PDA

View Full Version : Tatum Bell

defense!!!
08-03-2005, 09:57 AM
I was watching the Broncos TV Day 5 highlights and I only saw one decent run from Tatum. The good runs came from Clarett and Anderson. Can anybody in training camp please tell me what's going on with Bell? :confused:

silkamilkamonic
08-03-2005, 12:34 PM
From what I'm understanding, it's looking more and more like maybe Bell isn't the RB the organization was hoping for at this point, unfortunately.

RunnersParadise
08-03-2005, 12:42 PM
Are you sserious? HE's supposed t o be the next Portis Damit!

diesel51
08-03-2005, 12:47 PM
With all the Q/TB bashing that has went on in the past year, MA could wind up the starter this year with MC the back of the future.

BOY DO I FEEL SHEEPISH!!! :eek:

txsbronco
08-03-2005, 01:17 PM
He reminds me of the cowardly lion....no heart....you can't play that postion at the highschool level, college or pro level without it. Maybe he has the fortitude to find it, cowboy the #$%^ up and be a player...untill then.. here is your sideline hat MR. Anderson, great 40 yard TD run MC.

Emancipator
08-03-2005, 01:19 PM
I heard Bell was doing fine. The other backs are doing fine too. Mike Anderson is getting most reps. Mike Shannahan is trying to make an assessment on his health and injury status. They want to see just were Mike Anderson is on his comeback trail. Remember, Mike can be used as trade bait.

mark1177
08-03-2005, 01:27 PM
I have watched the highlights as well and haven't seen much explosiveness from Bell. Everyone though that last years RB would be Q until they saw Mike pounding it out in the preseason and looking great. (Until the injury) I think unfortunately we wont know until we see them play. :confused: Any one got to this mornings practice? I donít want to wait until the highlights to know how the guys are looking. :ugh:

Momentum
08-03-2005, 01:28 PM
He reminds me of the cowardly lion....no heart....you can't play that postion at the highschool level, college or pro level without it. Maybe he has the fortitude to find it, cowboy the #$%^ up and be a player...untill then.. here is your sideline hat MR. Anderson, great 40 yard TD run MC.

I dont think he antcipated fighting for the job after Reub got traded.

hrdnokd
08-03-2005, 05:47 PM
Bell hasn't answered the bell from what I've read and seen. This RB jos is earned, not given to you. MA knows that and he's running like the hammers of he!!

BoWdY
08-03-2005, 08:03 PM
Whether or not Bell pans out is not the important thing here, the most important things is that we have one of if not the deepest backfield in the league. Bell can get it done from what i have seen, we know that MA run all over defenses and he doesnt seem to have lost a step, Q can get the job done when he is back to 100%, Dayne has proven that he can be a dependable situational back, and then theres Mo who could be the back that we have been looking for since TD went down(thats a big maybe), Dont sleep on Cecil Sapp even though he will most likely be a FB but so was Droughns before he started last season. im not at all worried because Kubiak has a knack for finding someone that can tote the rock for 1000 yds. thats my 2 cents anyway

Emancipator
08-04-2005, 08:26 AM
I want him to win the job. That means he can block, hold on to the ball, his shoes, and catch and run explosive.

Man the speed, the speed , the speed. Speed kills no matter what you are doing.

RBDynasty
08-04-2005, 09:38 AM
I dont think he antcipated fighting for the job after Reub got traded.Exactly. He assumed it was automatically his job and that mistake may cost him.

This is going to be a sweet pre-season watching all those runningbacks duke it out. I don't care who it is in the end as long as they can perform.

RBDynasty
08-04-2005, 09:39 AM
I want him to win the job. That means he can block, hold on to the ball, his shoes, and catch and run explosive.

Man the speed, the speed , the speed. Speed kills no matter what you are doing.Speed helps but it doesn't mean jack if you can't block, read blocks, catch, hold on to the ball, etc...

JRWIZ
08-04-2005, 10:41 AM
I dont think he antcipated fighting for the job after Reub got traded.

