PDA

View Full Version : How about Clarett!?

ReleaseTheBeast7
07-31-2005, 09:33 AM
http://www.denverbroncos.com/
Watch the video, watch him just run right over LeSueur. That's some sick ****!

How about LeSueurs pick? :D

I think Clarett could work his way into the starting role by week 10!

Perry1977
07-31-2005, 09:37 AM
That's my boy!! Go get 'em, son! *sniff*

ReleaseTheBeast7
07-31-2005, 09:38 AM
That's my boy!! Go get 'em, son! *sniff*

I'm his uncle!

But, i'm the daddy of LeSueur! :rockon:

havoc
07-31-2005, 10:08 AM
Its really good to hear some positive notes on Clarett A.K.A. (maurice the beast) I think he will suprise alot of people this year. I am a huge buckeye fan and I remember watching games when the play would look like he wasnt going to get anything then all the sudden he bursts through the line smashes someones teeth out makes another guy miss takes off and before you know it he's flying through the secondary throwin stiffarms for a few more yards. Very good back. and to think he was a freshman. And yes his speed is very deceptive. He will get caught from behind, but he will also rip off some long runs due to his vision and just being able to see where everyone is on the field and adjusting his route to gain maximum yards. you will see him shine!!

dontfeedthenerd
07-31-2005, 10:33 AM
It was impressive, no doubt. Just keep in mind that it wasn't a full pads practice. I'd like to see him play some preseason games b4 I draw any drastic conclusions. Even then, preseason's not the best indicator of performance there is.

topscribe
07-31-2005, 10:34 AM
I'm his uncle!

But, i'm the daddy of LeSueur! :rockon:
You must be. You are one of the few to spell his name right. :laugh:

-----

ReleaseTheBeast7
07-31-2005, 11:48 AM
You must be. You are one of the few to spell his name right. :laugh:

-----

:rockon:
That's what happens when you follow him from the day he got outside of his diapers!

Man... If I go back to when you got out of your diapers, world war 1 was going on.

Haha, just kiddin' man! :beer:

topscribe
07-31-2005, 11:54 AM
That's what happens when you follow him from the day he got outside of his diapers!

Man... If I go back to when you got out of your diapers, world war 1 was going on.

Haha, just kiddin' man! :beer:
Aww, I know you were serial. :mad:

:D

-----

ReleaseTheBeast7
07-31-2005, 01:01 PM
Aww, I know you were serial. :mad:

:D

-----

Old people talk... Seesh. :cheers:

M_A_C
07-31-2005, 01:54 PM
You guys think he will even get a chance to play this year? I kinda doubt it, he might not even make the team.

topscribe
07-31-2005, 02:12 PM
You guys think he will even get a chance to play this year? I kinda doubt it, he might not even make the team.
Welcome to the boards! :beer:

He'll make the team, all right.

But I doubt he'll play much this year. Too raw.

He could fool us all, though, one way or the other.

-----

Sherlock21
07-31-2005, 02:27 PM
I have to admit, when we drafted MC, I really thought he'd be practice squad bound. But based on the initial reports out of training camp, this guy sounds like he has some promise. I'm in no way jumping on the band wagon yet. I am going to leave my self to be suprised...hopefully. Regardless, I am very excited that this young man has shown some maturity, signed that incentive laden contract and will let his actions do the talking. Again, I'm not sold on him yet, but am secretly rooting for the former buckeye! :beer:

Reichert113
07-31-2005, 03:38 PM
there is no doubt that maurice can play football. he proved that as an 18 year old when he single handedly saved the national championship game for the buckeyes when he stripped the ball after a interception. that was one of the greatest plays i have ever seen cause it was just a showing of maxium effort and a mantality of ill do anything to help my team win this game. but he has been out of the game for around 2 years now. thats a long time. he has the potential to take over the starting rb job this year or next but it will be a question of his character. will he be the maurice who went to the limits to get his team a ring or will it be the maurice that didn't bust his ass while he was out of the game and walked out of the combine after running a disappointing 40.

Backforty
07-31-2005, 07:53 PM
Big Mo is the real deal guys. There is no such thing as jumping on the bandwagon for me im driving it. Coach will make the most of MC and he'll find a way for him to help this team. Just keep your eyes on the prize. This boy(beast) can work some serious magic! Mike wouldn't have picked him up if he didn't believe the kid was something special. Go Broncos

topscribe
07-31-2005, 07:59 PM
Big Mo is the real deal guys. There is no such thing as jumping on the bandwagon for me im driving it. Coach will make the most of MC and he'll find a way for him to help this team. Just keep your eyes on the prize. This boy(beast) can work some serious magic! Mike wouldn't have picked him up if he didn't believe the kid was something special. Go Broncos
Welcome to the boards! :beer:

-----

ReleaseTheBeast7
07-31-2005, 08:01 PM

Welcome :rockon:

Momentum
08-01-2005, 12:06 PM
Mo is and always has been 1st round talent. He just needed to get in shape and it seems that happened.

