PDA

View Full Version : In-Depth Playoff Picks and Analysis..yes DEN makes it.

SeaOfBlack0304
11-22-2003, 08:30 AM
I had way too much free time last night. Dunno why. Regardless, I got into a football mood, and decided to pick some playoff scenarios and games, based on what I've seen from teams up until now, and gut instinct picks. So I went through every team's schedule lol, tallied up what I think will be their final overall record, division record, and conference record, and picked what I think will be the top 6 seeds from each conference. Took a while, but it was kinda fun. Enjoy, and if you want me to, I can post what I tallied up as far as those results for every team.

So here's the AFC Teams that I predict right now, in rank of seed and homefield advantage:
#1 New England: 14-2 overall, 5-1 div., 11-1 in AFC
#2 Kansas City: 14-2 overall, 5-1 div., 10-2 in AFC
#3 Titans: 14-2 overall, 5-1 div., 10-2 in AFC
#4 Pittsburgh: 8-8 overall, 5-1 div., 7-5 in AFC
#5 Denver: 12-4 overall, 5-1 div., 9-3 in AFC
#6 Indy: 11-5 overall, 4-2 div., 8-4 in AFC

NE wins out and goes to 14-2, the #1 seed and homefield advantage. KC comes in close 2nd. The Titans, predicted to be #2, are neck and neck with KC, and until I see the final scores of all games, I can't use the strengh-of-victory tiebreaker, so I assume KC will win bigger. Den. goes on a 6 game spree, but settles for a wildcard because of KC.

And the NFC Teams:
#1 Carolina: 14-2 overall, 6-0 div., 12-0 in NFC
#2 Philadelphia: 12-4 overall, 5-1 div., 9-3 in NFC
#3 St. Louis: 12-4 overall, 4-2 div., 9-3 in NFC
#4 Minnesota: 10-6 overall, 5-1 div., 9-3 in NFC
#5 Dallas: 11-5 overall, 5-1 div., 8-4 in NFC
#6 Green Bay: 10-6 overall, 5-1 div., 8-4 in NFC

Seattle was tied with GB, but the tiebreaker gave the wildcard to GB. TB finishes 7-9 and 1-5 in the division, disappointing. The Saints actually finish 8-8, but not good enough. Vikings rebound and win 4 more and the div. Dalls gets overcome by Philly in the division, but still makes the playoffs, and Parcells will win coach of the year for it.

PLAYOFF PREDICTIONS:

WILDCARD WEEKEND:
NFC:
#6 Green Bay Packers @ #3 St. Louis Rams:
Oh, the deck couldn't be stacked more in favor of the Rams. Farve and his dome-o-phobia against the Rams, heavily favored at home this year, especially in the winter. Farve only has a couple seasons left in him, but he won't take home a ring this year.
PREDICTION: St. Louis Rams by 14-17 points.

#5 Dallas Cowboys @ #4 Minnesota Vikings:
Great defense beats good offense, ask the Raiders. Cowboy's D should shut down Moss and get turnovers from Dante. Quincy Carter will struggle but do what he needs to, and Dallas plays and wins in an ugly fashion, but the most important thing is that they win.
PREDICTION: Dallas Cowboys by 7-10 points.

AFC:
#6 Indianapolis Colts @ #3 Tennessee Titans:
A divisional playoff game, should be great. These teams know each other inside and out, and you'll see the league's two biggest quarterback's go head to head. Expect both to have big, 300+ yard days, with 7 touchdown passes between them. McNair runs one in as well. Running game is non-existant, has no impact on the outcome. With the amount of aerial attacks in this game, you'll think you were watching an arena football game. For the second year in a row, Indy comes in as a #6 wildcard, and gives up 40 points and a loss in the first round.
PREDICTION: Tennessee Titans by 8-11 points.

#5 Denver Broncos @ #4 Pittsburgh Steelers:
Just the Steelers making the playoffs was a victory in itself. Starting off 2-6, they are the first team ever to rebound and enter the playoffs after starting out with such a record. They turned it around late in the season, but it might be too late for Bill Cowher, as this could be his last game as the Steelers head coach. Plummer scorches the Steelers secondary, Pittsburgh tries desperately to stay in it, but in the end Denver just wants to win more, and that has been the Steelers problem all season long. It'll be a long offseason.
PREDICTION: Denver Broncos by 4-7 points.

DIVISIONAL PLAYOFFS:
NFC:
#3 St. Louis Rams @ #2 Philadelphia Eagles:
The Rams always struggle on the road, and in a playoff environment in a city like Philly, where fans are bloodthirsty animals, screaming for another Superbowl bid, it spells bad news for Bulger and the gang. Philly's going to be cold, and the Rams don't react well to cold, almost losing to the Bears in Week 11 at Chi-town. The Rams will play a very good game on the road, and although it will be great effort, the Rams won't move forward.
PREDICTION: Philadelphia Eagles by 6-9 points.

