PDA

View Full Version : If money was no object...?

orang/blu in LA
11-21-2003, 08:03 AM
I always love to hear peoples' answers to this question. Let's say money was NO OBJECT, and you could pick one place to live, anywhere in the world, any style of house. Where would it be, what would it look like?

I have many - but since i'm craving a vacation, the one that comes to mind is in Italy.... a nice old villa on a cliff overlooking the ocean, with one of those eternity pools (is that what they're called?)...and i have a vineyard. :) Don't know if that exists, but that's where i'd live!

Jared
11-21-2003, 08:06 AM
Where doesn't matter.

I would wnat no one around for miles and miles, so I could paly my music and build my recording studio.

Even better, buy say 5 square miles in that heart of a huge city, that way I get privacy and quiet without having to drive 40 minutes for gas.

Someplace where I get all 4 seasons would be nice, as long as its relatively mild. (i.e. not extreme seasons).

orang/blu in LA
11-21-2003, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by Jared
I would wnat no one around for miles and miles, so I could paly my music and build my recording studio.(

I'm with you on that. My place in Italy is so i can write all day long, with no interruptions. When i need a break i just sit on the cliff with a glass of vino or go on a walk...and then write some more. No neighbors to bug me. :)

Broncofan-13
11-21-2003, 08:47 AM
Italys not as quiet as youd think, believe me.

But in answer to your question, Im not sure where Id like to live. Somewher very snowy. I love the cold, so maybe a cabin in Junau (sp??) or something like that :D

Orange&Blue
11-21-2003, 11:19 AM
The title of this thread makes me think of Jay-Z's song Money Ain't a Thang.

I don't know where I'd live. Maybe here in CO so my friends could visit often and I'd have my Broncos.

My house would be big enough so that I could comfortably have guests over but not so big that I'd have rooms in my house that I could go years without seeing. I would want a lap pool and a hot tub. I'd have to have an awesome kitchen. I'd want a big greenhouse too filled with tropical plants.

orang/blu in LA
11-21-2003, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by Orange&Blue
I would want a lap pool and a hot tub. I'd have to have an awesome kitchen. I'd want a big greenhouse too filled with tropical plants.

Oooh! a greenhouse! Yes! When i lived in Colorado we had a greenhouse with a hot tub - and there is nothing like soaking in the hot tub with icicles all around you. Sigh. Would you be on a lake or a river?

orangenblue420
11-21-2003, 11:30 AM
This house but one the ocean and the weather needs to be a low of 60 and high of 90 the entire year :D

And we all know I would have a state of the art greenhouse, equipped with the latest and greates in hydro technology

orang/blu in LA
11-21-2003, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by orangenblue420
This house but one the ocean and the weather needs to be a low of 60 and high of 90 the entire year :D

Ooh! very nice! Can i come visit you there and then you come visit me in Italy? ;) And which ocean?

Orange&Blue
11-21-2003, 11:35 AM
I'd want a coconut tree for sure in my greenhouse. Maybe even have the lap pool in there with a fake beach. It could be my imitation tropical paradise that I could enjoy when I didn't have time to actually go to a tropical paradise.

Hmm tough question between lake or river. I love water, so I'd want to be by one of the two. I'm leaning toward lake. That way I could go kayaking on the lake. I've been kayaking on Lake Dillon a couple of times and it's absolutely beautiful.

Orange&Blue
11-21-2003, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by orangenblue420

That be a nice house!

orangenblue420
11-21-2003, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by orang/blu in LA
Ooh! very nice! Can i come visit you there and then you come visit me in Italy? ;) And which ocean?

