PDA

View Full Version : Broncos wanting to trade their lowest 1 rd pick for:

jimdez7784
07-20-2005, 02:08 PM
Javon Walker. Denver Broncos and the Green Bay Packers are in talking trade. Denver's lowest first round pick and their 6th rd pick, for Javon Walker. My source is about 50% right. I would say it won't happen, but he is pretty sure of it. Sorry no link, just word of mouth. This would be pretty cool, but what do you all think of Javon Walker.

RunByDesign
07-20-2005, 02:09 PM
I'd say...Rumor Mill.

defense!!!
Javon Walker. Denver Broncos and the Green Bay Packers are in talking trade. Denver's lowest first round pick and their 6th rd pick, for Javon Walker. My source is about 50% right. I would say it won't happen, but he is pretty sure of it. Sorry no link, just word of mouth. This would be pretty cool, but what do you all think of Javon Walker.

What's wrong with the front office!!! How many trades do they want?!?!?!

topscribe
Ditto . . . . Rumor Mill.

-----

RunByDesign
That'd be cool with me though.

ebsoria
07-20-2005, 02:10 PM
I think it would be nice since Rod is almosr done. That way is Watts does not turn into what we hope, or Lelie for THAT matter, we would have a decent reciever to step in. Would make it crowded then though.

Sam_Z
07-20-2005, 02:14 PM
Rumor Mill!!!! That would be ludicrous at this point in year. Its way too late for him to learn the play book, not to mention what it'll do to the confidence level of the guys we do have like Lelie, Watts and Johnson!

ebsoria
07-20-2005, 02:15 PM
Rumor Mill!!!! That would be ludicrous at this point. Not to mention that it'll do wonders for the confidence level of guys like Lelie, Watts and Johnson!

That is a good point about confidence.

jimdez7784
07-20-2005, 02:16 PM
Yeah, I hope it is true. I think it's just to good to be true though. But my buddy said, that Drew Rosenbaugh has a great relationship with the Broncos and he plans on making deals with both Javon Walker in Denver and Lenny Walls. Also Drew was a big part of the Champ Bailey trade. I don't know though.

jimdez7784
07-20-2005, 02:17 PM
Rumor Mill!!!! That would be ludicrous at this point in year. Its way too late for him to learn the play book, not to mention what it'll do to the confidence level of the guys we do have like Lelie, Watts and Johnson!
Denver and Green Bay run near the same offense, but of course their are some changes in wording.

jimdez7784
07-20-2005, 02:18 PM
You think Mike Shanahan cares about confidence, I don't. I mean he is trying to win Super Bowls, not running around wondering if he is hurting people's feelings or confidence.

defense!!!
07-20-2005, 02:18 PM
Somebody please get John Clayton in here!!!

Canadian_Fan
07-20-2005, 02:30 PM
You guys are killing me.................no wonder i dont sleep at night :confused:

ebsoria
07-20-2005, 02:32 PM
You think Mike Shanahan cares about confidence, I don't. I mean he is trying to win Super Bowls, not running around wondering if he is hurting people's feelings or confidence.

ANOTHER good point. It is all about the ring.

BroncosB2B
07-20-2005, 02:33 PM
First off, we don't have the cap room. 2nd, we don't need another WR.

ReleaseTheBeast7
07-20-2005, 02:34 PM
Ain't happenin'.

RoorRipper
07-20-2005, 02:34 PM
I give this two huge thumbs up. I don't think we can afford him, but he is a great WR so lets hope he gets here.

Sam_Z
07-20-2005, 02:35 PM
Yeah but bud, a players confidence counts alot when it comes to winning games.
I know this is a bad excuse but look at how good Brian Griese was when he had Eddy Mac, then Eddy goes down due to Brian's bone head play, brian starts playing like crap for the next two years!
Dont get me wrong, Id love to have Walker here, but not at the exspense of Watts or Lelies confidence.

Sam_Z
07-20-2005, 02:43 PM
I give this two huge thumbs up. I don't think we can afford him, but he is a great WR so lets hope he gets here.
I think its more less about winning right now today and then let him walk tommorrow if he commands a high salary. Thats why I think it'll come as a blow to our current of crop WRs.

RunnersParadise
07-20-2005, 02:57 PM
would that mean Ashley would be a 3?