#5 Dallas Cowboys @ #1 Carolina Panthers:
Carolina has waited for this for years. A chance at the NFC championship. They were viewed as the underdogs all off/pre-season long, and then shocked the world by coming out of the gate at 5-0, and ending the first half of the season at 6-2. They never looked back. Winning their last six, they easily took homefield advantage at a pretty 14-2. Dallas is good, and one of the biggest comeback stories of the year after spending 3 seasons at 5-11, but just like they lost to the Panthers in Week 12 in Big D, the Cowboys won't be able to mount any offense, and won't be able to stop Stephen Davis. Low scoring, defensive game. Maybe next year Parcells.
PREDICTION: Carolina Panthers by 2-5 points.

AFC:
#3 Tennesee Titans @ #2 Kansas City Chiefs:
The matchup that the world wants to see. The whole season, the talk was about if KC could beat the Titans. Well here's the Chiefs chance. Despite starting off winning 11 of their first 12 regular season games and silencing critics about how good they actually were, Kansas City has more pressure now than ever before, not to go undefeated, but to win the big game. It's all eyes on them, but the Chiefs will falter in the playoffs, like they did in Week 11 against the Bengals. Titan's D looks nasty this winter, and McNair will show the league why he was voted MVP.
PREDICTION: Tennessee Titans by 10-13 points.

#5 Denver Broncos @ #1 New England Patriots:
The Patriots have won 12 straight games after starting off 2-2, including a blowout in the opener against Buffalo. They're red hot right now, but so is Denver, who have won their last 8, including last week's victory against the Steelers. Denver got beat at home in Week 9 by New England, thanks mainly in part to late 4th quarter points and a couple bad coaching calls. Denver wants to, and can, come into New England and get retaliation. But once again, the Brady bunch will pull away in the 4th quarter, and although Denver overcame many obstacles this season, the Divisional Playoffs won't be one of them. Sorry boys.
PREDICTION: New England Patriots by 3-6 points.

CHAMPIONSHIP WEEKEND:
NFC:
#2 Philadelphia Eagles @ #1 Carolina Panthers:
Philly is 6-2 on the road this year, Carolina is 7-1 at home, and one of those home wins were against these same Philadelphia Eagles in Week 13. In late January, you must run the football and play defense, which Carolina can do both of, especially as of late. Philly has a running game, but the offense relies much more heavily on the passing and scrambling attack of mobile QB Donovan McNabb. Carolina isn't going to let Philly score many points. Unless they can run the ball and keep the time of possession in their favor, and therefore keep the explosive Stephen Davis on the sideleine, Carolina's will win. I don't think the Eagles will accomplish that though, and so I pick them to lose in the NFC Championship for the third year in a row.
PREDICTION: Carolina Panthers by 1-3 points.

AFC:
#3 Tennessee Titans @ #1 New England Patriots:
Contrary to the NFC game, this is going to be pass, pass, pass. Both teams have great defenses, but they both have even better quarterbacks, including League MVP Steve McNair. Eddie George, albeit a dismal season and a rising age count, is showing he still has some gas left this postseason, rushing for 400 yards in 3 games. He should be able to help Tennessee control the clock enough to keep the Pats off the field until the game is out of reach.
PREDICTION: Tennessee Titans by 7-10 points.

SUPERBOWL:
Tennessee Titans vs. Carolina Panthers:
Carolina comes off of 2 playoff wins, giving them a streak of 10 wins coming into today. Tennesee has won 13 straight including the playoffs. Carolina also received their first loss at the hands of the Titans early in the season, in 37-17 fashion. Things have changed a little since then, but not enough for a different outcome. Carolina has the best defense in the league, but it's been shown this year that no defense is going to stop Air McNair, who will not only be NFL MVP, but the SuperBowl MVP as well. The Titans rushing defense has faltered recently, so expect Carolina's Davis to pick up big yardage and a few scores. Despite the great defenses, this should be a rather high-scoring game, with Tennessee coming out on top late to win it.
PREDICTION: Tennessee Titans by 5-8 points.

I know thinking that 3 teams from the AFC are going to win out and go 14-2 is absurd...I made this picks looking at what the teams are doing right now, and if I couldn't pick, it was gut instinct. I think NE can finish 14-2, their only obstacles are Indy and KC. Tennessee actually prolly will go 14-2, I don't have the schedule on hand, but it's not that hard. And KC..well..that's easier to pick. As long as they don't pull a Vikings and go on a 4 game skid after losing, they should just lose to Denver.

If you disagree with any of this, post it, I wanna discuss it. And again, if needed or wanted, I can post the final records I predicted for each team.