For sure, and it wouldnt matter which ocean, I just love the ocean, I wouldnt mind mountains nearby either, but I know the climate thing is probably not to realistic. The reason I didnt pick to live in Colo was cause if money was no object to me, I would have season tickets and prob fly up for every game or get a nice place in the rockies for a vaca home :D

Broncofan-13
11-21-2003, 11:40 AM
Sorry guys, but hottubs are overrated, Id prefer coming in from the freezing cold straight to the fireplace, plopping down in my recliner after drying off and hitting up some madden :)

Orange&Blue
11-21-2003, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by Broncofan-13
Sorry guys, but hottubs are overrated, Id prefer coming in from the freezing cold straight to the fireplace, plopping down in my recliner after drying off and hitting up some madden :)

Maybe YOUR hottub is overrated but not MINE! Mine would actually be a natural hotspring, so hah! LOL! :D

Broncofan-13
11-21-2003, 11:44 AM
LOL,

I just dont like hottubs, theyre overused. Id prefer to have just an old fashioned fireplace, and maybe A good sized BBQ pit. I love my steak :D

orang/blu in LA
11-21-2003, 11:47 AM
Ooooh...a natural hotspring! yes, that's nice. like those natural pools too, with all the plants? looks like you stumbled upon a lagoon. i like those. maybe i'll have that instead of my eternity pool...though i guess on a cliff that doesn't work so well. drat.

But yes, many fireplaces. Fireplaces in each bedroom. and a nice outdoor pit where we can all sit around, drinking wine from my vineyard..... :)

Broncofan-13
11-21-2003, 11:50 AM
Oh, and Id hire a piemaker, too :D

Orange&Blue
11-21-2003, 11:51 AM
A cheesepie maker? :D

orang/blu in LA
11-21-2003, 11:51 AM
Or maybe we could hire a researcher to tell us if it's a pie or a cake!

Broncofan-13
11-21-2003, 11:53 AM
Or maybe we could hire a researcher to tell us if it's a pie or a cake!

LMAO and they say research is used for all of the wrong subjects :D

orang/blu in LA
11-21-2003, 11:54 AM
Oh, and i need a big movie theatre in my house where we watch bronco games. big satellite on the roof.

Broncofan-13
11-21-2003, 11:56 AM
Hell, If money was no object, Id buy the broncos :D

Broncofan-13
11-21-2003, 11:57 AM
Then Id buy the packers and disband them. cus Im EVIL!!! :D

orangenblue420
11-21-2003, 12:01 PM
I'd buy the Broncs and Raiders then make all the Raider players be jock strap washers (hand wash only)

And I would hire a brownie chef :D

Broncofan-13
11-21-2003, 12:03 PM
Jock strap washers... why didnt I think of that?!

Orange&Blue
11-21-2003, 12:05 PM
Oh, and i need a big movie theatre in my house where we watch bronco games. big satellite on the roof.

Your little villa is starting to get big!

orang/blu in LA
11-21-2003, 12:07 PM
I know! it's a good thing i own the whole mountain i'm on... ;)

Broncofan-13
11-21-2003, 12:09 PM
You could alweays buy one of those little mountain towns in bavaria and force everyone to move out >:-D

Orange&Blue
11-21-2003, 12:18 PM
This is getting complicated. I just might have to give it all up and go live in a mountain cave wit' dem bears as me compny! :D

Broncofan-13
11-21-2003, 12:22 PM
LOL thats my career goal......... hermit

orang/blu in LA
11-21-2003, 12:24 PM
It's okay - not complicated, don't move to a cave! okay, i own the mountain, we hang out there, and of course i have a landing strip so you can fly in. Very easy. Vineyard = never ending booze. Big TV = great football viewing. Pool = pool. See? Grand old time! But if you REALLY want, i'm sure i could find you cave on my property. ;)

Broncofan-13
11-21-2003, 12:26 PM
How much do you rent it out for, orang.blu? :D

orang/blu in LA
11-21-2003, 12:33 PM
How much do you rent it out for, orang.blu? :D

It's actually quite a lot - but for my bronco brethren NOTHING!

Broncofan-13
11-21-2003, 12:36 PM
Do they sell hermit sticks up there?

Orange&Blue
11-21-2003, 03:00 PM
Ah need a cayve big enuf to suhport ma faimly. Yu got one lahk that?

