PDA

View Full Version : To: Horseface and ReasonableChief

noregap
11-18-2003, 05:46 PM
I addressed this to the two of you because I respect most of your posts on this board. You are great supports of your Chiefs, you come with intelligent, factual, and good posts.
I just wanted to say that as I watched the game last Sunday it was reaffirmed as to WHY the Broncos got rid of Greg Robinson.
I really believe, and I know this is debatable, that it was the D of Mr. Robinson that lost the game for you. He is not a horrible d-cord. but he reminds me a lot of MartyBall...in tight, close, and often winnable games, he chokes and the pl;ayers know it. I realize that it is the players who have to make the plays on the field.....but what I saw Sunday was a replay of so many games we Bronco fans endured under his d-schemes.
Now....I pray that we can stay healthy and meet up with you all again....AFTER WE BEAT YOU ON DECEMBER 7TH......that is I hope we get to see you in the playoffs....and I think we will barring any more injuries to the "key" people.
GO BRONCOS!!!!!!!

invisogothworld
11-18-2003, 06:02 PM
I think Greg Robinson is awesome. He may coach for the Chefs but he did help us for 6 seasons and helped us win 2 superbowls. I think the Chiefs are missing some key players at defensive line and LB. You cant blame the defensive coordinator for that. Usually the head coach and general manager make personel decisions. He has to do the best with what he has. I don't like the fact he is a coach for the Chefs though.

Javalon
11-18-2003, 08:51 PM
Greg Robinson's defenses drove me nuts when he coached for the Broncos. I was very glad to see him go and even happier to see him go to a rival team. His defenses seem to play great when the team has a decent lead but struggle when the game is tight. (Not always, just in general) They relied too much on creating turnovers and not enough on actually shutting down the opponent. Turnovers are great when you get them but can't be relied on to stop the offense when you need it most.

Greg seemed like a good guy but I really didn't like his defensive philosophy.

TXBRONC
11-18-2003, 10:41 PM
Greg Robinson is an ok defensive coordinator I would say he is one of the best in the league if was he would had some offers to be a head coach. Greg likes to play soft coverage hope the other team makes a mistake then take advantage of it. If I remember correctly, in Superbowl runs of '97 and '98 Denver had a difficult time stopping the run especially up the middle. To tell you the truth I think Coyer is much better coordinator and I'm glad he's with the Broncos.

Javalon
11-18-2003, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by TXBRONC
To tell you the truth I think Coyer is much better coordinator and I'm glad he's with the Broncos.

I'd agree with you except for the Patriots game.

Why couldn't he throw in a blitz or two? Brady very rarely had pressure on him that game and yet Coyer didn't go with more than a 4-man rush that I can remember. It was frustrating.

Return of Lava
11-19-2003, 12:21 AM
Why was the field so open the whole game for our defense, seemed like brady could just lob a pass up the middle for a wide open guy every time.

TXBRONC
11-19-2003, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by Javalon
I'd agree with you except for the Patriots game.

Why couldn't he throw in a blitz or two? Brady very rarely had pressure on him that game and yet Coyer didn't go with more than a 4-man rush that I can remember. It was frustrating.

Maybe because the two fast linebackers on the team on IR and maybe he thought that would be to much of risk. I don't remember if Denver blitzed or not, but what I do know is O'Neal had a spectacular return and then turned right around and got burned on the next series of plays.

broncos4ever
11-19-2003, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by TXBRONC
Maybe because the two fast linebackers on the team on IR and maybe he thought that would be to much of risk. I don't remember if Denver blitzed or not, but what I do know is O'Neal had a spectacular return and then turned right around and got burned on the next series of plays.

That's the reason why Deltha is now a WR, so he can't hurt us on defense. Hopefully he can help us on offense.

Return of Lava
11-20-2003, 04:24 PM
I dont know, i though herndon and walls each got burned to a much higher degree that Oneal did.

pikman
11-20-2003, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by Return of Lava
I dont know, i though herndon and walls each got burned to a much higher degree that Oneal did.

Deltha's speed makes up for his technical weaknesses at the position. That's why dieon sanders always looked better than he really was, his speed made up for his technical shortcomings.

TXBRONC
11-20-2003, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by broncos4ever
That's the reason why Deltha is now a WR, so he can't hurt us on defense. Hopefully he can help us on offense.

Shanahan on the Broncos Home Page said Deltha has the best hands on the team, debatable, however he does have good hands and good speed. I don't think he can learn enough to be effective for this season, I hope I'm wrong.

Return of Lava
11-20-2003, 05:15 PM
I think shanahan is just doing this so deltha can get a better perspective on how the WR is played, thus making it easier for him to cover one. Show him all the fundamentals of WR and he will use that to know the signs and be a better CB thats whats going to happen watch.

Javalon
11-20-2003, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by Return of Lava
I think shanahan is just doing this so deltha can get a better perspective on how the WR is played, thus making it easier for him to cover one. Show him all the fundamentals of WR and he will use that to know the signs and be a better CB thats whats going to happen watch.

I think Shanny is doing this because he has finally admitted that O'neal is a bust at cornerback. Why waste your #1 draft pick who is still under contract for another season if you think he has a chance to contribute in another capacity?

You only burn yourself so many times before you stop putting your hand in the fire.

TXBRONC
11-20-2003, 09:00 PM
Very good point Javalon.

Return of Lava
11-20-2003, 09:02 PM
Just watch, i bet he switches back and becomes a way better CB.

Return of Lava
11-20-2003, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by horseface
for what team...he won't be bronco next year. I'll tell you this, if he leaves, he will become a probowl CB with any team.

TXBRONC
11-20-2003, 09:13 PM
I would not want to take any bets on that right now. In fact, he might end up getting cut unless he can show that he can cut it as a wide receiver.