*NOTE: All those picks are made assuming that key players from the teams mentioned aren't injured, suspended, etc.

BroncoCy
11-22-2003, 08:34 AM
That is a very good prediction for the field but I disagree with you on one thing. I just don't think Pittsburgh will make the playoffs. There is nothing left in the tank there. I think Cincy will choke a bit and Baltimore will win that division.

SeaOfBlack0304
11-22-2003, 08:57 AM
To be perfectly honest, I'm shaky on who wins the AFC North, and just because of my fan ties, I'm a little bit biased and picked Pittsburgh to win it. When I looked at all the remaining schedules for all 4 teams, I think they'll all end up at 8-8, and maybe Cleveland or Cincy will finish 7-9. The Steelers need a miracle, no doubt, but if we can just win our divisional games, and win what should be wins against Oakland and San Diego, I think we have an outside shot..crazier things have happened. Of course, winning 5 of 6 is a lot easier said than done.

Regardless, I still have to say that Denver will get a wildcard, and with Plummer healthy, will beat whoever wins the North, so it's not that important anyway.

Javalon
11-22-2003, 10:19 AM
I think New England loses 1 - 3 more games. @ Indy, and very possibly Miami and @ New York Jets.

If Carr was playing, I would even wonder about Houston upsetting the Pats this weekend. But since he's out, I don't think that will happen.

1) Titans : 13-3 (maybe 14-2)

2) Chiefs : 13-3 (maybe 14-2)

3) Patriots : 12-4

4) Bengals (or Ravens) : 8-8 (maybe 9-7)

5) Colts - wildcard : 11-5

6) Broncos - wildcard : 10-6 (maybe 11-5 if we're lucky)

The NFC is all screwy and I can't get a feel for who's better than others. The Panthers have the best record but I can't help feeling it's mostly smoke and mirrors.

SeaOfBlack0304
11-22-2003, 11:01 AM
Yea, whoever does win the North will have no better than 9-7, chances are very good it will be 8-8..has an 8-8 team EVER gotten into the playoffs? Disgraceful....

New England's best chance of losing is Indy. I know upset's are an analyst's worse enemy, and any given Sunday, I know...but realistically, the Jets haven't shown me anything that says they can wallop the Pats. The Miami game will be in the cold of NE, Williams seems to not even be showing up, and they don't have a good QB. They probably will lose at Indy, but still, 13-3 is damn good. But, just for the hell of it, I'll say someone upsets them and it's 12-4.

Tennessee is the same thing, they will probably lose at Indy and that's it. Tampa Bay COULD beat them, but I doubt it. I'll lower the prediction to 13-3, but that's all.

KC will be 14-2. You can beat them, but Minnesota hasn't shown anything to make me think they can. Unless KC reacts badly to this loss and ends up on a 4 game skid, I'm sticking by it.

Colts I agree with.

Broncos yea, but I think you guys can do better than that. Your only challenges left are KC and Indy, you'll win one of them, you have a damn good chance of winning both. Play like you did against SD and you'll be fine. If any team has the ability to win out, it's Denver, and I don't just say that because I'm on their board lol.

Yea I dunno about the NFC either...Panthers have a lot of OT, 3 point wins, I think it's luck more than anything, but luck can help you greatly in the playoffs. Philly can make a run, even though I hate them. Dallas will fall, St. Louis will lose if they don't have homefield advantage. So who knows.

Crazie
11-22-2003, 11:05 AM
Nice predictions but I think you give too much credit to both the Eagles and the Steelers.

SeaOfBlack0304
11-22-2003, 12:14 PM
Trust me, I don't want to give Philly any more credit than I have to. Being a fan of one of the PA teams, you can understand why I hate the Eagles, especially since they have done better than us in the past 2 seasons. As much as I don't want to see them get anywhere near the playoffs, the fact of the matter is that they are..maybe not with that record, and maybe not that deep into the postseason, but they'll be there.

As for the Steelers, again, I have fan-based bias lol. But honestly, the Steelers HAVE the talent to win 5 of 6, and we have the easy schedule to do it with. Our remaning opponents are a combined 22-38 right now, or .366, the easiest remaining schedule of any team in the league. So we CAN do it, the question is if we'll play hard, play with heart, and WANT to do it...we haven't been doing that lately. And being only 2 games behind with the easiest remaining schedule, anything is still possible. If I had given too much credit to Pitt, I would have had them win the Superbowl lol...instead they'll lose in the 1st round, just like any other AFC North team that makes it.

Aardwolf
11-22-2003, 12:36 PM
With all due respect, you seem to be forgetting that the Broncos usually suffer a serious fade in December.

Since Shanahan has been Bronco HC, they are 14-15 in December. This season they will likely go 1-3 for the month of December, which will put them out of the playoffs.