Momentum
08-01-2005, 12:08 PM
I have to admit, when we drafted MC, I really thought he'd be practice squad bound. But based on the initial reports out of training camp, this guy sounds like he has some promise. I'm in no way jumping on the band wagon yet. I am going to leave my self to be suprised...hopefully. Regardless, I am very excited that this young man has shown some maturity, signed that incentive laden contract and will let his actions do the talking. Again, I'm not sold on him yet, but am secretly rooting for the former buckeye! :beer:

You cant put him on PC. Guranteed somebody like Minnesota or Jacksonville would steal him.

ttejuco
08-01-2005, 12:34 PM
Clarett will make the active roster. He will probably be 4th on the depth chart. The RB's will be Mike Anderson, Tatum Bell, Quentin Griffin and Maurice Clarett. Ron Dayne dosent have a chance to make the team. Kyle Johnson and Cecil Sapp will be kept for fullbacks. Last year the Broncos kept 7 Rb's and Fb's, and i can see the same for this year.

Bellthebest
08-02-2005, 06:59 AM
http://www.denverbroncos.com/
Watch the video, watch him just run right over LeSueur. That's some sick ****!

How about LeSueurs pick? :D

I think Clarett could work his way into the starting role by week 10!

ok man, im done with you.....First, you worship Tatum......then after the draft you worshipped Maurice Clarret, then about a month later you go back to Tatum....Now ur sayin that Maurice will start by week 10.....Wtf....

And , if you didnt know, LeSueur sucks, so i wouldnt be surprised to see Q run him over....

BoWdY
08-03-2005, 08:33 PM
As for me i have been one of the biggest skeptics of Mo simply because of the way that he left OSU and handled the combine, but the fact is that he has been constantly under the supervision of two of the hardest working backs in the league in MA and Dayne, the fact that he has been dedicated thus far has really shown me that he does have the guts to make a stab at RB, there is no questioning the talent that he had when he was in college, but that was a couple of years ago and whether or not he can bounce back from that abscence is my biggest concern. but lets face it if he gets his shot he will be a great back its just a matter of him sharing carries for his first season or two. and the reason that i say this is because he fits our scheme perfectly, one cut and go north south running at its best. later

watchthemiddle
08-03-2005, 08:42 PM
That was actually Darrent Williams he stiff armed and I think I could stiff arm him. Clarrett has about 50 lbs on the guy. Someone needs to teach Williams how to tackle. He was way to high on a guy who out-weighs him by that much.

Backforty
08-03-2005, 09:16 PM
That was actually Darrent Williams he stiff armed and I think I could stiff arm him. Clarrett has about 50 lbs on the guy. Someone needs to teach Williams how to tackle. He was way to high on a guy who out-weighs him by that much.

Its nice to know how to throw your weight around and pick up a couple of extra yards when you can or need to. Id like to see more of that this year.

Sherlock21
08-04-2005, 01:13 AM

I read an article ealier that talked about this early in training camp they tackle high. They stay away from the knees and legs. I'm guessing it's to try and keep injuries down. Hopefully thats why he was tackling high.

Backforty... Welcome to the boards.

GIVEME6
08-04-2005, 01:51 AM
I thought Mo was an amazing back at OSU, and now it seems as if he's showing that same form in camp. I'll be honest and say that I'm very excited to see what he's capable of, but he seemed to get injured alot in college. I hope that isn't the case now....

JWinn
08-04-2005, 04:48 AM

As Sherlock indicated, that was by design. The coaches dont want anyone injured during camp. They are not allowed to tackle under the waist yet. For the next few weeks at practice, thats all your going to see, unless they decide to change their minds. They just want everyone healthy and ready to go.

Although not a great idea from a defenders standpoint, it's a smart decision when your paying these guys all this money. The last thing you want is to have someone your really counting on producing, sitting out the season because he got injured n camp, by his own teammate.

As for Clarett, it sure looks like he's bringing everything he needs to win a job here. Hopefully, that continues, and he gets the chance to produce for us. We'll get a chance to see him take hits in preseason, and see if he's ready for the NFL or not. Being out two years probably didnt help, but he appears to be making the effort to make up for that. Reports are favorable so far. I hope they continue to be!

towels
08-04-2005, 09:21 AM
I read an article ealier that talked about this early in training camp they tackle high. They stay away from the knees and legs. I'm guessing it's to try and keep injuries down. Hopefully thats why he was tackling high.