Amazing that some of these punks have to be told to go to work an in Rods case case has to tell them to get off their cell phnes and go to work. To busy talkin to the home boys.

Bell has really never impressed me. BUt I just want the best man toting the rock, whether it be MA, Q, tater, BIg MO or God help us the other RD.

Ulitmately It hink it will be Big MO. Just has way to many things going for him.

Power, size and Mikeys reputation.

JRWIZ
08-04-2005, 10:45 AM
Speed helps but it doesn't mean jack if you can't block, read blocks, catch, hold on to the ball, etc...

remember the fumble last year ran 54 yards and 5 more yards and it would have been another TD for us. With a big rally started, instead lost the momentum.

Got carless and it cost us big time.

defense!!!
08-04-2005, 11:00 AM
Are you sserious? HE's supposed t o be the next Portis Damit!

Not anymore. :ugh:

BANJOPICKER1
08-04-2005, 11:01 AM
I think since MA is working his tail off again for the starting spot and showing up all the other rb's,he is earning the spot.I dont think it should be given to anyone who does not have the fire and right now,MA has only one burning desire!!!

GOOOOOOOOOOOO BRONCOS!!!

JRWIZ
08-04-2005, 01:23 PM
Tater "no balls" Bell

(Could catch on).

Maybe he is off the roids.

Has he met a girl lately or just read to much on this forum about him being the greatest thing since slice bread.

JRWIZ
08-04-2005, 01:25 PM
Is this the begining of the mass migration off the tater wagon?

All the bell is a beast folks bailing on him.

The Champ
08-04-2005, 05:44 PM
Tatum bell is said to be catching up with MA.

I'm wondering how it sounded a couple years ago when Portis was in camp?

Portis fumbled a ****load too...

watchthemiddle
08-04-2005, 06:24 PM
I was watching the Broncos TV Day 5 highlights and I only saw one decent run from Tatum. The good runs came from Clarett and Anderson. Can anybody in training camp please tell me what's going on with Bell? :confused:

I have been out to camp and saw Tatum and MA in person. I can say that at this point MA looked very impressive and is running very hard and its like he is trying to show the coaches that his is recovered from his inj and has regained his form from his rookie season.

As for Tatum, don't go by what you only see on the video on this website. Its about 45 seconds long and they show one clip. When I saw Tatum get the ball, his speed to the outside was phenominal. I think he does have the skills in him and the power to be the feature back.

Whoever it is that Shanahan decides will be a great choice.

Xengage-eightX
08-04-2005, 11:44 PM
i think the most important thing aside from the starter and the depth at the position, is that we have runners who can perform at their peak in different situations. We have speed and power backs....and backs who can do a little or a lot of both. My prediction is that the spell back will be very close to the starter in yards and ahead in touchdowns. i dont know who the starter will be, however im leaning towards Bell just because of the seperation he is able to get once he finds his seam. its our best chance for breaking long runs. however if anderson shows hes gonna put up 4-5 yrds a carry how can u deny him the spot. only time will tell, but rest assured, we will have a 1200 yrd rusher

thunter_24
08-05-2005, 07:23 AM
Give me a break. In one week you can determine who is and isn't gonna play. You all seen what Bell could do last year. If MA wins the job so be it. Quit thinkin you guys actually know whats going on in camp!

broncodanny
08-05-2005, 05:22 PM
I think it will be Ron Dayne... i was there today he looked great

ColRockies_5
08-05-2005, 06:55 PM
MAN!!!

I just drafted Tatum in the 4th round in my fantasy draft...

ebsoria
08-05-2005, 09:21 PM
MAN!!!

I just drafted Tatum in the 4th round in my fantasy draft...

Thats gonna prove to be a steal! And to answer a question from above... NO, I am one who is nOT jumping off the wagon. If this year does not prove to be his year, there is next year. Maybe this will give him a chance to "grow-up", once he realizes that he NEEDS to work. And that is something he will pick up from this as well as Rod and Jerry beating it into him a lttile.

rcsodak
08-05-2005, 10:24 PM
I heard Bell was doing fine. The other backs are doing fine too. Mike Anderson is getting most reps. Mike Shannahan is trying to make an assessment on his health and injury status. They want to see just were Mike Anderson is on his comeback trail. Remember, Mike can be used as trade bait.

