PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Rice, a No show for camp?

Sam_Z
07-31-2005, 05:34 PM
Ok before I go any further, I'll set the record straight, by exsplaining that Jerry Rice had called Mike Shanahan on thurdays july 28th, the night before camp got under way. He told shanny that he was still in San Fransisco mulling a decision. It seems that Jerry was very distraut by what the media and all the so-called expserts have been saying about his Denver Bronco career. Heres the link, very interesting stuff, but I gotta add one more thing, Jerry is one hell of a guy! Peace Jerry and keep on rolling baby.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_2902416

Momentum
07-31-2005, 06:22 PM
Jerry do the right thing....

....demand a trade to the 49ers, catch Td 200, then retire. ;)

silkamilkamonic
07-31-2005, 07:14 PM
Word around here is Rice is already in Denver at camp.

Momentum
08-01-2005, 10:00 AM
--- Sam24 --- thank you for the link --- az

--- Mo --- KMA!!!

Very mature... idiot.

tcron1971
08-01-2005, 10:36 AM
You will have to check the New and Improved web-site to see that Rice is in camp and caught a pass from Van Pelt.

coloradoraider
08-01-2005, 01:05 PM
No such luck guys, Rice showed up for camp.

Mount-n-Groan
08-01-2005, 02:34 PM
It's amazing how a few talking heads in the sports world can get their opinion blasted through the airwaves by big time media, causing a chain reaction of more media reports that eventually start treating the original story (the opinion, as it was) as fact. I think the Broncos have been victims of this same sort of thing in the past (mainly with chop blocking), but this is something new.

This is obviously the story behind Mortensen's (et al.) report last week that he believed JR would retire before the start of the season. Jerry knew it didn't come from him, and hearing it come from the usually reliable sources that it did, he figured Shanny and the Broncos were saying "things" in Denver. When you're this close to retirement the smallest of things can make a big difference - why bother if you're not wanted....

Expert1: Jerry should retire.
Expert2: Jerry will retire.
Expert3: Jerry is retiring!!!
Expert1: Told you so.
Expert2: Told you so.
Expert3: Told you so. Go spread the word.

Media Man: BLAH BLAH BLAH
Jerry: What the....

(The media just can't let it go... even in this article.)

Jerry: Hey, coach. What the...?
Shanny: Don't believe those fools, you're good, & we want you.
Jerry: Okay, cool. I'm the man, I love football, I'm in.

MediaMan: "Who can be sure?"

Jerry: No, man. You don't understand. I meant what I said. I made quill. I'm IN.
Shanny: Jerry's the man, he means what he says, he made quill (but we can rip that up)... he's in.

MediaMan: But, "who knows what will happen during the course of this camp?"

Mount-n-Groan: Oh, brother... :rolleyes:

Who knows? I certainly don't, but it's interesting... and I'm hoping for the best, of course.

Jack Luminous
08-01-2005, 02:37 PM
Ok before I go any further, I'll set the record straight, by exsplaining that Jerry Rice had called Mike Shanahan on thurdays july 28th, the night before camp got under way. He told shanny that he was still in San Fransisco mulling a decision. It seems that Jerry was very distraut by what the media and all the so-called expserts have been saying about his Denver Bronco career. Heres the link, very interesting stuff, but I gotta add one more thing, Jerry is one hell of a guy! Peace Jerry and keep on rolling baby.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_2902416

Interesting, because the Home Pg shows video from yesterdays practice, and there is #19 catching a nice pass down the skinny post...

rcsodak
08-01-2005, 04:46 PM
Interesting, because the Home Pg shows video from yesterdays practice, and there is #19 catching a nice pass down the skinny post...
I got a different take from that article...

...in that, he was contemplating spending the time with his kids. He even asked them what they wanted him to do.

The media is nothing more than an electronic Enquirer..... :coffee:

Jack Luminous
08-01-2005, 07:11 PM

...in that, he was contemplating spending the time with his kids. He even asked them what they wanted him to do.

In the end, I doubt Jerry Rice will ever take a regular season snap for us.

Just my .02

Southstander
08-01-2005, 07:14 PM
Jerry do the right thing....

....demand a trade to the 49ers, catch Td 200, then retire. ;)

The Niners don't want him, He treid to fo there in the offseason but they said no

Sam_Z
08-02-2005, 05:44 AM

Yeah but I still believe the media sparked the whole idea.