PDA

View Full Version : Alexander over Putzier?

Sherlock21
08-02-2005, 11:38 AM
Denver Post Article (http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_2906692#)

Scroll down to the bottom of the article where it talks about position battles. Very interesting.

I was suprised to read this article. Have you guys that have been in camp seen any evidence to support this?

silkamilkamonic
08-02-2005, 11:52 AM
No way.

Putz will be the starting TE, at least the TE that catches passes.

topscribe
08-02-2005, 12:06 PM
No way.

Putz will be the starting TE, at least the TE that catches passes.
So . . . um . . . you didn't read the article, then?

-----

silkamilkamonic
08-02-2005, 12:07 PM
So . . . um . . . you didn't read the article, then?

-----

no I didn't.

sounds like maybe I should.

jletourneau
08-02-2005, 12:11 PM
During the practices I've been to so far, the starting offense has used a lot of double tight end sets. I think that trend will continue and both will see a lot of time. Plummer is favoring both TE's a lot. Alexander is clearly the better all around tight end, but hasn't been able to match Putzier in receiving. I can't recall Putzier dropping a ball yet that was put on his hands, I've seen Alexander botch two balls right in the bread basket.

Adrenaline
08-02-2005, 12:37 PM
Alexander over Jeb is good news. Why you ask. Well Jeb turned out to be a great player for us. Even in the offseason we knew there was something special in him so we gave him that contract to keep him out of New York. So if Alexander is looking better than Jeb thats great news. Because a simple signing just improved our receiving core. And if Alexander is looking better than Jeb that means he is doing very well.

Wonder how Nate is doing at TE :confused:

Glad to see my boy (adopt-a-bronco) Anderson doing good :D

topscribe
08-02-2005, 02:10 PM
During the practices I've been to so far, the starting offense has used a lot of double tight end sets. I think that trend will continue and both will see a lot of time. Plummer is favoring both TE's a lot. Alexander is clearly the better all around tight end, but hasn't been able to match Putzier in receiving. I can't recall Putzier dropping a ball yet that was put on his hands, I've seen Alexander botch two balls right in the bread basket.
Thanks, J-let. Sounds like Jeb is still there at the front.
Sounds as if we have two good TEs.

-----

defense!!!
08-02-2005, 05:29 PM
Alexander is the BEST blocking tight end. So both tight ends will be featured.

Sam_Z
08-02-2005, 05:56 PM
I think Shanny wanted to use two tight end sets from the get go but at the end of the season if Alexander plays well, Putz will then be traded. Just to clear salary cap space!

silkamilkamonic
08-02-2005, 06:03 PM
I think Shanny wanted to use two tight end sets from the get go but at the end of the season if Alexander plays well, Putz will then be traded. Just to clear salary cap space!

I agree with that, but only if we drafted TE Mercedes Lewis out of UCLA next year.

Our offense needs a recieving threat at TE and Alexander just isn't that.

towels
08-02-2005, 06:05 PM
I think Shanahan would keep the player that's younger and has more potential. I'd chalk up the article to keeping people interested in the pre-written bio. :P

Sherlock21
08-03-2005, 08:54 AM
Wondering if Patrick Hape's days are numbered.

topscribe
08-03-2005, 09:02 AM
Alexander is the BEST blocking tight end. So both tight ends will be featured.
Well, actually, Alexander was used a lot as a slot receiver in college,
and he has superior speed for a TE. So his receiving isn't bad, either.

-----

AsianOrange
08-03-2005, 09:30 AM
I think the depth charts don't matter for TEs....because Denver utilizes a multiple TE set. So you will see Alexander and Putzier out there at the same time.

Patrick hape will remain the short line end. I see success in the TE posistion.

PutzierChic06
08-03-2005, 03:29 PM
Wow. This all is happening fast.
Before camp everyone was all Putz Putz now its Alexander.
I hope Putzier will get the starting spot. Both will get a lot of playing time this year for we will use two TE sets. I just hope we start hearing more about Putzier and how he is doing im camp soon.

Sherlock21
08-04-2005, 01:08 AM
It appears Leach is getting an opportunity to shine as well. He had a pretty good "pass catching" day on TD 6. It's all speculation right now, and a lot of the times this early on, they are just trying to get players reps.

Training camp is all about finding out what kind of talent you have and going with what you think will help your team out the most. Early on everyone gets a look, and it's exciting to speculate when the "unknowns" make big plays. But, the TE, seems to be more of a strength than as I had thought it would be. Thats pretty exciting in itself.