At 32 years OLD?
Get serious, Eman.
MA will either make it with denver or no where.

You trade players that have VALUE left in them.
Granted, he's had a late start in life, but he's still the same age.

Trade bait would be tater, but what has he shown, Q, but he's not 100%, dayne, if he can show it WAS the giants, and clarett, if he can prove he's as good as he says he is.....

rcsodak
08-05-2005, 10:28 PM
Whether or not Bell pans out is not the important thing here, the most important things is that we have one of if not the deepest backfield in the league. Bell can get it done from what i have seen, we know that MA run all over defenses and he doesnt seem to have lost a step, Q can get the job done when he is back to 100%, Dayne has proven that he can be a dependable situational back, and then theres Mo who could be the back that we have been looking for since TD went down(thats a big maybe), Dont sleep on Cecil Sapp even though he will most likely be a FB but so was Droughns before he started last season. im not at all worried because Kubiak has a knack for finding someone that can tote the rock for 1000 yds. thats my 2 cents anyway

Kube isn't the RB coach....he's the OC, and Sapp won't ever be more than a FB if I heard Shanny correctly......

rcsodak
08-05-2005, 10:29 PM
Not anymore. :ugh:

Only in the fans' eyes........

rcsodak
08-05-2005, 10:38 PM
Thats gonna prove to be a steal! And to answer a question from above... NO, I am one who is nOT jumping off the wagon. If this year does not prove to be his year, there is next year. Maybe this will give him a chance to "grow-up", once he realizes that he NEEDS to work. And that is something he will pick up from this as well as Rod and Jerry beating it into him a lttile.

I am so sick of hearing that same excuse for these overpaid playboys.....

For those of you that work for a living.....how long did it take for you to take your first job seriously?

I was a nervous nelly for the first few months, and working my tail off to impress the boss. When I completed a task, I went over it so many times to make sure I didn't screw up, that I'd have re-do it from wearing it out.

These 'kids' are given the chance of a lifetime, by getting drafted. And being offered more to play a game, than people risking their lives are making in their lifetimes!
If they can't "grow-up" and realize their dreams have come true, then they should be shown the door, and ostracized from the league.

HanesOnU
08-06-2005, 05:56 PM

Your joking right? If you can't play RB at HS or college without heart, then how did Tatum do so well in both? That is a huge contradiction. I don't know what is going on with Tatum. I haven't watched anything. All I know is that it is training camp. Give the guys some time. When the pre-season roles around and Tatum still looks bad, then you have to worry.

Ravage!!!
08-06-2005, 07:33 PM
what is this "has no heart" junk? Who's the source of this? Who is the one saying that Tatum doesn't look good at camp? SOmeone that was "there watching?" Someone that was sitting with his camera and binoculars, seeing the players practice?? COme on. There hasn't been anything said by anyone that would suggest that Tatum is anything less than what we saw at the end of last year. HE played HARD..a nd played hard with a badly injured shoulder. I look for Bell to STILL be the starter.. and I have some high hopes for him.

I personally feel that the ones against Bell at this point in his career, are the ones that are the Q supporters. It just seems that the ones that wanted Q to be the main guy.. have tired of defending Q against those that wanted Bell in the starting lineup... thus causing them to talk down on Tatum.. when he didn't do anything other than just get drafted.

JRWIZ
08-06-2005, 08:28 PM
what is this "has no heart" junk? Who's the source of this? Who is the one saying that Tatum doesn't look good at camp? SOmeone that was "there watching?" Someone that was sitting with his camera and binoculars, seeing the players practice?? COme on. There hasn't been anything said by anyone that would suggest that Tatum is anything less than what we saw at the end of last year. HE played HARD..a nd played hard with a badly injured shoulder. I look for Bell to STILL be the starter.. and I have some high hopes for him.