Broncofan-13
11-21-2003, 03:05 PM
I thought we had limitless money, why are we living in caves?! :P

Orange&Blue
11-21-2003, 03:12 PM
It's okay - not complicated, don't move to a cave! okay, i own the mountain, we hang out there, and of course i have a landing strip so you can fly in. Very easy. Vineyard = never ending booze. Big TV = great football viewing. Pool = pool. See? Grand old time! But if you REALLY want, i'm sure i could find you cave on my property. ;)

Sounds good to me! Now where to we get limitless money?

ozzy_osbourne
11-21-2003, 03:21 PM
A private tropical island where I can just sit drink and smoke my weed and not have to worry about anyone's laws but mine... oh yeah I forgot to mention the tropical girls to the left and right of me

Broncofan-13
11-21-2003, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by ozzy_osbourne
A private tropical island where I can just sit drink and smoke my weed and not have to worry about anyone's laws but mine... oh yeah I forgot to mention the tropical girls to the left and right of me

sounds like a good time to me :D

orang/blu in LA
11-21-2003, 03:27 PM
well, getting the money is the hard part... .hmmm... we'll have to think on this.... ;)

Ozzy, if i hook you up with a bunch of italian hotties, can i come vacation on your island? and will you have bars set up throughout the island? i get very thirsty, need drinks with rum and umbrellas when i'm in the sun.... :)

Broncofan-13
11-21-2003, 03:28 PM
you like rum? I prefer cognac

ozzy_osbourne
11-21-2003, 03:30 PM
well, getting the money is the hard part... .hmmm... we'll have to think on this.... ;)

Ozzy, if i hook you up with a bunch of italian hotties, can i come vacation on your island? and will you have bars set up throughout the island? i get very thirsty, need drinks with rum and umbrellas when i'm in the sun.... :)

don't forget sunscreen...

orang/blu in LA
11-21-2003, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by ozzy_osbourne
don't forget sunscreen...

Yeah, that's good too...but i usually just tan. :)

Broncofan-13 - I like tropical drinks with rum in it...but other than that i'm a wine or scotch gal. Hence my dream house comes with a vineyard. A nice endless supply! hehee.

Broncofan-13
11-21-2003, 03:35 PM
cool. Im not a heavy drinker, but coke and henny hits the spot :D

ozzy_osbourne
11-21-2003, 03:36 PM
Yeah, that's good too...but i usually just tan. :)

too much sun not good for the skin... tan is good though...

Orange&Blue
11-21-2003, 03:37 PM
I like Red Bull and vodka. It'd be all wrong for a tropical drink though.

I had a drink in Hawaii called a tropical backscratcher, I think. They actually put a backscratcher in your drink.

orang/blu in LA
11-21-2003, 03:39 PM
I like Red Bull and vodka. It'd be all wrong for a tropical drink though.

I had a drink in Hawaii called a tropical backscratcher, I think. They actually put a backscratcher in your drink.

Hopefully not a USED backscratcher...LOL. ;)

I think the Red Bull and vodka would be okay for a tropical drink. It's all about presentation. You put it in a nice tall glass, with some fruit on the side, and then PRESTO, tropical drink. you may not RELAX like everyone else, but oh well! ;)

Broncofan-13
11-21-2003, 03:41 PM
how bout a malibu lou? cant remember whats in it exactly, but its like vodka, pineapple, conconut milk, and some other alchohol. like I said, dont remember :D

orang/blu in LA
11-21-2003, 03:42 PM
how bout a malibu lou? cant remember whats in it exactly, but its like vodka, pineapple, conconut milk, and some other alchohol. like I said, dont remember :D

Ahhh...you must have had a LOT of them huh.... :)
I'll drink just about anything but tequilla - a trip to Mexico ended that for me.

Orange&Blue
11-21-2003, 03:42 PM
Hopefully not a USED backscratcher...LOL. ;)

I think the Red Bull and vodka would be okay for a tropical drink. It's all about presentation. You put it in a nice tall glass, with some fruit on the side, and then PRESTO, tropical drink. you may not RELAX like everyone else, but oh well! ;)

I KNEW somebody was going to say that! Groooooooosss! :D

It's funny that you say that. I never had a problem with it until one day, a friend said to me that she couldn't sleep if she had that drink. Well low and behold, I couldn't sleep that night.

orang/blu in LA
11-21-2003, 03:46 PM
It's funny that you say that. I never had a problem with it until one day, a friend said to me that she couldn't sleep if she had that drink. Well low and behold, I couldn't sleep that night.

Yeah, that's the drink that i'll order if i'm dead tired and just got dragged out by my friends. within a few sips i'm awake! if i have more than a couple of them i'm bouncing off walls. not fun for everyone who eventually wants to go to sleep... :)

Broncofan-13
11-21-2003, 03:51 PM
which is stronger, red bull or jolt cola?

