PDA

View Full Version : Texas Longhorns

Skywalker
07-08-2005, 01:45 AM
how well do you think my longhorns will do?

1) will Vince Young start the whole year?

2) who will replace Cedric Benson

3) who will replace Derrick Johnson?

4) Can Texas win the Big 12?

5) Can they win the National Championship?

CR18
07-08-2005, 11:57 AM
vince young will start the whole year, they might win the big 12, but no, they wont win the nat. championship.

aberdien
07-08-2005, 12:26 PM
how well do you think my longhorns will do?

1) will Vince Young start the whole year?

2) who will replace Cedric Benson

3) who will replace Derrick Johnson?

4) Can Texas win the Big 12?

5) Can they win the National Championship?

1) Yes
2) Don't Care Probably another running back
3) Don't Care Probably another linebacker
4) They can do anything they set their mind to
5) They can do anything they set their mind to

OrangeSmoke
07-08-2005, 02:28 PM
1. Yes
2. Selvin Young
3. Don't know
4. No but they will be in it.
5. No their Receivers are still question marks along with their D without their star player.

rcsodak
07-08-2005, 08:59 PM
1. Yes
2. Selvin Young
3. Don't know
4. No but they will be in it.
5. No their Receivers are still question marks along with their D without their star player.

Until he becomes more than a running back that can occasionally pass, they'll not win a championship.

They MAY win the Big 12 this year...but that's only because OU is rebuilding.
They still need to watch out for A&M...........

broncofan303
07-30-2005, 11:05 PM
That's some darn good players to be replacing..Benson and DJ.. but VINCE YOUNG..enough said, he's got the arm strength and ability of a RB, what more can you ask? Honestly, I think this is the year the Uterus, wait I mean Longhorns, beat the Sooners because of Vince Young alone...

Southstander
08-04-2005, 07:57 PM
Blah Blah Blah

BOOMER SOONER

Skywalker
08-04-2005, 09:05 PM
Blah Blah Blah

BOOMER SOONER

oh you did not just say that......

HOOK 'EM HORNS

rcsodak
08-04-2005, 11:38 PM
HOOK 'ER HORNS

What? Texas has hookers????? :cheers:

They'd best beat OU this year, while they have the chance....cuz next year, it'll be back to the same 'ol same 'ol...... :beer:

OU!

Skywalker
08-05-2005, 12:20 AM
What? Texas has hookers????? :cheers:

They'd best beat OU this year, while they have the chance....cuz next year, it'll be back to the same 'ol same 'ol...... :beer:

OU!

i didnt put HOOK 'ER I put HOOK 'EM

learn to type :coffee:

BVP
08-05-2005, 12:32 AM
Blah Blah Blah

Colorado St. Rams = National Champs.

Texas Longhorns = :coffee:

Skywalker
08-05-2005, 12:47 AM
Blah Blah Blah

Colorado St. Rams = I dont even know a player on their team :coffee:

Texas Longhorns = National Champs.

PsychoChicken
08-05-2005, 11:21 AM
1. Yes, unless there is an injury. Then Matt Nordgren would start and the Longhorns would be screwed.
2. Selvin Young, and he is nowhere close to being a Cedric Benson.
3. Eric Foreman or Robert Killebrew. The won't 'replace' Johnson, they're just taking his spot.
4. HAHAHA...no. There's this team called Oklahoma that Texas can never beat.
5. See above.

Southstander
08-05-2005, 02:13 PM

HOOK 'EM HORNS

Just incase I studderd the first time

BOOMER SOONER

RunByDesign
08-06-2005, 09:05 AM
Let me just go ahead and answer the easiest question.

5) no.

RunByDesign
08-06-2005, 09:06 AM
Big game > Texas Longhorns.

broncofan303
08-06-2005, 07:27 PM
Colorado St. Rams = I dont even know a player on their team :coffee:

Texas Longhorns = National Champs.

I dislike both teams but this is more realistic...

CSU can't even win the Mountain West conference and you're talking about National Champs? lol, we'll give you a reality check September 3rd...

Southstander
08-06-2005, 07:34 PM
B303, let me guess you are one of those people that don't think that CSU is a rival for CU. Because of how lop sided amount of time you have beaten them. Yet you hate NU with a passion, and they are a HUGE rival. Yet CSU has beaten CU more times then, CU has beaten NU. Why is NU a rival and CSU is not?

broncofan303
08-06-2005, 08:24 PM
B303, let me guess you are one of those people that don't think that CSU is a rival for CU. Because of how lop sided amount of time you have beaten them. Yet you hate NU with a passion, and they are a HUGE rival. Yet CSU has beaten CU more times then, CU has beaten NU. Why is NU a rival and CSU is not?