I personally feel that the ones against Bell at this point in his career, are the ones that are the Q supporters. It just seems that the ones that wanted Q to be the main guy.. have tired of defending Q against those that wanted Bell in the starting lineup... thus causing them to talk down on Tatum.. when he didn't do anything other than just get drafted.

Txbronc was the loinheart on this one.

I could care less who strats as long as they earn it. Whether it be Q cause I like his heart, tater, Great Dane, MA cause he keeps on huffina d puffin (hopefully just clear air) or who I think will be the RB sometime this year Big MO.

They just have to earn it.

rcsodak
08-06-2005, 08:32 PM
Your joking right? If you can't play RB at HS or college without heart, then how did Tatum do so well in both? That is a huge contradiction. I don't know what is going on with Tatum. I haven't watched anything. All I know is that it is training camp. Give the guys some time. When the pre-season roles around and Tatum still looks bad, then you have to worry.

And just because HOU is from OSU land, don't let that become an issue........ :coffee:

:cheers:

rcsodak
08-06-2005, 08:34 PM

Rav, quit already, with your "Q this", "Q that", will you?
Only you could tie the two together, ya Q hater.....

nas1
08-06-2005, 09:23 PM
PLAY THE YEAR OUT WITH RB BY COMMITY ACCEPT THE BEST TRADE AT YEAR'S END THEN USE ONE OF OUR 2 NO.1s TO GET DeANGELO WILLIAMS. TB'S PAD LEVEL IS TOO HIGH, THIS IS WHY HE GETS HIS DAILY DOSE OF JACKED UP EVERYDAY.SON NEEDS TO BE ELUSIVE AND START THROWING BOWS. TATUM HAS ALOT OF US IN HIS CORNER, BUT IF HE DIDN'T COME TO FIGHT HE SHOULD NOT HAVE GOTTEN IN THE RING. MAN-UP TATUM!

mrsolo
08-06-2005, 09:24 PM

No Ravage, most of the people that have mentioned bell looking lazy have NOT been the "Q-supporters". They are people who are going to the camp and watching and giving their own opinions. There is nothing wrong with that. I don't think their like/dislike for Q or any other back has ANYTHING to do with it. It's more than likely the fact that we all....well most of us...felt going into camp that it's Tatum's job to lose. Expecting Tatum to be the stud back that many forsee would make someone a little more critical when he appears sluggish, lazy, etc. Don't turn this into a stupid Q vs Tatum thing. That's been over for a long time as far as I can tell.

I followed the Q/Tatum saga pretty closely and remember a good number of the posters. Some of these reporting that Tatum has looked lazy WERE/ARE Tatum supporters.

txsbronco
08-06-2005, 10:01 PM
HanesonU...that statement was said because he I felt that tater came into camp thinking he had the job...also based on what I read on TC reports from this thread. IMOP just like JR said I don't care who carries the mail, just win..tatem hands down is the most exsplosive back they have...but in your 2nd yr in the nfl and you can't show heart and pride at being the best, and going out and proving it at practice everyday...then you have no heart....does he have the desire to do it everyday, carry, play?????I don't know. I hope he gets that heart because every time he carries the rock he is A HOME RUN THREAT. NOT HATING just pointing out some posible flaws in character..think about it .

Ravage!!!
08-06-2005, 10:16 PM
No Ravage, most of the people that have mentioned bell looking lazy have NOT been the "Q-supporters". They are people who are going to the camp and watching and giving their own opinions. There is nothing wrong with that. I don't think their like/dislike for Q or any other back has ANYTHING to do with it. It's more than likely the fact that we all....well most of us...felt going into camp that it's Tatum's job to lose. Expecting Tatum to be the stud back that many forsee would make someone a little more critical when he appears sluggish, lazy, etc. Don't turn this into a stupid Q vs Tatum thing. That's been over for a long time as far as I can tell.

I followed the Q/Tatum saga pretty closely and remember a good number of the posters. Some of these reporting that Tatum has looked lazy WERE/ARE Tatum supporters.

