PDA

View Full Version : Punters/Kickers

Denver8
07-29-2005, 12:30 PM
How did the punters and kickers look today??????

Rage236
07-29-2005, 09:38 PM
I wasn't there...but basing off of the information on the site...apparently they did remarkably well...at least Saurbraun and Ernster did. Neither punted less than 48 yards; which is great in of itself.

Sauerbraun punted an average of 51.7 yds in 6 punts with a long of 58
&
Ernster punted an average of 55.0 yds in 5 punts with a long of 64.

Of course without any hard math, we can't determine standard deviation; how consistent they were. Ernster could've had a 48 and two 50's and then suddenly a 63 and 64; while Sauerbraun could've had a 48, three 50's, a 54 and a 58. In this case Sauerbraun is more consistent, while Ernster can be said to have a higher range.

However, without doin any real hard statistical math, nothing is a guarantee...What I can say is...WOW ...we got our selves a pair of punters who can rocket that ball. We can't go that far wrong with a punters who can consistently punt up here over 50 yards. :cheers: cheers to our special teams. And this was only day one of training camp...

rcsodak
07-29-2005, 09:58 PM
Too bad they'll likely only keep one.... :coffee:

Rage236
07-30-2005, 10:42 AM
Too bad they'll likely only keep one.... :coffee:

Not necessarily...Ernster does have very many different capabilities allowing for him to be a replacement down the line for either Sauerbraun or Elam. Regardless; I think we'll be keepin both at least through this season. So then if we ultimately keep only one; we'll have at least some sort of trade bait to other teams. Especially if Sauerbraun keeps his nose clean.