Backforty... Welcome to the boards.

Seems to me that could also create some bad technique...I'd almost wonder if you wouldn't rather have them not tackling at all instead of tackling poorly.

calij11
08-04-2005, 10:52 AM
Is there any footage of the hit D.J. gave Clarett, where he supposedly flattened him?

Thanks.

RoorRipper
08-04-2005, 11:08 AM
Is there any footage of the hit D.J. gave Clarett, where he supposedly flattened him?

Thanks.
I'm guessing a little payback from the national title game?

Duilen
08-04-2005, 11:33 AM
Seems to me that could also create some bad technique...I'd almost wonder if you wouldn't rather have them not tackling at all instead of tackling poorly.

Yeah, that does seem kind of odd. Why don't we just make our QBs throw left handed during practice so they don't hurt their shoulders...we all know Jake is an adept lefty.

JK, Im sure the coaches know what they are doing.

ReleaseTheBeast7
08-04-2005, 12:12 PM
ok man, im done with you.....First, you worship Tatum......then after the draft you worshipped Maurice Clarret, then about a month later you go back to Tatum....Now ur sayin that Maurice will start by week 10.....Wtf....

And , if you didnt know, LeSueur sucks, so i wouldnt be surprised to see Q run him over....

I ain't worshipping no one. Worshipping is for teh God.

I support everyone mano... And if you go back and actually READ it. I said "He COULD work his way into the starting role by week 10!"

LeSueur sucks? That's why he was a 3rd round pick right? That's why he was a top CB with his draft class correct?

Kid, get some knowledge for the game before you run your mouth.

GIVEME6
08-04-2005, 12:19 PM
Jeremy LeSueur was a damn good corner with Michigan. To say he sucks would be totally off base... :coffee:

ReleaseTheBeast7
08-04-2005, 12:23 PM
Jeremy LeSueur was a damn good corner with Michigan. To say he sucks would be totally off base... :coffee:

Damn straight son :rockon:

ttejuco
08-04-2005, 01:32 PM

Omg did you just say LeSueur sucks? No no no. LeSueur is probably one of the better things to happen to our secondary. I wouldnt be surprised if he turns out better than Willie Middlebrooks ever was. He's Michigan bred, just like umm another damn good corner named Charles Woodson. He was a ball hawk at corner and will be even more dangerous at FS.

As for Clarett and Bell, neither will be starting. Anderson is the clear cut winner for #1 at RB. Clarett has showed good running ability so far in camp and is very promising for the future, however he needs to build up more stamina. Tatum Bell has shown good flashes as well, but hasnt emerged enough as the starter. Who cares whoever starts for the Broncos, as long as that person gets the job done.

HaroldWoods41SS
08-04-2005, 02:21 PM

thas right Michigan

ReleaseTheBeast7
08-04-2005, 02:34 PM
Omg did you just say LeSueur sucks? No no no. LeSueur is probably one of the better things to happen to our secondary. I wouldnt be surprised if he turns out better than Willie Middlebrooks ever was. He's Michigan bred, just like umm another damn good corner named Charles Woodson. He was a ball hawk at corner and will be even more dangerous at FS.

As for Clarett and Bell, neither will be starting. Anderson is the clear cut winner for #1 at RB. Clarett has showed good running ability so far in camp and is very promising for the future, however he needs to build up more stamina. Tatum Bell has shown good flashes as well, but hasnt emerged enough as the starter. Who cares whoever starts for the Broncos, as long as that person gets the job done.

No BS, just facts.

Yes sir.

rcsodak
08-04-2005, 10:58 PM
Clarett will make the active roster. He will probably be 4th on the depth chart. The RB's will be Mike Anderson, Tatum Bell, Quentin Griffin and Maurice Clarett. Ron Dayne dosent have a chance to make the team. Kyle Johnson and Cecil Sapp will be kept for fullbacks. Last year the Broncos kept 7 Rb's and Fb's, and i can see the same for this year.

Well, if you think they'll do the same this year (keeping 7), then who will be the 7th player, as you only listed 6? ;)

rcsodak
08-04-2005, 11:00 PM

Probably because during this phase of training camp, the players HAVE to tackle up high. No low tackles are allowed, as that's how injuries occur.

Backforty
08-06-2005, 08:35 PM
Haven't heard much about Big MO in the last few days anyone know how he has been doing? I know he is just a rookie but MC doesnt see it that way. I'm sure there is some story to tell!