Ok.. I didn't mean to sound like I was turning this into a Q v Tatum thing. Thats not what I want. But I still don't understand, where the 'reports' of Tatum lacking is coming from. If its just from people going to camps and watching... then I guess I need more. Personally, I just don't feel the average fan from the street, enjoying the camps...can be called a talent evaluator. Thats not trying to insult anyone.. I just thought someone might have been quoting a more official source.

Emancipator
08-06-2005, 11:30 PM
I like Mike Anderson, but I think Shannahan is using him as trade bait for the season. Mark my words on this one. Bell will be the starter on opening day.

mrsolo
08-07-2005, 10:42 AM
Ok.. I didn't mean to sound like I was turning this into a Q v Tatum thing. Thats not what I want. But I still don't understand, where the 'reports' of Tatum lacking is coming from. If its just from people going to camps and watching... then I guess I need more. Personally, I just don't feel the average fan from the street, enjoying the camps...can be called a talent evaluator. Thats not trying to insult anyone.. I just thought someone might have been quoting a more official source.

I guess it just depends on who is going to camp and watching. Some long time fans have watched/played football all their lives and might know quite a bit about the game. Others may just be seeing spot plays where maybe there was no hole, play broke down, etc. I wish I was there to watch for myself. I've watched, played, and even done a little coaching(little league). I'm not saying I could give an "expert" opinion, but it would clear things up a bit in my mind.

As far as Tatum vs Q, you may remember I've been on of Q's biggest supporters, being an OU fan since birth. I've never been a Tatum basher though. I've commented on his fumbling problem in college, but that's about it. I still remember his freshman year at OSU, 2000 I think. It was the year OU won the Nat Championship. Tatum came in on a sweep an went for about 75 yards for their only touchdown. All I could think was..."man, we're gonna have to deal with this guy for the next couple of years."

I hope the 'rumors' about him being lazy or not working hard are just rumors. He has a TON of potential and physical ability. He could be something really special. He's just gonna have to earn his chance. :beer:

JRWIZ
08-07-2005, 05:50 PM
HanesonU...that statement was said because he I felt that tater came into camp thinking he had the job...also based on what I read on TC reports from this thread. IMOP just like JR said I don't care who carries the mail, just win..tatem hands down is the most exsplosive back they have...but in your 2nd yr in the nfl and you can't show heart and pride at being the best, and going out and proving it at practice everyday...then you have no heart....does he have the desire to do it everyday, carry, play?????I don't know. I hope he gets that heart because every time he carries the rock he is A HOME RUN THREAT. NOT HATING just pointing out some posible flaws in character..think about it .

Outstanding post, While I don't think personally that speed is everything it sre beat s slow and plodding.

My personal favorite is Q, I like the "I've got you in my sights and gonna nail you, how did he make the cut" kinda runner. That is more exciting to me.

But getting back to the post, whoever starts is gonna have to win the job. No heir apparent with all this talent on the sidleines. If tater wins opk but from what folks have said he is NO LOCK at this point.

It just might be RBBC for awhile until someone really stands head and shoulders above everyone else. NO SHORT JOKES HERE please.

txsbronco
08-07-2005, 08:38 PM
Outstanding post, While I don't think personally that speed is everything it sre beat s slow and plodding.

My personal favorite is Q, I like the "I've got you in my sights and gonna nail you, how did he make the cut" kinda runner. That is more exciting to me.

But getting back to the post, whoever starts is gonna have to win the job. No heir apparent with all this talent on the sidleines. If tater wins opk but from what folks have said he is NO LOCK at this point.

