PDA

View Full Version : Safety

Reichert113
07-31-2005, 03:31 PM
Do you think that Brandon Browner will take over as FS or SS by the end of this year. If the Broncos can get this kid to show he is star potential then they can move John Lynch back to SS where he is better suited to play the run. This would also allow Sam Brandon, Nick Ferguson, Jeremey LeSuher and Brandon Browner to battle for the FS position which could help the defense in the passing game. I personally like Browner cause he is a very big defensive back and has a chip on his shoulder after not being selected in the NFL Draft.

Denver'sChamp
07-31-2005, 03:41 PM
If Browner can adjust to his new position and get get faster and quicker; he will.

silkamilkamonic
07-31-2005, 04:36 PM
Browner is struggling at this point and is just pressing to make the team.

Right now he looks a few steps slow at this point and just doesn't look like he belongs. He is looking like the first one probably released at the CB position and hasn't seemed to grasp any concepts of the S position.

The coaches will be patient and give him the benefit of the doubt at this point because he is only a rookie, but I wouldn't expect to see him on the field at all this year or probably next.

Rumor has it he just won't fit into a CB position in the NFL and it will take him a while to learn the S position.

jletourneau
07-31-2005, 04:47 PM
Yeah, Browner has looked like he's struggled some to me in practice too. But he has had a couple of nice plays, especially one at this mornings practice. Ferguson is looking good right now next to Lynch, no need to replace him right now. If anyone threatened his job, I would think it would be LeSueur once Jeremy gets more and more comfortable with the safety position. Otherwise, Lynch and Ferguson are looking like a comfortable pair out there for now, we'll just have to wait and see how that plays out in the regular season in coverage.

Amigo_Bronco
07-31-2005, 05:04 PM
Have some patience with Browner. Keep in mind that due to his academic schedule he was the last player to report with the team. While the other players (including rookies) have practiced together since the QB camp, he's just getting his feet wet. If in one month he still looks lost, I'd be worried. Let's just be patient let's him get used to it and then we can judge.

jletourneau
07-31-2005, 05:08 PM
Have some patience with Browner. Keep in mind that due to his academic schedule he was the last player to report with the team. While the other players (including rookies) have practiced together since the QB camp, he's just getting his feet wet. If in one month he still looks lost, I'd be worried. Let's just be patient let's him get used to it and then we can judge.

I totally agree with you about patience with him. I just mean he's not really in line to take Ferguson's spot right now, understandably so. He's running third team safety, but isn't expected to come into a starters role this year, much more of a future contributor. He'll probably spend a year on the practice squad and then vie for playing time next year. When he does, I really expect him to be a good player. I hope the Broncos find a way to hold onto him in some capacity so he can develop.

Emancipator
08-02-2005, 09:29 AM
I think once he learns the position he will be superb in the safety position and can contribute as early as this season. Hopefully will be a backup alongside Chris Young and Sam Brandon.

Denver'sChamp
08-02-2005, 10:13 AM
How has Feugerson been progressing in camp. hopefully, he has been doing good. Bailey needs him for going against Owens and Bailey.

ttejuco
08-02-2005, 11:27 AM
Ok this is how it goes. Browner is unaturally large for the cornerback position. At 6'4 220, he could play safety or cornerback. He is about the same speed as Lenny Walls, however his coverage isnt as refined as the other corners. It would be safe to say that training Browner at the strong safety position is a better bet, because he is a solid hitter, a ball hawk, and could easily match up with a tight end. Jeremy LeSueur would be a better fit at FS. He is faster, plays good coverage, a ball hawk, and is also known to lay a hit. Needless to say, in the future, having Brandon Browner and Jeremy LeSueur in the secondary would be alot better than Sam Brandon and Chris Young as starters. Only time will tell, but it seems as though these young safeties are making alot of big plays in training camp.