PDA

View Full Version : How good is Jake?

Return of Lava
11-21-2003, 07:09 PM
Consider this, without Jake in the game, Broncos have averaged about 275 yards per game on offense, ranking 29th. With plummer IN the game, Broncos jump up to around 382 yards a game! Enough to be 2nd only to Minn's 385! Can you say................damn!

Return of Lava
11-21-2003, 07:25 PM
Also, one step further, without Jake, Broncos give up about 300 yards on defense ranking 9th, but when jake plays, broncos give up about 240 yards, which is still 2nd place but about 30 less yards per game. Those 30 less yards could lead to about 3 more wins. I didnt even like this guy at first but he made me a believer.

FLbronco
11-21-2003, 08:00 PM
He has made me a believer! Look at Rod's numbers without him. Or look at Sharpe's! Griese is floundering with the fish! I guess we can't question THE BRAIN anymore!

EddiMac87
11-21-2003, 08:09 PM
Great talent plus a quaterback friendly system equals production. I think Jake has played very well after that slow start against the Bengals. As long as he stays healthy, I think he is going to have some great numbers over the next few years and hopefully a ring or 2.

Elway
11-21-2003, 09:30 PM
Well of course when you are mobile and can enfore the ball control offense, the defense is on the field less, plays with more energy and the other team gets less chances to rack up yards.
Jake is definately a difference maker.

TXBRONC
11-21-2003, 10:16 PM
Plummer is proving to be wise choice and certainly better than Griese.

Return of Lava
11-21-2003, 11:08 PM
Him and Portis have combined to score 30, 37, 31, 24, and 38! An average of 32 points. This is beautiful stuff here do you realize?

Pierce
11-22-2003, 01:36 AM
I was initially worried about Plummer, coming from an awful Arizona Cardinals system. However, it goes to show that Shanahan was able to see a true talent in Plummer when many people were skeptical.

Chris
11-22-2003, 07:36 AM
Actually I think even shanahan was suprised

How good is the snake? I'll tell you at the end of the season, he's been good so far...but can he be great or simply continue his high level of play?

TXBRONC
11-22-2003, 11:06 AM
If Shanahan had had severe doubts I doubts about Jake I don't think he would have ever signed him. As I recall before Mike had ever had Jake come in talk, he and the other coaches did a lot of film study on Jake and they came to the conclusion that a many of his int's were the result of having to play from behind most of the time.

Crazie
11-22-2003, 11:16 AM
Plummer has always been good. He just never had the team to back him up. Now he does...good choice on picking up this guy.

jake meffley
11-22-2003, 12:08 PM
no doubt plummer has been great, but there's a little more to the story. plummer played san diego (twice), oakland, cinci, kc, and detroit.

the games he missed were against minnesota (before they collapsed), new england, pittsburgh (who may be struggling but had the #1 defense at the time), and baltimore.

i dont mean to take anything away from him but you tell me which group is more formidable.

that said, thankfully he's back and there's no doubt he brings the necessary leadership and mobility to be a playmaker. so far im sold, but im very curious to see what happens when he plays kc (again), indy, and green bay.

jake

Return of Lava
11-22-2003, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by jake meffley
no doubt plummer has been great, but there's a little more to the story. plummer played san diego (twice), oakland, cinci, kc, and detroit.

the games he missed were against minnesota (before they collapsed), new england, pittsburgh (who may be struggling but had the #1 defense at the time), and baltimore.
i knew somebody would bring that up sooner or later lol

jake meffley
11-22-2003, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Return of Lava
i knew somebody would bring that up sooner or later lol

i tried to put the caviat in there as to avoid anyone taking offense, but facts are facts. again, i never meant to take ANYTHING away from jake. as i said there is no doubt that jake is a difference maker and im THRILLED to have him. i just am anxious to see what he does against stiffer competition. im gaining more confidence in him more each week, and i foresee a bright orange plummer jersey in my future.

its important to win the easy games, and im thrilled to see that he does that convincingly. now he needs to take it to the next level and take care of the kc, indy, and gb's of the league

jake

Return of Lava
11-22-2003, 03:43 PM
i tried to put the caviat in there as to avoid anyone taking offense, but facts are facts. again, i never meant to take ANYTHING away from jake. as i said there is no doubt that jake is a difference maker and im THRILLED to have him. i just am anxious to see what he does against stiffer competition. im gaining more confidence in him more each week, and i foresee a bright orange plummer jersey in my future.

its important to win the easy games, and im thrilled to see that he does that convincingly. now he needs to take it to the next level and take care of the kc, indy, and gb's of the league

jake i see what you are saying

Crazie
11-22-2003, 08:33 PM

jake

heh I still don't see why everyone is so frightened of GB

Return of Lava
11-22-2003, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by Crazie
heh I still don't see why everyone is so frightened of GB im not scared of GB but i know they wont be easy

Eldritch
11-22-2003, 08:55 PM
True, you can also measure Jake by the quality of the opposition he's faced. That's fair.

However, who's to say he won't respond even more positively? Just as teams and players play down to their opponent's level, they also play up.

I for one am excited to see what he can finally do.

And, it makes me so happy to see support like this for him.

TXBRONC
11-22-2003, 09:35 PM
It may be true that most of the competition that Jake faced was not that good, but he did face KC in KC and played well enough to have won the game and they are of coarse stiff competition.