PDA

View Full Version : Portis ran/runs a 4.5.....he has to be faster than that

Portisfan777
11-20-2003, 09:21 PM
Apparently Ladainian Tomlinson runs a 4.3 now.....and Ricky Williams ran a 4.38 in college.Clinton definitely seems at least that fast.I don't know,4.5 just seems a little slow for him.

TXBRONC
11-20-2003, 09:34 PM
Where did you hear that? I don't remember exactly where I heard it but I was under the impression that Portis was in the 4.3 class. I think he would have to be inorder be able to live as an outside runner. I'm also sure that I heard he is considered one of the fastest backs in the league.

neisha26
11-20-2003, 09:39 PM
like i told you earlier that was only his speed in college. you asked a question and i answered the best way i could when i get finish doing the research i was let you know. i told you that before i have all types of stuff on him and the paper i have/magazine says 4.5 in college thank you. i'm not saying that he still runs that because me myself i think that is a little to slow for him to but that's what the paper/magazine says and i don't think they have to lie but i'm still researching on that

Portisfan777
11-20-2003, 10:42 PM
I'm sorry Neisha.I didn't mean to imply that you were wrong,or you misread your information.I was just thinking that wherever you read/heard that,they might have been a little inaccurate that's all. Please accept my apology.I do appreciate the research you're doing.Keep me posted. ;)

TXBRONC
11-21-2003, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by neisha26
like i told you earlier that was only his speed in college. you asked a question and i answered the best way i could when i get finish doing the research i was let you know. i told you that before i have all types of stuff on him and the paper i have/magazine says 4.5 in college thank you. i'm not saying that he still runs that because me myself i think that is a little to slow for him to but that's what the paper/magazine says and i don't think they have to lie but i'm still researching on that

neisha, what magazine was that in. I pretty sure that is not accurate, if remember right when Denver drafted him, he was running something like a 4.3 40. At anyrate it really does not matter what the magazine says, its already been established that Clinton is a threat to break one for a long run everytime he touches the ball.

neisha26
11-21-2003, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by TXBRONC
neisha, what magazine was that in. I pretty sure that is not accurate, if remember right when Denver drafted him, he was running something like a 4.3 40. At anyrate it really does not matter what the magazine says, its already been established that Clinton is a threat to break one for a long run everytime he touches the ball. i agree w/ you i know he is faster than than to because that is kind of slow. it was in the sporting news article in august 2001

diehardbronco88
11-22-2003, 09:10 AM
ill tell ya what i sure as heck cant run a 4.5 so ill give him credit for that but for comparison of the other elite NFL running backs he has the ability to run faster. he has already proved himself as a leader but a speed improvement would not hurt!...-RyAn-

NameUsedBefore
11-23-2003, 07:02 PM
Sometimes forty times just don't mean squat.

Take me for example, I run a horrible over 5 second forty time, but on the field and when I'm actually going for something I run a heck of a lot faster. Same thing applies to players, when it comes to gametime Portis is probably faster than that 4.5 your stating.

cprender8
12-07-2003, 11:28 PM
I could still see him in the 4.5 range. The thing that gives him so many long runs is his ability to stop, sidestep and regain his speed quicker than anyone in the league

SD-BlueCheese
12-14-2003, 09:53 PM
Maybe with a sprained ankle. I'm sorry, but while 4.5 is fast (for a linebacker), that is power-back speed. Clinton is faster than a power back, and I guarantee he is faster than a Ricky Williams.

That said, Clinton can accelerate faster than anyone I have seen in the last few years.

He MAY run a 4.5 with his sprained ankle and knee though.

broncosue
12-14-2003, 10:22 PM
Will Portis be able to play the next 2 games? I heard it is a sprained ankle & knee, any confirmation of this yet? Hope Clinton is well very soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TXBRONC
12-15-2003, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by SD-BlueCheese
Maybe with a sprained ankle. I'm sorry, but while 4.5 is fast (for a linebacker), that is power-back speed. Clinton is faster than a power back, and I guarantee he is faster than a Ricky Williams.

That said, Clinton can accelerate faster than anyone I have seen in the last few years.

He MAY run a 4.5 with his sprained ankle and knee though.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't he go to the scouting combine and run a 4.2?

SD-BlueCheese
12-21-2003, 06:17 AM
if he did, thats just flat out scary.
I'm sure he's closer to a 4.2 than a 4.5.