ReleaseTheBeast7
07-20-2005, 03:00 PM
Actually, I just read an article that said that Walker isn't going to end his holdout until he gets the new deal.

Also, earlier in the week, Favre said he would rather have him traded than keep him complaining. And after all, this is Favres team, we'll see I guess.

sbutk
07-20-2005, 03:03 PM

I don't like it. He's a good player, but he's not worth that much. 'Specially with the deep WR corps we already have.

:huh:

horsepower84
07-20-2005, 03:03 PM
Its way too late for him to learn the play book

You've got to be joking me!!

Don't you remember when Keenan McCardell went to the Chargers in the middle of the season last year???

Not knowing our playbook would have NO FACTOR in a trade like this.

That said, this trade WILL NOT HAPPEN.

Bronx84
07-20-2005, 03:04 PM
I think it would be nice since Rod is almosr done. That way is Watts does not turn into what we hope, or Lelie for THAT matter, we would have a decent reciever to step in. Would make it crowded then though.
Well he would be nice but it would mean either Rice or Watts moved down on the chart and Luke or the other Receiver cut. But I wouldn't mnd it.

ReleaseTheBeast7
07-20-2005, 03:05 PM
Well he would be nice but it would mean either Rice or Watts moved down on the chart and Luke or the other Receiver cut. But I wouldn't mnd it.

Who cares about Luke or another receiver?

If we go Javon Walker, all I would care about is him, Rod, Ash, and Darius.

Superchop7
07-20-2005, 04:00 PM
Normally, I would say Rumor Mill but this one makes alot of sense.................
It would be an outstanding move for both clubs providing Walker is realistic about a contract, with this move you shore up the receiver corp for the next 7-10 years.
In Green Bay, they would be pleased to get a number one pick, plus, they don't have to give-in to his demands. ( which is paramount )
And BTW, it would not be difficult to fit him in the cap and yes, we can afford him.
Love to hear the critics if this went down. (Eat Crow)

Bronx84
07-20-2005, 04:03 PM
Who cares about Luke or another receiver?

If we go Javon Walker, all I would care about is him, Rod, Ash, and Darius.
Yeah I guess so, but keeping a younger receiver would be good for insurance.

West
07-20-2005, 04:13 PM
Yeah I guess so, but keeping a younger receiver would be good for insurance.
Javon Walker is a young receiver. This will be his 3rd season. Luke's 2nd. :coffee:

West
07-20-2005, 04:18 PM
The Packers will also throw in Brett Favre.
Plus Ahman Green. I'M SO EXCITED! :laugh:

Come on guys we don't have the cap plus shanny doesn't like working with the Postons or Rosenhaus even though we have Ian. Plus I personally don't think Shanny wants to give up that 2nd 1st round pick. We have a lot of options with those 2 1st round picks. There is a lot of talent in next years 1st round and Shanny's know that.

Not happening.

Superchop7
07-20-2005, 04:21 PM

Come on guys we don't have the cap plus shanny doesn't like working with the Postons or Rosenhaus even though we have Ian. Plus I personally don't think Shanny wants to give up that 2nd 1st round pick. We have a lot of options with those 2 1st round picks. There is a lot of talent in next years 1st round and Shanny's know that.

Not happening.
__________________________________________________ ______________________________________

Shanny would give up a number one in a heartbeat for Walker.

West
07-20-2005, 04:28 PM
__________________________________________________ ______________________________________

Shanny would give up a number one in a heartbeat for Walker.
Maybe but I don't think he'll do that considering the loads of potential in this upcoming draft.

JRWIZ
07-20-2005, 04:28 PM

Not happening.

Gold did his own deal with Mikey NO AGENT. After the year before he fired drew It think it was and DIY. Saved a bunch of money that way.

JRWIZ
07-20-2005, 04:30 PM
When can you get a superstar WR for a 15-20 pick in the draft? Almost never!

As Ravage always says the draft is always a GUESS.

At least when Mikey DAFTS it is.

broncosfan247
07-20-2005, 04:34 PM
funny how everyone thinks we have such a great wide receiving core. actually I think we have one of the worst and least experienced receiver core.

