PDA

View Full Version : College or Pro

Peerless
07-23-2005, 11:11 AM
What are the pro's and con's of the NFL and College football?

Nick7
07-23-2005, 12:01 PM
Pro Good- Pro is the absolute best players competing to win
Pro Bad- Players lack the determination because there is no next step. It is more of a business than sport.

College good- There are no playoffs, making it so that every Saturday, teams know they have to win to get to the National Championship.
College bad- There aren't as many exciting plays.

broncosphreek
07-23-2005, 10:39 PM
Pro Good- Pro is the absolute best players competing to win
Pro Bad- Players lack the determination because there is no next step. It is more of a business than sport.

College good- There are no playoffs, making it so that every Saturday, teams know they have to win to get to the National Championship.
College bad- There aren't as many exciting plays.

i see it your way. ;)

Calif. Bronco
07-24-2005, 11:02 AM

I agree - the lack of a playoff essentially means that you often have to run the table to have a shot at the title. It makes for a much more interesting and meaningful regular season
The main problem I have with college is the enormous disparity between the haves and the have-nots. For example, the largest pointspread you will ever see in an NFL game is somewhere around 17-21 (and that's rare), whereas in college you have a lot of 40-50 point or more spreads. Call me crazy, but I just don't get excited to sit down for a game between Miami and Sisters of the Poor A&M.
As for the pros, it all depends where you are and who you root for. It's a great experience in places like Denver, Green Bay, K.C., etc. but not so much in some football-depressed place like Phoenix or L.A. (when we had a team out here)

JoRo
07-25-2005, 02:01 PM
I wish there was some sort of playoff, what happened to Auburn last year was stupid, I belive that they would have played better against USC than supposedly #2 OK.

Skywalker
07-25-2005, 02:21 PM
I wish there was some sort of playoff, what happened to Auburn last year was stupid, I belive that they would have played better against USC than supposedly #2 OK.

they were talking about spliting the National Championship if Auburn blew-out VT which was unfair I think.

broncofan303
07-30-2005, 11:02 PM

Yep..just ONE extra game though, because if they make the playoffs any bigger than 8 or 16 teams, that would completely ruin the meaning of college football everybody is talking about..EVERY SATURDAY COUNTS!!... Auburn did get screwed, but Oklahoma did deserve to be there, how do I know? You don't get 8 players drafted in the NFL from the same team if you're a scrubby team..