PDA

View Full Version : 3-4 Defense

BroncosB2B
08-02-2005, 01:36 PM
Don't know if this has been posted/asked, w/e, you get my point.

Have we been practicing much using the 3-4? How is that looking? Who is playing the NT in the 3-4 looks?

silkamilkamonic
08-02-2005, 01:59 PM
From what I have been reading we haven't been working on the 3-4 at all, and it looks more and more like we won't be.

KnightOLB53
08-02-2005, 02:08 PM
Watching those video highlights i swear i saw us line up in a 3-4 and that is when Wilson got an interception.

silkamilkamonic
08-02-2005, 02:17 PM
Haven't seen any camp so I'm not sure, just reading people's thoughts it hasn't sounded like we were using any.

It would be nice if we did.

Jack Luminous
08-02-2005, 03:02 PM
I have yet to see single set of 3-4 at all in the four practices I have attended.

Mat'hir Uth Gan
08-02-2005, 03:23 PM
They have lined up in it a few times, mainly in nickel situations. There was a report a few days ago commenting on it. Still, with all the D-linemen we've acquired, obviously the 3-4 has been scrapped as a point of emphasis at this time. Which is unfortunate, I'm a big supporter of that style of defense.

BroncosB2B
08-02-2005, 03:27 PM
They have lined up in it a few times, mainly in nickel situations. There was a report a few days ago commenting on it. Still, with all the D-linemen we've acquired, obviously the 3-4 has been scrapped as a point of emphasis at this time. Which is unfortunate, I'm a big supporter of that style of defense.

Yep, why do you think the Chargers were able to shut down our running game? 3-4 defense...

DiehardinAlaska
08-02-2005, 07:20 PM
Sorry I didn't look up the link but there was definitely a report with Chukwurah playing in the 3-4. But they didn't detail who else was out there. I remember a post on nickle pash rush that had Trevor moving inside with Ekuban and Brown but I can't remember if it was Myers who inside or Warren with Pryce.

JRWIZ
08-02-2005, 09:49 PM
Yep, why do you think the Chargers were able to shut down our running game? 3-4 defense...

I was under the impression that it was because we were able to Pass on them and did not need the run to get ball control for
Week three

san DEN
Total Net Yards 214 328
Total Plays 64 58
Average Gain 3.3 5.7

DEN san
Total Net Yards 337 208
Total Plays 66 64
Average Gain 5.1 3.2

Had it not been for the 4 here you can have my pass, picks it would have been a butt ungly game for SAN.

3-6-DEN39 (13:33) (Shotgun) J.Plummer pass intended for J.Putzier INTERCEPTED by D.Florence at DEN 43. D.Florence to DEN 43 for no gain (J.Putzier). BOunched right out of Putz s hand to SAN.

Only had to go 43 yards to score.

1-10-DEN20 (1:31) J.Plummer pass INTERCEPTED by S.Phillips at DEN 17. S.Phillips to DEN 17 for no gain (G.Foster).

Only had to go 17 yards to score.

4-10-SD25 (8:34) J.Elam 43 yard field goal is No Good, Wide Left, Center-M.Leach, Holder-M.Knorr.

2-9-SD38 (7:44) J.Plummer pass intended for D.Carswell INTERCEPTED by S.Foley (R.Godfrey) at SD 38. S.Foley to SD 42 for 4 yards (T.Nalen).

Once again tipped off his hands.

1-7-SD7 (3:45) J.Plummer pass intended for R.Smith INTERCEPTED by J.Wilson (D.Florence) at SD 7. Touchback.

Floated off Rod fingere tips 90% of the time he makes that catch.

BUTT UGLY.

Duilen
08-03-2005, 01:57 AM
1-7-SD7 (3:45) J.Plummer pass intended for R.Smith INTERCEPTED by J.Wilson (D.Florence) at SD 7. Touchback.

Floated off Rod fingere tips 90% of the time he makes that catch.

If I remember right that didint float through Rods fingers. The DB had excellent position and it bounced off his helmet as Rod was bringing it in.

JRWIZ
08-03-2005, 07:01 AM
If I remember right that didint float through Rods fingers. The DB had excellent position and it bounced off his helmet as Rod was bringing it in.

Unless the guys was helmet was 10 feet off the ground near Rods finger tips I don't think that was the case, the pass was intentionally high, designed for Rod to go for the jump ball. A catch he and Jake have worked on for all the time they have been together, something that they complete about 90% of the time.

You may want to go back and look at this play again, I think you are incorrect.

BoWdY
08-03-2005, 08:09 PM
ya know all of this talk about how we need to change to a 3-4 so that we can shut down the damn colts like NE did the last couple of years is just that TALK!! have yall forgotten that we have had one of the best, toughest, and most opportunistic defense each of the past couple years i dont think that just because our previous lacking in the secondary should have any effect on our decision to completely change our defense around. just because we change our front 7 doesnt mean that Manning is not still gonna torch us again, we need to focus on the real problem and that is inexperience at the Corner(obviously not Champ) and the whoever winds up playing back there with Lynch