It just might be RBBC for awhile until someone really stands head and shoulders above everyone else. NO SHORT JOKES HERE please.

jr i think this is the first post where it won't be ww3...maybe..speed can't be coached, you may make someone quicker but you can't coach the home run....you coach him on where he needs to be...what crease he needs to hit...and hold on to the ball...i know you like the little bug...watched him play in highschool, college..ask youself on third and 1 will he get the hard yard...no but after bug was hurt they got alot more of those hard yards....what is exiting to me is 2nd and 4-5 to go...keep hammering away and wear donw a defense, force them to bring the safeties down to stop the run and throw play action over the top.

you are right about the job being up for grabs....RBBC is not a bad thing... fresh legs wins ball games in the 4th...been there and done it...2 kids 2500yds in 12 games..and alot of unhappy daddies..did'nt like their kids splitting time.

mrsolo
08-07-2005, 08:46 PM
jr i think this is the first post where it won't be ww3...maybe..speed can't be coached, you may make someone quicker but you can't coach the home run....you coach him on where he needs to be...what crease he needs to hit...and hold on to the ball...i know you like the little bug...watched him play in highschool, college..ask youself on third and 1 will he get the hard yard...no but after bug was hurt they got alot more of those hard yards....what is exiting to me is 2nd and 4-5 to go...keep hammering away and wear donw a defense, force them to bring the safeties down to stop the run and throw play action over the top.

you are right about the job being up for grabs....RBBC is not a bad thing... fresh legs wins ball games in the 4th...been there and done it...2 kids 2500yds in 12 games..and alot of unhappy daddies..did'nt like their kids splitting time.

You really should stop calling him the little bug. I'm sure you wouldn't call him that to his face. It's really childish and makes you sound as if you are 11 or 12 years old. :duh:

rcsodak
08-07-2005, 10:37 PM
You really should stop calling him the little bug. I'm sure you wouldn't call him that to his face. It's really childish and makes you sound as if you are 11 or 12 years old. :duh:
:beer: ...........

JRWIZ
08-07-2005, 11:10 PM

While yor correct about wering down the D if theya re all over the field trying to stop Q it accomplishes the same thing. Does it not?

I'll take a Barry Sanders type runner over a RD style plodding and yes he does on occasion carry the tackler a couple of extra yards and that is nice but if you have someone the is faked out of the jock strap trying to make the tackle which is better?

Getting 5+ yards a carry vs 3.8 I'll take 5+ whether it is tater, Big MO or Q given the same blocking both can suceed IMHO.

Reidman
08-07-2005, 11:45 PM
I realize everybody has there favorites but come on people, does it really matter who gets the starting nod? I don't care if it's Bell, Anderson, Q, Clarett or....well maybe not Dayne, but you get the point. :duh:
The fact is, WE WILL HAVE AN AWESOME RUNNING GAME. I mean look at all the talent there. Whoever starts may not even finish, that has been the norm in recent years.
My point is, we have potential starters in any of these guys and that can only spell success for us, no matter who's taking the opening handoff Sept. 11.

Peerless
08-08-2005, 08:13 AM
The thing with Bell...... lazy, sluggish, it is training camp/ preseason. He did get injured last year so maybe he's taking it a little easier?

mrsolo
08-08-2005, 08:50 AM
The thing with Bell...... lazy, sluggish, it is training camp/ preseason. He did get injured last year so maybe he's taking it a little easier?

The problem with taking it easy is that you portray the attitude that "I don't have to work hard to get the job". It would be different if Mike Anderson wasn't busting his tail, being the oldest of the backs and coming off a season ending injury last year. As you get older, it takes longer to heal, yet he's going at it full steam.

RBDynasty
08-08-2005, 10:31 AM
The problem with taking it easy is that you portray the attitude that "I don't have to work hard to get the job". It would be different if Mike Anderson wasn't busting his tail, being the oldest of the backs and coming off a season ending injury last year. As you get older, it takes longer to heal, yet he's going at it full steam.He's probably accustomed to working that hard being a Marine and all.

HanesOnU
08-08-2005, 11:51 AM
And just because HOU is from OSU land, don't let that become an issue........ :coffee:

DId I say different? That post was full of contradictions. IF you have to have heart to play in college, then TAtum had heart. But then txbronco said he didn't have heart.

While I don't post here, I've been a Bronco fan for a long time. Before any OSU players were on the team. NOw I just have more of a reason to post. When Q(a OU alum) was starting, I was enjoying the show(despite his ties) until he started fumbling. I just think people put to much stock into this short period before anything has been played.