PDA

View Full Version : I hope your happy

TheEdge634
11-19-2003, 08:55 PM
in the broncos-chargers game i saw the (edited) block i've seen in a long time. when portis ducked safety kwamie lassiter to cut block him, even though they were the same size.

i must admit that i liked portis before this and i still do, but my respect for him has greatly diminished. do to this block lassiter tore his mcl and will be out the rest of the season.

can't wait to face you guys next year when we got roy williams at reciever and tear deltha apart.

Elway
11-19-2003, 09:04 PM
How will he be able to do that when Deltha is a Broncos receiver??? :duh:

Javalon
11-19-2003, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by TheEdge634
in the broncos-chargers game i saw the (edited) block i've seen in a long time. when portis ducked safety kwamie lassiter to cut block him, even though they were the same size.

i must admit that i liked portis before this and i still do, but my respect for him has greatly diminished. do to this block lassiter tore his mcl and will be out the rest of the season.

can't wait to face you guys next year when we got roy williams at reciever and tear deltha apart.

First of all, I don't remember a bad block by Portis. Doesn't mean it didn't happen but I can't argue that point. But I definitely don't think Portis is a dirty player.

As to your second point, that's a little silly looking to next year since the Chargers will probably still not be a very good team. You have a big lack of talent outside of LT. Boston was one of the worst free agent pickups in a long time. What a huge waste of money. By the way, Deltha probably won't be here next year so don't count on having him for the Chargers to pick on.

Orange&Blue
11-19-2003, 09:10 PM
Why would we be happy about it? You really think we're all that bad huh?

Orange&Blue
11-19-2003, 09:13 PM
Wait a minute, isn't he the one that injured Portis' sternum?

Oh I see.

No, I'm still not happy. Hope he has a speedy recovery.

TheEdge634
11-19-2003, 09:26 PM
boston has moss like talent we just got to find him some motivation.

TXBRONC
11-19-2003, 09:32 PM

What Boston needs is a doctor to get him off the steriods.

neisha26
11-19-2003, 10:07 PM
Alright i don't remember that block i must have gotten up or something but that's not the point here. 1st of all football is a tuff sport and only the fittest comes to play and 2nd of all due to a block that he made to hurt someone that wasn't what he planned on and you can have a different out look on him but that's the game of football. that comes with the sport everyone knows that everytime you get out there to play their is 55%chance that you will get hurt but that's the way the game go so just deal w/ it.:mad: and another thing you don't have to like C.P

TheEdge634
11-19-2003, 10:07 PM
that too, but it least he seems to be off the cocaine.

TXBRONC
11-20-2003, 04:50 PM

Its was legal block, I don't want anyone to get hurt but sometimes it happens. You need to get over it.

NameUsedBefore
11-20-2003, 05:06 PM
I see halfbacks do it all the time and I think its the second time I've seen Portis do it (one during the Raider game I think...). Portis usually blocks while standing but I think that guy came in so fast Portis had no choice; what'd you expect him to do just get run over? Its called playing the game, things happen.

TXBRONC
11-20-2003, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by horseface
it was a legal block...no question...but Portis obviously went for Lassiter's knees. It was dirty regardless of whether or not it should have been penalized. If the tables were reversed...I'm sure you'd see it differently. Sapp's hit last year against the GB player was very dirty, but legal...wouldn't you agree.

No I don't agree. Tony Dorsett blocked like that all the time and he was not considered a dirty player. Besides under most circumstances all backs will block like that even Priest Holmes especially on linemen and linebackers. I know Lassiter is a db but still its not dirty football. Whats to say that if Portis had used the same techinque as lineman that Lassiter would not have gotten hurt?

TXBRONC
11-20-2003, 09:06 PM
As I said before, I don't want anyone's career ended by injury. Btw did Sapp get fined? I don't think, if I'm not mistaken the League reviewed it and didn't see the way you're stating it. Again as I said above, how do you know that if Portis had used the same techinque as a lineman that Lassiter would not have gotten hurt?

Javalon
11-20-2003, 09:45 PM
Sapp's play might have been legal but it was completely unnecessary; both players were nowhere near the action. Wasn't Portis blocking right in front of the QB? I'm not defending any play that might hurt another player (any more than normal) but Sapp had no reason to do what he did.

Javalon
11-20-2003, 09:49 PM
I'm not saying they are the exact same...I'm just using the example that they are both legal...and could both be career ending hits.

And it's a good point. The league should consider refining the rules on blocks like that.

Return of Lava
11-20-2003, 09:51 PM
what happened, i didnt get to see the game.

Orange&Blue
11-20-2003, 10:27 PM
Portis was blocking for QB protection. He went low and got him hard.

TheEdge634
11-21-2003, 12:35 AM
he didn't need to though it was on a bootleg and plummer had rolled out and portis only needed to block him slightly he just got low and ducked his shoulder into lassiter's legs.

when a guy is coming full speed you gotta know that if you lunge into his knees your gonna hurt him.

TXBRONC
11-21-2003, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by Javalon
Sapp's play might have been legal but it was completely unnecessary; both players were nowhere near the action. Wasn't Portis blocking right in front of the QB? I'm not defending any play that might hurt another player (any more than normal) but Sapp had no reason to do what he did.

That is good point. What Warren did is different in my mind he was away from the play and that I would say is dirty. What Portis did I would not constitute it as dirty play, that would be like saying he was trying to end Lassiter's career and just don' t think that's the case.

Broncofan-13
11-21-2003, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by Orange&Blue
Portis was blocking for QB protection. He went low and got him hard.

You mean he cut him? sheesh, I get cut all the time. Its legal, so people do it and will continue to do it unless its deemed illegal. I dunno, I guess Im missing the point of this thread.

Orange&Blue
11-21-2003, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by Broncofan-13
You mean he cut him? sheesh, I get cut all the time. Its legal, so people do it and will continue to do it unless its deemed illegal. I dunno, I guess Im missing the point of this thread.

Yeah that was my oversimplified summary of the play to Lava. This thread was started by a S.D. fan.

TXBRONC
11-21-2003, 03:08 PM
I don't mean to be cold hearted, but I think this subject is over. It happened, now its time to move on to the next game.

Woody
11-23-2003, 01:24 AM
Sapp doesnt keep anything real. Sapp is a loudmouth who is getting even louder now that his stats are declining. Comparing being in the NFL to being a slave...he's a piece of *****

bronx_2003
11-23-2003, 05:37 AM
it was a legal block...no question...but Portis obviously went for Lassiter's knees. It was dirty regardless of whether or not it should have been penalized. If the tables were reversed...I'm sure you'd see it differently. Sapp's hit last year against the GB player was very dirty, but legal...wouldn't you agree.

that was a great hit by sapp against gb. its great to see the players go out there and knock each other about. portis rulezzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Captain Kirk
11-23-2003, 08:53 AM
Moss like talent like being plain lazy? Standing around when the play isn't coming to him and not making blocks?
I could agree with that.