Actually I do think they're a rival...they are really one of those teams that every year, there is ONE game that they are spectactular for and for CSU its against Colorado...every year, it's very annoying..obviously CU has the superior talent but with this game, it doesn't matter..CSU will be making huge plays that they don't usually make at all..they're a pest :)

And honestly, I don't think NU is that big of a rival..it is a "rival" game but to be a rival game, you have to win some games, and CU hasn't done it too often..when you compare this game to other rivalries such as OU/Texas, Florida/FSU, Michigan/OSU..there is NO comparison...

rcsodak
08-06-2005, 09:00 PM
i didnt put HOOK 'ER I put HOOK 'EM
learn to type :coffee:
Huh!
All I did was click on the 'quote' button.......

...must've been a SUBLIMINAL FAUX PAS......... :confused:

BVP
08-06-2005, 09:02 PM
How are we way lest talented than you guys? I think that we are evenly matched, except we have a way better passing game than you guys, but you guys can kill us with your running game. Either way, I think that September 3rd is gonna be a great day with 2 great victories for me. :D

broncofan303
08-06-2005, 09:09 PM
How are we way lest talented than you guys? I think that we are evenly matched, except we have a way better passing game than you guys, but you guys can kill us with your running game. Either way, I think that September 3rd is gonna be a great day with 2 great victories for me. :D

How do I know? because CSU gets all the CU rejects...lol, just saying how it is..

We do play in the Big 12 (compared to Mountain West)..but like I said, in the Mile High Showdown, it doesn't matter..if they aren't as talented, they sure do a nice job of disguising it...

If you think you are as talented...let's try switching conferences.. CU would have a field day playing teams like Wyoming, Air Force, BYU, New Mexico, etc..the only team that would give them a fit is Utah.. CU could go 10-1..

CSU in the big 12? haha, just funny to think about...try playing Texas or OU every year along with 1 or 2 other South teams, Big 12 North (although kinda weak last year) still have guys that can compete.. CSU will be lucky to come out with a W...

And you guys seriously are taking me the wrong way..smack is smack, makes the game fun.. I still respect CSU but we are NOT evenly matched..

broncofan303
08-06-2005, 09:11 PM
I think that September 3rd is gonna be a great day with 2 great victories for me. :D

Two victories? what's the other one?

My other team is the Irish.. @Pitt baby!!

BVP
08-06-2005, 09:17 PM
My highschool freshman team. It's our 1st game.

broncofan303
08-06-2005, 09:19 PM
My highschool freshman team. It's our 1st game.

Ohh cool...good luck man, stay healthy and enjoy it..

I wish I could of played high school ball, had a pesty ACL injury that kept on haunting me..

BVP
08-06-2005, 09:20 PM
How do I know? because CSU gets all the CU rejects...lol, just saying how it is..

We do play in the Big 12 (compared to Mountain West)..but like I said, in the Mile High Showdown, it doesn't matter..if they aren't as talented, they sure do a nice job of disguising it...

If you think you are as talented...let's try switching conferences.. CU would have a field day playing teams like Wyoming, Air Force, BYU, New Mexico, etc..the only team that would give them a fit is Utah.. CU could go 10-1..

CSU in the big 12? haha, just funny to think about...try playing Texas or OU every year along with 1 or 2 other South teams, Big 12 North (although kinda weak last year) still have guys that can compete.. CSU will be lucky to come out with a W...

And you guys seriously are taking me the wrong way..smack is smack, makes the game fun.. I still respect CSU but we are NOT evenly matched..

The MWC is the most underatted conference in the NCAA. And just to let you know, CSU had a true freshman playing last year at QB, cause Holland broke his leg against San Diego St.

And if you say that CSU gets all of the rejects, that is why my bro's best friend turned down CU to go play for CSU.

BVP
08-06-2005, 09:21 PM
Ohh cool...good luck man, stay healthy and enjoy it..

I wish I could of played high school ball, had a pesty ACL injury that kept on haunting me..

Thanks! :beer:

But that sucks about you. Football is the greatest thing ever.

broncofan303
08-06-2005, 09:29 PM
The MWC is the most underatted conference in the NCAA. And just to let you know, CSU had a true freshman playing last year at QB, cause Holland broke his leg against San Diego St.

And if you say that CSU gets all of the rejects, that is why my bro's best friend turned down CU to go play for CSU.

Underrated? Besides Utah they are very weak... they don't fair to well in non-conference games too well against other Big conferences..but what I can say about the MWC is that they play some tough teams...USC, Big 12 teams...

And your bro's friend isn't the first...but rivalries aside, if you were coming out of high school would you go play in the MWC or the Big 12?

BVP
08-06-2005, 09:33 PM
I would want to play in the Big 12 just cause it is a bigger conference. But, between CU and CSU, I would wanna play for CSU.

broncofan303
08-06-2005, 09:34 PM
I would want to play in the Big 12 just cause it is a bigger conference. But, between CU and CSU, I would wanna play for CSU.

Okay..both our points proven..LOL

BVP
08-06-2005, 09:37 PM
Did you know that Klatt went to my highschool?

broncofan303
08-06-2005, 09:43 PM

Really? Which one is it? I know he went to play baseball for awhile..and then walked-on here..

BVP
08-06-2005, 09:50 PM
Pomona High School. He got drafted by the Padres. Our school has a really good baseball program.

