PDA

View Full Version : Free Agent DB's

rascal
11-20-2003, 08:26 AM
At the end of the year Shawn Springs and Charles Woodson will be free agents. Do you think the Broncos should pursue one of them? I am sold on Walls, but I am still iffy about Herndon. I think he would be better suited as a nickel back.

Broncofan-13
11-20-2003, 08:29 AM
I like woodson, but how much would he cost?

bklynbronco
11-20-2003, 08:55 AM
No matter what denver will overpay to get him cause they always do for free agents or hopefully not too many draft picks.

Javalon
11-20-2003, 09:24 AM
If they can afford him, I would expect the Broncos to try for Woodson. It's not just because they are still questionable at DB, not bad but not proven, but it's because they could take another good player away from a division rival. It's not just the Broncos who do that, obviously, but it seems to motivate a decent amount of the offseason free-agent signings.

pikman
11-20-2003, 09:31 AM
Woodson is somewhat injury prone so I say leave him alone.
Springs seems very happy working under Ray Rhodes so it may be hard to pry him away from Seattle.

Besides let our secondary have a chance to gel and gain experience together and I think they can do the job.

L.B-7
11-20-2003, 11:30 AM
Isnt Champ Baileys contract up also ? I believe it is.

broncos4ever
11-20-2003, 11:53 AM
Woodson would have my vote. He is still a really good player and could really help Denver. We need someone who can intercept the ball and be a game breaker, I have not seen that for the last two years. Deltha used to but I think he is going to be "history" after this season.

AsianOrange
11-20-2003, 11:53 AM
I like Shawn Springs.....lots of experience in him.

BroncoCy
11-20-2003, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by L.B-7
Isnt Champ Baileys contract up also ? I believe it is.

If that is true I say go for him. He is a great cover corner and probably will return punts for us if we somehow got him.

neisha26
11-20-2003, 01:58 PM
I like woodson but i guarntee he will cost to much money so i don't think they will pick him up they will have to do a lot of things just for that one person and i don't think the coaching staff will.

TXBRONC
11-20-2003, 09:28 PM
If Denver decided to pursue Woodson I think it would be an excellent move. He is definitely one of the best cbs in football right now. Springs has been somewhat of a disappointment for the Seahawks so I don't know if he would be worth pursueing. That being said Woodson certainly would not come cheap, but he would most definitely be worth the cost.

Return of Lava
11-20-2003, 09:32 PM
if we got champ bailey, we would definitely be instant shut down. Also, we have the same last name so i could flaunt that jersey myself!

Elway
11-20-2003, 09:41 PM
I would avoid Woodson, he has been injury proned and as of late has disrupted his teams with his comments. Regardless of their record, he should have kept quiet. I'd rather keep who we have of acquire some one via the draft.

Javalon
11-20-2003, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by Elway
I would avoid Woodson, he has been injury proned and as of late has disrupted his teams with his comments. Regardless of their record, he should have kept quiet. I'd rather keep who we have of acquire some one via the draft.

Heh, I mostly agree with that. Except for the part about the draft; the Broncos have NO luck picking cornebacks in the draft. (e.g. O'neal, Middlebrooks) ;)

Elway
11-20-2003, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by Javalon
Heh, I mostly agree with that. Except for the part about the draft; the Broncos have NO luck picking cornebacks in the draft. (e.g. O'neal, Middlebrooks) ;)

LOL... you have a point there, but hey try it enough times, maybe we'll get lucky.

TXBRONC
11-21-2003, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by Elway

I agree that he should have kept quiet, but have you heard any of his teamates putting him in his place? I haven't. Its not that I don't think Herndon and Walls aren't good enough but fact is Woodson is better. If Shanahan decides that he would rather seek free agents at different position I would not be disappointed it is after all his call.