PDA

View Full Version : Training Camp Report 7-29

AlWilsonOwnsU
07-29-2005, 10:28 AM
They did the organization a little bit different this year so i couldn't get alot of the pics i wanted to but as camp goes on I'll catch on and situate myself right...

It was pretty crazy seeing guys like Jerry Rice and Clarett out on the field today...Maurice still seems to be in football shape and doesn't look as slow as his 40 time indicated. Tatum Bell received alot of reps but Mike ANderson had almost as many.

I watched alot of D-line drills and got a good look at the new faces. COurtney Brown is an athletic specimen! If he can stay healthy him and Trevor Pryce will be having QBs scrambling and making poor decisions all year.

If Wesley Duke can adapt to playing football, the kid could be real good. He's a monster, and maybe its a coincidence but hes built exactly like Shannon Sharpe maybe even bigger...

Jerry Rice has lost a step but let me tell you...THE GUY DOESN'T DROP A BALL! During DB-WR drills Darrent Williams was manned up on Rod Smith and good ol' number 80 took Williams to school! Williams tried to jam ROd at the line and Rod batted him away like a fly LOL, then caught a pass over the middle.

It was the first day so it was basic drills and not much contact...I'll answer any questions you have and I'll post a couple pics later.

AWOU

topscribe
07-29-2005, 10:39 AM
Sounds as if we just may have a defensive line!

-----

Calif. Bronco
07-29-2005, 10:47 AM
Interesting that Bell and Anderson got a lot of reps. Did Q or Dayne get any? Also, did you see our new punter?

In-com-plete
07-29-2005, 10:53 AM
It looks like Plummers sporting the beard again. Atleast it looks like it in the pic in this article (http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_2897561#) from the Denver Post.

It's about that time guys!

AlWilsonOwnsU
07-29-2005, 10:57 AM
Interesting that Bell and Anderson got a lot of reps. Did Q or Dayne get any? Also, did you see our new punter?

I'd have to say Dayne got the least amount of reps...

-Bell
-Anderson
-Griffin
-Clarett

I saw Todd but the kickers dont do much until later on...he and Elam basicly watched the practice.

SoCalBronco1
07-29-2005, 10:58 AM
AWOU, if you had to pick 2 or 3 standouts on each side of the ball, who would that be?

Thanks.

Adrenaline
07-29-2005, 10:58 AM
Glad Anderson is getting back in and doing his thing. How about our Line backers. Any news?

Calif. Bronco
07-29-2005, 11:00 AM
I'd have to say Dayne got the least amount of reps...

-Bell
-Anderson
-Griffin
-Clarett

I saw Todd but the kickers dont do much until later on...he and Elam basicly watched the practice.

That's about what I figured - I really think Dayne is going to be hard-pressed to make this team. Thanks for the info - you rock!!
:beer:

ReleaseTheBeast7
07-29-2005, 11:16 AM
AWOU is a stud!

Thanks man! :beer:

BANJOPICKER1
07-29-2005, 11:58 AM
Man,now that i got a transfer to boston,you are making my day,these reports are all i live for,hehe..THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH!

GOOOOOOOOOOO BRONCOS

BroncosB2B
07-29-2005, 12:42 PM
'Sup hommie? Since I can't be there this year, it's all up to you to get me what I need! Thanks for todays info. How is Watts looking? Also the LB corps? It's got to be cool to see Ian Gold back out there. Also if you can find out some jersey #'s for me. :confused:
Ian?
Patrick?
D.J.?

Ian is 52
Patrick is 54
DJ is 55

62OlinesDad
07-29-2005, 01:00 PM
I am sitting in Miami trying to follow progress of my son at camp and unless someone here fills me in I have no clue. Can someone help me and tell me how he is doing in camp?

Jack Luminous
07-29-2005, 01:23 PM
I am sitting in Miami trying to follow progress of my son at camp and unless someone here fills me in I have no clue. Can someone help me and tell me how he is doing in camp?

Not much to report at this point....they went with fundamental drills today with
hand-held pads, etc....looked like 'Technique 101' today for your son....but I will report here as I go...

Peerless
07-29-2005, 01:38 PM
We have an "inside man" in AWOU. :beer:

Mount-n-Groan
07-29-2005, 03:39 PM
Thanks, AWOU.

:beer:

Points to both you and Jack.

Javalon
07-29-2005, 07:11 PM
Thanks for the update, AWOU. Keep up the good work. :beer:

Fins4Life
07-29-2005, 07:18 PM
Sounds as if we just may have a defensive line!

-----

Topscribe would you stop being excited about your d line! Its driving me and the other sane members on this board crazy.

Please I beg of you Shut up about the players from the Browns
They SUCK

daspeedster
07-29-2005, 07:19 PM
Topscribe would you stop being excited about your d line! Its driving me and the other sane members on this board crazy.

They SUCK
if u dont wanna hear about our browns, GET OFF OUR BOARD!!!!

Javalon
07-29-2005, 07:37 PM

They SUCK
While you're entitled to your opinion, it would be nice if you kept your insults in the Smack forum.

It might be wise to actually watch these guys in action before making a declaration either way.

topscribe
07-29-2005, 08:02 PM

They SUCK
Wow! We have the best defensive line in the league!!

rcsodak
07-29-2005, 08:39 PM
LMAO!!!!!!

jletourneau
07-29-2005, 08:45 PM

A true work of art Top, nicely done

Adrenaline
07-29-2005, 09:08 PM

They SUCK

Someone please help. The fish fan has strayed to far from the smack forum and can't find his way back :coffee:

Don't tell us to not talk about our own team on our own board.

GuitarJ
07-29-2005, 09:36 PM
How bout that defensive line!! :D

Perry1977
07-29-2005, 10:41 PM
Awww, a phish out of water. Time to go make me a tuna sandwich. :D

Bronx84
07-29-2005, 11:10 PM
Thanks for the report AWOU.I have 2 questions how is Watts looking?ANd who do you think is looking the best out of the RB's so far.

Sherlock21
07-30-2005, 01:19 AM
Thanks for the update!

Is Browner still lining up at Safety? And how is Nate Jackson looking at TE?

AlWilsonOwnsU
07-30-2005, 01:56 PM
I have 2 questions how is Watts looking?ANd who do you think is looking the best out of the RB's so far.

Watts looks really comfortable out there, i believe the only corner to stop him was lenny Walls and thats because Lenny got a reach on him. Watts is really quick...i think he'll make alot of short yard catches into big plays.

Tatum Bell has gotten bigger and you can tell hes comfortable in the offense...Shanahan gave him most of the reps...i kid you not he reminds me of a faster TD, just by the way he runs. Mike Anderson is also looking solid...the man will take advantage of any playing time he gets.

Is Browner still lining up at Safety? And how is Nate Jackson looking at TE?

I didn't see much of Browner...i will look for him monday. Nate Jackson has gotten alot bigger, he looks waaaaaay different. I think he has the hands to be a TE he just needs to get more comfortable blocking.

OrangeShadow
07-30-2005, 02:00 PM
howd champ look? focused?

AlWilsonOwnsU
07-30-2005, 02:11 PM
howd champ look? focused?

Couldnt have said it better myself...He didnt do much chatting but with John Lynch and Al Wilson.

AlWilsonOwnsU
07-30-2005, 02:17 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/AlWilsonOwnsU/c5bcc591.jpg

The D-line

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/AlWilsonOwnsU/1a91218b.jpg

Wesley Duke

JRWIZ
07-30-2005, 02:35 PM

What did you say? That sucking sound is coming from heracane country!