it takes to put the Broncos in a completely different situation once the playoffs roll around.

Now, don't get me wrong... I'm not wishing injuries on anybody; but it would be kind of nice to see how well some of these teams would do without their stars....:fight:

ReasonableChief
11-20-2003, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by Chris
The NFL has to be the fairest league I'm aware of and I follow international sports as well

You're talking about when we have Plummer versus when we don't.

I was speaking generically, not specifically to the Broncos or the Chiefs. Perhaps I should have said that some weeks a team looks unbeatable, and other times awful.

Chris
11-20-2003, 09:45 AM
such is parity

but generally the broncos have looked "beautiful" with a snake in the saddle

ReasonableChief
11-20-2003, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by Chris
such is parity

but generally the broncos have looked "beautiful" with a snake in the saddle

He definitely makes a difference, that's for sure. Other Denver fans have called him Jake "The $40 Million Mistake" Plummer, but I certainly don't think you can call him a mistake.