Orange&Blue
11-21-2003, 03:51 PM
Yeah, that's the drink that i'll order if i'm dead tired and just got dragged out by my friends. within a few sips i'm awake! if i have more than a couple of them i'm bouncing off walls. not fun for everyone who eventually wants to go to sleep... :)

I have an absurdly low tolerance, but for some reason, that's one of the few drinks that doesn't floor me.

Broncofan-13
11-21-2003, 04:00 PM
neither of you have never had hennessay? how bout royal crown?

Orange&Blue
11-21-2003, 04:03 PM
I haven't. I usually just stick to what I like. Maybe I'll try it out next time.

ozzy_osbourne
11-21-2003, 04:05 PM
neither of you have never had hennessay? how bout royal crown?

don't dig on the hen but som CR & coke never hurt anyone...

Broncofan-13
11-21-2003, 04:06 PM
now yer talkin! crown and coke, as the french say..... aw, who gives a damn about what the french say.

ozzy_osbourne
11-21-2003, 04:16 PM
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Jared
11-23-2003, 07:13 AM
Then Id buy the packers and disband them. cus Im EVIL!!! :D

I would do the same to teh Yankess...and then go into hiding of course, cause I am sure there would be a bounty on my head. :-)

Actually, I doubt I could buy the Broncos, but I would see about getting a share.

I would definitely overpay to get the Mets, and overhaul their scouting and farm system, as well as hire reall baseball people who don't ethnically insult other assistant GM's!!!!!! With a good team every year in NEW York, I'd make money back within a season or two. Even in a dump like Shea.

Perry1977
11-23-2003, 10:31 AM
Here is my dream house (http://home.mindspring.com/~stovbolt/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/addams3.jpg) . I'm a little wierd, though. ;)

Okay, it should work now. Sorreh. ;)

orang/blu in LA
11-23-2003, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by Perry1977
Here is my dream house (http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Haven/2856/tribute/commercial/addams3.jpg) . I'm a little wierd, though. ;)

It's saying that page is unnavailable. Can you save a pic to your computer and then attach it?

Perry1977
11-23-2003, 10:39 AM
Fixed.

orang/blu in LA
11-23-2003, 10:42 AM
COOL! After living there, you should have plenty of stories for the "Do you believe in ghosts?" thread! ;)

Broncofan-13
11-23-2003, 10:45 AM
hmmmm, anyone else hear the addams family theme playing? :D just kidding, nice house perry :D

Orange&Blue
11-23-2003, 10:57 AM
Do you know where that house is located perry?

Perry1977
11-23-2003, 10:58 AM
No idea, but it IS the Addams family house....God Morticia is hot!! Drooool =p

Orange&Blue
11-23-2003, 11:00 AM
Oh, I kind of thought it looked like the house from Psycho at 1st. If you wnt that house, it's at Universal Studios. You'll have tourists driving by your house each day!

orang/blu in LA
11-23-2003, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by Perry1977
No idea, but it IS the Addams family house....God Morticia is hot!! Drooool =p

Heehee. i thought maybe it was, but i wasn't sure. :)

Broncofan-13
11-23-2003, 11:07 AM
It just goes to show you, that Im one helluva guesser. :D

Orange&Blue
11-23-2003, 11:16 AM
Nice call!

Perry1977
11-23-2003, 11:52 AM
Well, the old Morticia is hot, the one in the movies was kinda gross. =p Time to get bundled upand head to D - Town!!

Zmabe
12-11-2003, 03:54 AM
I always love to hear peoples' answers to this question. Let's say money was NO OBJECT, and you could pick one place to live, anywhere in the world, any style of house. Where would it be, what would it look like?

I have many - but since i'm craving a vacation, the one that comes to mind is in Italy.... a nice old villa on a cliff overlooking the ocean, with one of those eternity pools (is that what they're called?)...and i have a vineyard. :) Don't know if that exists, but that's where i'd live!
ive been to italy. its very nice. but if money was no object id live in greece in a house next to the beach.

BroncoCy
12-11-2003, 12:37 PM
nevermind...wrong thread