PDA

View Full Version : Whats more difficult in the NFL...

Snake16
11-21-2003, 11:46 AM
Is it more difficult for an NFL team to go 16-0, regular season, or to win a Super Bowl or for any of us Broncos fans to understand hrsface @ all:cheeky:

Simple question and I am serious about the first part:)

orangenblue420
11-21-2003, 11:58 AM
Going 16-0.......No question. No one has done it since the 16 game season......someone wins a SB every year........the hardest thing ever would be 19-0......that would be a feat......

orangenblue420
11-21-2003, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by horseface
the actual question is: what means the most?

Obviously going 16-0 is the toughest thing to do...hands down...but does it really matter if that team doesn't win the Super Bowl?

Thats a good question, I would take a loss or two during the season for a SB win for sure.

Thats what must have been going through your minds, but now it's a MOOT point.................so sorry.............NOT.............LOL hahahahahaha

BroncoManiac_69
11-21-2003, 12:59 PM

Obviously going 16-0 is the toughest thing to do...hands down...but does it really matter if that team doesn't win the Super Bowl?

That is the million dollar question. The Super Bowl win is the goal of every team. A lossless record is irrelvant if you don't win the big prize.

GO BRONCOS!!

BroncoManiac_69
11-21-2003, 01:01 PM
One more thing.

If a team did happen to go 16-0, I think they would be exhausted from the effort and all the attention and would lose in the playoffs.

IMO

GO BRONCOS!!

AsianOrange
11-21-2003, 02:48 PM
Super Bowl.

If you win that, you are the victor.

bklynbronco
11-21-2003, 03:27 PM
once your go undefeated in the season the pressure is on not to lose cause if you do, as great as the 16-0 record is if you don't win it all it's a bust of a season because an undefeated team is not supposed to lose in the playoffs or the super bowl. Expectaton would be at its highest to win it all.

ozzy_osbourne
11-21-2003, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by Snake16
Is it more difficult for an NFL team to go 16-0, regular season, or to win a Super Bowl or for any of us Broncos fans to understand hrsface @ all:cheeky:

how about back to back SB's?

Snake16
11-21-2003, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by ozzy_osbourne
how about back to back SB's?

YES THE MOST AWESOME BRONCOS STAT EVER, & definately hard to do.

But my question is still just plain and simple. Screw "what it means" to anybody, going 16-0 IS PERFECTION. Somebody Wins the SB no matter what they did "REGULAR SEASON", it's litteraly Handed Out. We could have a team with a LOSER regular season record go and win the SB this season and to me that would TAINT the whole reason for "REGULAR SEASON" come on:duh:

I still stand by the FACT that going 16-0 IS the HARDEST thing to AHCIEVE in the NFL regardless of what happens Post Season. That being said the 2nd hardest thing to do in the NFL would be answering WHY you went 16-0 and then lost your first playoff game:eek:

Snake16
11-21-2003, 05:04 PM
of course it's the HARDEST thing to do...but not the most respected. Nothing is tainted when the SB trophy is won...regardless of regular season records

OK, SURE but a "losing record regular season team" stumbles upon a SB win "but just not the most respected" SB Championship team.

Pierce
11-22-2003, 12:36 AM

The Chiefs know all about choking in the playoffs after a good season... :cool:

The Chiefs fans around here are all expecting a SuperBowl...anything less would be a disappointment to them.

What a shame...:p

diehardbronco88
11-22-2003, 09:06 AM
there both possible but 19-0 is a HUGE challenge!....i have a solution............bring Elway back! im not sayin that jake is not good because he is, but look at the grease ball in miami. im still sticken to my opinion!....-RyAn-