West
08-06-2005, 10:17 PM
Blah Blah Blah

Thats the most homeristic post I HAVE EVER SEEN! You can't tell me your Rams are gunna go to the NC. I am a homer CU fan and I don't even think that about them. Your crazy.

West
08-06-2005, 10:19 PM
Not saying much for your HS. Joel Klatt is garbage.

Mo Greer and Lawerence Vickers will carry CU! :beer:

West
08-06-2005, 10:20 PM
With Adrian "Oh look my all american OL is gone now, maybe I can prove im worth a damn without them" Peterson?

BVP
08-06-2005, 10:49 PM

If Greer can even get out of Junoir College first. :laugh: He kinda needs to get his grades up.

broncofan303
08-07-2005, 09:38 AM

Yeah Klatt seriously has his moments..the first game he was with us I really thought he was going to be spectacular...but never worked out, he's been over reading his passes..

Greer will be sick if he can get his grades straight, I heard he was going to JUCO to get his grades up...and Vickers is sick! him and Hugh Charles will lead our rushing attack, speed/power combo..WOW I'm pumped..

West
08-07-2005, 11:48 AM
Yeah Klatt seriously has his moments..the first game he was with us I really thought he was going to be spectacular...but never worked out, he's been over reading his passes..

Greer will be sick if he can get his grades straight, I heard he was going to JUCO to get his grades up...and Vickers is sick! him and Hugh Charles will lead our rushing attack, speed/power combo..WOW I'm pumped..
Yea man, our D should be awesome too with Brian Iwoh, Thaddeus Washington and JJ Billingsley! :beer:

RunByDesign
08-07-2005, 11:50 AM
Blah Blah Blah

Utah did everything right last year and then some.

It would take at least a two year undefeated run for a Mountain West team to get a legimite shot at #1.

broncofan303
08-07-2005, 08:46 PM
Utah did everything right last year and then some.

It would take at least a two year undefeated run for a Mountain West team to get a legimite shot at #1.

Yep and Utah isn't going to be the first..losing their top coach Urban Myer and Alex Smith..they can't replace those two..please prove me wrong when they play csu ;)...hehe

West
08-08-2005, 05:09 AM
Yep and Utah isn't going to be the first..losing their top coach Urban Myer and Alex Smith..they can't replace those two..please prove me wrong when they play csu ;)...hehe
Don't forget about Paris Warren.

broncofan303
08-08-2005, 07:00 AM
Don't forget about Paris Warren.

Yep another tough one to replace.. I still think they are capable of winning 9-10 games, they are playing in the mountain west and the only rough non-conference gae is Arizona and North Carolina (not saying much)..

BVP
08-08-2005, 02:46 PM
Jeez guys, the MWC may not be great, but it is better than some of the other bigger confrences, like the Big East. Also, the MWC just got stronger with the addition of TCU to the conference. And, just to let you know, Utah beat Pitt, a Big East team, and Whyoming beat UCLA, a Pac-10 team.

RunByDesign
08-08-2005, 06:28 PM
Jeez guys, the MWC may not be great, but it is better than some of the other bigger confrences, like the Big East. Also, the MWC just got stronger with the addition of TCU to the conference. And, just to let you know, Utah beat Pitt, a Big East team, and Whyoming beat UCLA, a Pac-10 team.

Hey, you don't have to convince me. All I am saying is the MWC gets no respect.

Last year, the best team in the nation, IMO, was...(get this)....UTAH.

aberdien
08-08-2005, 06:33 PM
Utah= :cheeky:

Best team in the nation IMO was Iowa. :rockon:

RunByDesign
08-08-2005, 06:49 PM
Utah= :cheeky:

Best team in the nation IMO was Iowa. :rockon:

lmao

Phew. Back to reality.

aberdien
08-08-2005, 06:51 PM
I don't have problems. . .

Skywalker
08-08-2005, 10:11 PM
Huh!
All I did was click on the 'quote' button.......

...must've been a SUBLIMINAL FAUX PAS......... :confused:

no you pushed the 'quote' button then changed the 'EM to 'ER

:goofy:

BVP
08-08-2005, 10:33 PM
Iowa is good and all, but I think that USC is the best team in the nation.

mrsolo
08-15-2005, 08:26 PM
With Adrian "Oh look my all american OL is gone now, maybe I can prove im worth a damn without them" Peterson?

You've got to be kidding me! Yes he had a good o-line last year. He has NOTHING to prove as a running back. He has a long way to go as a receiving back, but that's it. If you can't see how good he is, either you didn't watch him play, or you know absolutely nothing about football. I would guess the that you didn't watch him play, because being a big bronco fan, you've got to know something about running backs.

Shoot, he could come to Denver THIS YEAR, and by end of camp he would be the starter.

rcsodak
08-15-2005, 08:38 PM
Westy, you admire him and you know it. I've seen you sing his praises before.
And to your little statement: guess the same can be said about almost ANY rb, now can't it. :coffee: