PDA

View Full Version : Deltha O'Neal (Offense?)

Chronic_Toker
11-21-2003, 06:54 AM
Does anyone know the status of Deltha's moving over the wide receiver? Also, do you feel this is going to leave Denver's secondary lacking talent?

noregap
11-21-2003, 07:35 AM
Welcome to the board CT.
Yes, Deltha was moved over to WR but don't expect to see him unless the Broncos have a huge lead in the final minutes of a game. Mostly it kept a high priced 1st round pick on the team but got him out of the D where he kept getting burned too many times.
I really doubt that he'll be in a Bronco uniform next year. He can join those two losers D. Gardner and K. Johnson in the NFL outhouse.
True, he probably has good hands (which is why Shanny moved him over) but with the exception of last year in KC he never seemed to be in a position to use those hands for an int. Just my humble opinion.
GO BRONCOS!!!!!!!!!!!

TheGlue Factory
11-21-2003, 07:48 AM
I think Deltha has to a great opportunity and will be a good reciever. Remember he did play on offense in college. KOA had a sound bite of Shanahan commending Deltha on the switch and how he is progressing at the position.

Still, don't expect to see him until near the end of the season at best and most likely not until next year. I doubt Deltha will be gone next year though as he can do less damage from the WR position.

Chronic_Toker
11-21-2003, 07:59 AM
So Deltha hasn't been performing well on defense? I don't get to see as many games as I'd like living in Florida, but I thought he was doing well defending the pass. Am I wrong?

TheGlue Factory
11-21-2003, 08:05 AM
Unfortunately, you are quite severly wrong. Deltha's been beat a lot on defense and hasn't been that great at punt returns too!

I think he and Lelie could make a great WR combo in the future. BUT I want to see what Deltha can do at the position first. I just have a gut feeling that Deltha will be good at his new position. Time will tell though.

broncos4ever
11-21-2003, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by Chronic_Toker
So Deltha hasn't been performing well on defense? I don't get to see as many games as I'd like living in Florida, but I thought he was doing well defending the pass. Am I wrong?

Totally wrong. He has done terrible. Out of postion, not intercepting the ball, not turning around when he needed to and basically being out-played. Losing his position to Kelly Herndon and then losing his nickel postion to Jimmy Spencer. Muffing punts was the last straw.

Hopefully he can play offense, because he was a detriment on the defense this year. Several plays you had to put only on his shoulders and in punt returns he played hard enough not to "get hurt".

Chronic_Toker
11-21-2003, 08:22 AM
I guess I'm living in the past thinking that he is a star on defense. I'd like to see him do well as a receiver though. What do you think about McCaffrey? Will he ever be the star receiver that he once was?

broncos4ever
11-21-2003, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by Chronic_Toker
I guess I'm living in the past thinking that he is a star on defense. I'd like to see him do well as a receiver though. What do you think about McCaffrey? Will he ever be the star receiver that he once was?

No. My opinion only. He is having problems getting back from injury. We could still use him as third receiver though. I am wondering if he does not retire after this season. He was a great player. I would love to be wrong on this...

Chronic_Toker
11-21-2003, 08:33 AM
I would like for you to be wrong as well. I have been a big McCaffrey fan for quite some time. I'd love to see him return next year for a career season (or possibly in the playoffs). Luckily I see a lot of potential in Lelie, he's shown a lot just in the 2 years he's been in the league.