PDA

View Full Version : dante hall

broncofan76
11-18-2003, 10:56 PM
the guy's got tallent, i realize that. but there is something that seriously bugs me about the guy. why does he always whine when he doesn't return a punt or a kickoff for a touchdown? i mean, does he expect to return EVERYONE for a touchdown? okay, here's how it goes. the kicker or punter kicks it. dante catches the ball. he runs upfield 4 or 5 yards. runs to the left. runs to the right. runs backwards. finally tackeled. on the ground, he slams the ball to the ground. he then gets up, looks around, then shakes his head. he then proceeds to chew out all of his blockers(presumably for not providing their infamous clips and blocks to the back) and walk off of the field continuing to shake his head. eventually, the camera will show him on the bench with his head in his hands. he does this everytime. its annoying. anybody else notice?

Mer
11-18-2003, 11:00 PM
Hes frustrated that he gets few opportunities now a days.

Whether a Chief player or not, I appreciate the players that put their heart out there.

There are times he tries to go for the touchdown when he shouldn't. But hell if I want him to stop trying.

Javalon
11-18-2003, 11:04 PM
I don't see anything wrong with thinking you can score on every return. He probably shouldn't mope quite so much but it's not that terrible.

I am amazed, however, at how many posts there are on this board about the Chiefs. I think you Chiefs fans have really had an effect on the Broncos' forum.

broncofan76
11-18-2003, 11:08 PM
he should take a few notes from rod smith. he pretty much ran straight up the field. he barely even got winded.

RunByDesign
11-18-2003, 11:12 PM
Like I said before....midgetous shutdownious for the seasonous. Once the "league" figures out that you are good, game plans are installed to stop you. It is then that the true greatness of a player is determined. Priest...shut down. Hall....shut down. Portis....still ringing up 100 yard games despite being the focus of the defense each and every game.

Mer
11-18-2003, 11:28 PM
Oh come now. Portis had 112 total yards. Holmes had like 98. Thats hardly something to scoff at.

RunByDesign
11-18-2003, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by Mer
Oh come now. Portis had 112 total yards. Holmes had like 98. Thats hardly something to scoff at.

What game are you talking about?

Mer
11-18-2003, 11:45 PM
I'm talking about their respective stats from Sunday.

RunByDesign
11-18-2003, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by Mer
I'm talking about their respective stats from Sunday.

Oh. I know the comment about the Priest was a stretch. They were mainly to do with Hall. I voted and believed that Hall would have 0 returns for TD's after the Denver debacle...especially now that the ref's are actually LOOKING for clipping penalties.

Mer
11-18-2003, 11:58 PM
I'm not implying that you're saying this. Just for the record. :)

But it's not his fault if the refs didn't call a penalty.. You know? I wish people would stop hating him. He's goofy. Funny. Fun to watch.

And I think he'll have another return. Maybe not against a high quality opponant. But... I dunno. We have Chargers, Lions, Bears coming up...

He'll get one more at least.

Return of Lava
11-19-2003, 12:05 AM
Dante Hall has the fastest feet i seen but im sorry to say he wont be returning one in denver.....actually, im not sorry, but we will contain him like we did in KC.

Javalon
11-19-2003, 03:09 AM
Originally posted by Mer
I'm not implying that you're saying this. Just for the record. :)

But it's not his fault if the refs didn't call a penalty.. You know? I wish people would stop hating him. He's goofy. Funny. Fun to watch.

And I think he'll have another return. Maybe not against a high quality opponant. But... I dunno. We have Chargers, Lions, Bears coming up...

You know, until the Broncos-Chiefs rematch is over I'm not going to think he's that fun to watch. Perhaps I'll reconsider after that game if he doesn't score on us. ;)

As far as it not being Dante's fault that the refs were starstruck during his TD return against us, you're entirely right. I, for one, will try to redirect my animosity (actually not much left) entirely toward the refs.

I just wish Hall would be man enough to call up league officials and admit that his TD should have actually been a penalty giving the Chiefs the ball on their own 2 yardline and that they should change the outcome of the game to properly reflect their mistake. I will really gain some respect for the man once I look at the standings and see Chiefs 8-2, Broncos 7-3. Talk about changing the remaining season; whew! (And just for the record, I'm entirely joking about this possibility. :goofy: )

ChiefsMang
11-19-2003, 08:08 AM
Dante is frustrated, but for the record, he never yells at any of his blockers. 2 weeks ago against the Browns Stills missed his block and Dante went up to him and said there'd be next time. All Dante's blockers are his friends, that's the kind of team we have.

BillyBoy
11-19-2003, 11:32 AM
Yea I dont know if he's so much yelling at his blockers more than he is yelling at himself.... he want it bad, ya gotta respect that. The carreer of a kick-off returner usually isn't that long.

elwaymvp
11-19-2003, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by Mer

You've already played some bad teams *cough* BROWNS *cough* that he didn't get a return against, so the caliber of the opponent really doesn't mean much.

