PDA

View Full Version : best running back of alltime

stickyicky420
11-21-2003, 12:33 PM
In my opinion it has to be barry sanders to this day i havent seen another player with moves like that all this coming from a guy who hates to play pro football and played on a extremely bad team his entire career wasnt scott mitchell the starting qb most of the time.

Chronic_Toker
11-21-2003, 12:43 PM
I have to agree with you Sticky (not just cause I like your name). Could you imagine having Barry on a respectable team? The damage he could've done had the secondary's been kept honest would've been amazing. He moved like no other. It's a shame he left so early. BTW, Sticky, I'm wondering if it's as sticky where you're from as down here, FL, (of course you know what I'm talking about). We've been getting some funk down here lately.

BroncoManiac_69
11-21-2003, 12:55 PM
If you are talking about active backs, then yes. Barry Sanders.

Of all time? Walter Peyton

stickyicky420
11-21-2003, 12:57 PM
walter payton i admit he was up there but he had nothing on barry sanders in talent bo jackson was even better. and portis i feel ya im from vegas and the smoke been pretty bad lately to

BroncoManiac_69
11-21-2003, 01:04 PM
Say Hi to Michael Jackson. LMFAO! :goofy:

Chronic_Toker
11-21-2003, 01:09 PM
No, Sticky, I meant funk=great. We usually don't have much of a problem coming across the good stuff down here. I still do have to stick with my earlier statement though in that B. Sanders is the all time greatest.

stickyicky420
11-21-2003, 01:21 PM
after the summer here all you find is mexican swag

Chronic_Toker
11-21-2003, 01:23 PM
Yeah, I've had to settle for that before. But when there's nothing else, who's complaining?

stickyicky420
11-21-2003, 01:23 PM
it was a frenzy here yesterday they were following mj around in a helicopter for 2 hours while he zig zagged around town

COOLTOOL
11-21-2003, 01:39 PM
Athough he isn't as flashy a barry was, he's still probably right up there too. Granted, he as slowed down over the last few years, but he is the leading rusher of all time. Smith also help take his team to 3 Super bowls.

REMEMBER: Early 90's when the Cowboys were going to the Super Bowl. Emmitt was pratically un-stopable. I rather enjoyed the year they played San Francisco, when they had to re-sod 3-COM (formally Candlestick), because of rain. Everyone said it was going to be a difficult surface to play on. It was... for San Francisco. Emmitt made it look sooo easy.

stickyicky420
11-21-2003, 01:45 PM
he was great but heres my top 5

#1 barry sanders
#2 jim brown
#3 gale sayers
#4 tony dorrsett
#5 walter payton

ChiefsMang
11-21-2003, 02:31 PM
Barry Sanders. I feel very privileged that I got to see this man play. Remember when they thought he had extra ligiments in his knees?

Pierce
11-22-2003, 01:33 AM
If Terrell Davis' career was longer, I think he would've been in the mix as one of the best backs of all time. I agree with the assessment of Barry Sanders. That Detroit OL wasn't the greatest and he still posted incredible numbers.

Chris
11-22-2003, 07:49 AM
Terrell Davis will always be my favorite RB and favorite player.

BroncoCy
11-22-2003, 08:13 AM
Um, what about Emmitt Smith?

Aardwolf
11-22-2003, 12:25 PM
Without a doubt, Jim Brown was by far the greatest running back of all time. Hands down! No contest!

Jim Brown won the NFL Rushing title 8 times, which is TWICE as many as any other rusher in NFL history and he only played 9 seasons. There is a 5 way tie for #2 in lifetime NFL rushing titles. Steve Van Buren, OJ Simpson, Eric ****erson, Emitt Smith and Barry Sanders each won it 4 times.

Jim Brown also had the highest average gain per rush of all-time, 5.2 ypc, and is also the alltime leader in touchdowns per game, 1.07.

And don't forget, Jim Brown retired when he was only 29. The only way anybody ever beat Jim Brown was by playing longer but no one has ever played better.

ChadCollins
11-22-2003, 12:31 PM
U are forgetting----> Eric ****erson. If the guy played in LA the entire time, he would have 22 thousand yards right now. He played on some bad teams. I have never saw anything like ****erson, but I didnt see him toooooo much. Im almost 27, so I was somewhat young when he broke in. He is the man though.

Almost Heaven
11-22-2003, 12:37 PM
I don't know if barry would have been any better on a better team. The reason he ran like he did was cause he was running for his life most of the time. He is probably the best back though i think if BO Jackson finished his career and woulnd't have played baseball, there is your greatest back of all time. He was a freak of nature.

Trench777
11-22-2003, 07:28 PM
Honorable Mention: Earl Campbell. Maybe not the *best* back ever, but the guy was fun to watch, when he'd break one.

Crazie
11-22-2003, 09:02 PM
Not a one of you mentioned OJ Simpson. Sure he is a murderer but a damn good RB.

diehardbronco88
11-23-2003, 01:17 PM
come on guys....#1=portis
#2=davis....ect....do u feel me?!

Aardwolf
11-24-2003, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by Crazie
Not a one of you mentioned OJ Simpson. Sure he is a murderer but a damn good RB.

I mentioned Simpson.

Aardwolf
11-24-2003, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by ChadCollins
U are forgetting----> Eric ****erson. If the guy played in LA the entire time, he would have 22 thousand yards right now. He played on some bad teams. I have never saw anything like ****erson, but I didnt see him toooooo much. Im almost 27, so I was somewhat young when he broke in. He is the man though.

Uh, excuse me but how can you say I "forgot" someone that I credited with winning 4 NFL Rushing titles?

However, all that "If..." stuff proves nothing other than the guy was NOT the greatest, merely had great potential.

However, you DO make a good point. You NEVER saw Jim Brown play. Well, I saw BOTH Jim Brown and Eric ****erson and ****erson was a mere fart in the wind compared to Jim Brown.