1. Rod Smith will always be the greatest, but age has to be a big factor from here on out.
2. Ashley Lelie, our next #1 guy. But can anyone point out where he has proven to be a #1 guy? I think he'd never make it past the slot spot on almost half the teams in the NFL.
3. Darius Watts, second season, but didn't prove anything last season and still wet behind the ears
4. Luke? Adams? these guys will be nothing better than a #4 wide receiver or have a job somewhere on special teams.
5. Jerry Rice? don't even make me go there.

we are going to need help at our receiver core sooner than alot of you think. and after Rod retires, which I also think is going to be sooner rather than later we are going to have maybe the least experienced receiver core in the league. Even though I think Javon Walker might be to rich for us, I do think the team needs to look around for replacements instead all I see is everyone talking about how our rookies need more playing time, blah, blah, blah. This isn't college football, where everyone on the roster gets to be in for a play. THIS IS THE FRICKEN NFL. You do whatever you can do to win.

I can almost guarantee that if the Redskins finish as bad as I hope they do, we are going to be taking one of the top wide receivers in next years draft. That is unless Plummer stinks it up and Mikey finally realizes it's time to cut ties with Jake.

West
07-20-2005, 04:47 PM
When can you get a superstar WR for a 15-20 pick in the draft? Almost never!

As Ravage always says the draft is always a GUESS.

At least when Mikey DAFTS it is.
I said potential.

West
07-20-2005, 04:48 PM
Gold did his own deal with Mikey NO AGENT. After the year before he fired drew It think it was and DIY. Saved a bunch of money that way.
Didn't know that. Thanks for correcting me. I just remember him whining about a better deal the year he got injured and then he went to TB.

theshiverman
07-20-2005, 06:35 PM
The rumor mill gives me the squirts :eek:

OrangeShadow
07-20-2005, 07:24 PM
Now you know why i suggested the rumor mill to be canned

Bronx84
07-20-2005, 07:40 PM
Javon Walker is a young receiver. This will be his 3rd season. Luke's 2nd. :coffee:
Yeah I've doing some research on him and he would be a great number two or one guy in a couple of years or even this year. But I really don't thinnk this will happen.

West
07-20-2005, 07:44 PM
Yeah I've doing some research on him and he would be a great number two or one guy in a couple of years or even this year. But I really don't thinnk this will happen.
If he keeps performing like he did last year, he's better than Lelie. :coffee:

PsychoChicken
07-20-2005, 08:09 PM
So where's the semi-reliable source for this rumor?

Sam_Z
07-20-2005, 08:27 PM
You've got to be joking me!!

Don't you remember when Keenan McCardell went to the Chargers in the middle of the season last year???

Not knowing our playbook would have NO FACTOR in a trade like this.

That said, this trade WILL NOT HAPPEN.
:laugh: C-mon mann, this aintSan Diegos lil system here, its the Denver Broncos!

rcsodak
07-20-2005, 08:38 PM

Come on guys we don't have the cap plus shanny doesn't like working with the Postons or Rosenhaus even though we have Ian.

I don't know why you threw Ian's name in there, westy....

...seeings how he went the way of Brushci, got rid of his agents, and signed the contract on his own..... :coffee:

West
07-20-2005, 08:40 PM
I don't know why you threw Ian's name in there, westy....

...seeings how he went the way of Brushci, got rid of his agents, and signed the contract on his own..... :coffee:
I feel stupid saying, but I remember him having a Poston when he was whining for a big contract a year ago.

Bronx84
07-20-2005, 08:42 PM
If he keeps performing like he did last year, he's better than Lelie. :coffee:Yeah thats true.

JoRo
07-20-2005, 09:03 PM
That'd be cool with me though.

you would want him, after Rosenhaus?

Superchop7
07-20-2005, 09:56 PM
__________________________________________________ _________________________________________________

LMAO............... :duh:

JRWIZ
07-20-2005, 11:00 PM
walker has been better then asshley from day one

defense!!!
07-21-2005, 10:06 AM
Rosenhaus hasn't even received permission to seek a trade for Walker. :duh:

PsychoChicken
07-21-2005, 01:08 PM
This trade would be a complete steal for the Packers. They get a first round pick for a player that isn't even going to play for them? Yeah, right. The Broncos are the ones in a position to negotiate. I say we send a mid-round pick and an overpaid veteran or two to the Packers for Walker. That will give us some cap room to give Walker a better deal.