Hoss
11-19-2003, 12:46 PM
i'm sure it's been tried or being tried but i wonder why teams don't just sky the punts real high to let the defenders get back there. that way he has to fair catch or just hit him real hard! he's pretty small, i don't think he could take too many hard hits. i don't mean to injure him but that would make him fair catch right?

ReasonableChief
11-19-2003, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by Hoss
i'm sure it's been tried or being tried but i wonder why teams don't just sky the punts real high to let the defenders get back there. that way he has to fair catch or just hit him real hard! he's pretty small, i don't think he could take too many hard hits. i don't mean to injure him but that would make him fair catch right?

You're absolutely right about forcing the fair catch. It's a good plan, but you've got to have a punter who can consistently do it. It seems like when punters or kickers try to do something out of the norm, they always botch a couple of them (kickoffs going out of bounds, shanked punts, 20-yard punts and, of course, the dreaded line drive punt.

Dante had a phenomenal 4-game streak that's highly unlikely to be repeated. It seems like he should get another one this season -- he's been close a couple of times, but so many things have to go right to return a kick all the way. Dante's also had a couple returns where I didn't think the coverage was that bad, but he made a couple moves and got away (obviously, the coverage wasn't that good based on the end result).

Cincy tried punting right to him and he nearly busted a couple, so I don't think that's the answer. Even the one against Denver, he'd been coached to just let it bounce into the end zone and didn't listen. Go figure.

But on the bright side, I'm glad it's not our problem.

Hoss
11-19-2003, 01:22 PM
reasonablechief,

your right it is hard to be consistant when trying to force the fair catch. punters should be able to do this, that's their job, you would think the could handle it. it may be a different story in denver with the thin air, we should be able to boot them deep into the end zone. hopefully that stops him, and that little x thing he does.

broncofan76
11-19-2003, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by horseface
that is moronic...Rod Smith returned 1 punt for a TD and now Dante should take notes. Half of Dante's returns are straight up the gut...if that's not there...he tries to make something out of nothing. And as for the joker that started this thread...Dante never *****es at his blockers. If he doesn't return one...he only shows frustration in himself.

go back to the cheese board. every game i watch, dante is yelling at someone when he doesnt return one. it may not be every time, but he does it every game.

pikman
11-19-2003, 01:38 PM
Sure is a lot of talk about Dante Hall on the DENVER BRONCO message board. Is there that little to talk about Bronco football?

How about the return of Jake?
Rod Smith performing superbly on special teams?
What's going to happen with Deltha?
How bad did not having Anderson hurt on Sunday?
When is Fast Eddie back?
Is Ashley Lelie finally ready to start playing up to his potential full time?
Is Invesco not the most awesome home track in history? (next to the original Mile High)
How long until Chiefkilla03 gets booted again?

Just a few suggestions

Return of Lava
11-19-2003, 03:38 PM
just kick it to the corner and contain him. hopefully, it goes out of bounds but if not, he wont have any room.

NYCHIEFSFAN
11-19-2003, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by Javalon
I am amazed, however, at how many posts there are on this board about the Chiefs. I think you Chiefs fans have really had an effect on the Broncos' forum.

I thought this was the chiefsmania message board??

ReasonableChief
11-19-2003, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by NYCHIEFSFAN
I thought this was the chiefsmania message board??

Nah ... we're the Dante Halls of the Message Boards. They're afraid of us, but can't resist.

mattos
11-19-2003, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by broncofan76
he should take a few notes from rod smith. he pretty much ran straight up the field. he barely even got winded.

thats what i'm talkin about.

returns for tds:*
- "lightning rod the kick returning machine smith": 1
- midget: 0

*since last week

mattos
11-19-2003, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by ReasonableChief
Nah ... we're the Dante Halls of the Message Boards. They're afraid of us, but can't resist.

more like the keyshawn johnsons of the board. bringing everybody down and about to get the boot.

hammer51770
11-19-2003, 07:29 PM
One of the biggest reasons he returned the kick against the Broncos in the first game was that he was coached not to try to return that kick and did anyway. Seems like the Broncos didn't expect him to return it and were caught by surprise when he did. I may be wrong, but I think it did affect the return.

RunByDesign
11-19-2003, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by horseface
that is moronic...Rod Smith returned 1 punt for a TD and now Dante should take notes. Half of Dante's returns are straight up the gut...if that's not there...he tries to make something out of nothing. And as for the joker that started this thread...Dante never *****es at his blockers. If he doesn't return one...he only shows frustration in himself.

Rod Smith....MULTI Threat.
Dante Hall...Home run hitter, that is currently being shut out.
Enough said.