Javalon
11-22-2003, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by Aardwolf
With all due respect, you seem to be forgetting that the Broncos usually suffer a serious fade in December.

Since Shanahan has been Bronco HC, they are 14-15 in December. This season they will likely go 1-3 for the month of December, which will put them out of the playoffs.

Playing approximately .500 ball isn't what I'd describe as a "serious" fade. It's just average. If they win half their games in December that'll probably be enough. It's also nice that you base your predictions off of previous season's performances; because history always repeats itself.

Then again, you're at least constistent in your negativity about the Broncos.

Return of Lava
11-22-2003, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by SeaOfBlack0304
I had way too much free time last night. Dunno why. Regardless, I got into a football mood, and decided to pick some playoff scenarios and games, based on what I've seen from teams up until now, and gut instinct picks. So I went through every team's schedule lol, tallied up what I think will be their final overall record, division record, and conference record, and picked what I think will be the top 6 seeds from each conference. Took a while, but it was kinda fun. Enjoy, and if you want me to, I can post what I tallied up as far as those results for every team.

So here's the AFC Teams that I predict right now, in rank of seed and homefield advantage:
#1 New England: 14-2 overall, 5-1 div., 11-1 in AFC
#2 Kansas City: 14-2 overall, 5-1 div., 10-2 in AFC
#3 Titans: 14-2 overall, 5-1 div., 10-2 in AFC
#4 Pittsburgh: 8-8 overall, 5-1 div., 7-5 in AFC
#5 Denver: 12-4 overall, 5-1 div., 9-3 in AFC
#6 Indy: 11-5 overall, 4-2 div., 8-4 in AFC

NE wins out and goes to 14-2, the #1 seed and homefield advantage. KC comes in close 2nd. The Titans, predicted to be #2, are neck and neck with KC, and until I see the final scores of all games, I can't use the strengh-of-victory tiebreaker, so I assume KC will win bigger. Den. goes on a 6 game spree, but settles for a wildcard because of KC.

And the NFC Teams:
#1 Carolina: 14-2 overall, 6-0 div., 12-0 in NFC
#2 Philadelphia: 12-4 overall, 5-1 div., 9-3 in NFC
#3 St. Louis: 12-4 overall, 4-2 div., 9-3 in NFC
#4 Minnesota: 10-6 overall, 5-1 div., 9-3 in NFC
#5 Dallas: 11-5 overall, 5-1 div., 8-4 in NFC
#6 Green Bay: 10-6 overall, 5-1 div., 8-4 in NFC

Seattle was tied with GB, but the tiebreaker gave the wildcard to GB. TB finishes 7-9 and 1-5 in the division, disappointing. The Saints actually finish 8-8, but not good enough. Vikings rebound and win 4 more and the div. Dalls gets overcome by Philly in the division, but still makes the playoffs, and Parcells will win coach of the year for it.

PLAYOFF PREDICTIONS:

WILDCARD WEEKEND:
NFC:
#6 Green Bay Packers @ #3 St. Louis Rams:
Oh, the deck couldn't be stacked more in favor of the Rams. Farve and his dome-o-phobia against the Rams, heavily favored at home this year, especially in the winter. Farve only has a couple seasons left in him, but he won't take home a ring this year.
PREDICTION: St. Louis Rams by 14-17 points.

#5 Dallas Cowboys @ #4 Minnesota Vikings:
Great defense beats good offense, ask the Raiders. Cowboy's D should shut down Moss and get turnovers from Dante. Quincy Carter will struggle but do what he needs to, and Dallas plays and wins in an ugly fashion, but the most important thing is that they win.
PREDICTION: Dallas Cowboys by 7-10 points.
AFC:
#6 Indianapolis Colts @ #3 Tennessee Titans:
A divisional playoff game, should be great. These teams know each other inside and out, and you'll see the league's two biggest quarterback's go head to head. Expect both to have big, 300+ yard days, with 7 touchdown passes between them. McNair runs one in as well. Running game is non-existant, has no impact on the outcome. With the amount of aerial attacks in this game, you'll think you were watching an arena football game. For the second year in a row, Indy comes in as a #6 wildcard, and gives up 40 points and a loss in the first round.
PREDICTION: Tennessee Titans by 8-11 points.
#5 Denver Broncos @ #4 Pittsburgh Steelers:
Just the Steelers making the playoffs was a victory in itself. Starting off 2-6, they are the first team ever to rebound and enter the playoffs after starting out with such a record. They turned it around late in the season, but it might be too late for Bill Cowher, as this could be his last game as the Steelers head coach. Plummer scorches the Steelers secondary, Pittsburgh tries desperately to stay in it, but in the end Denver just wants to win more, and that has been the Steelers problem all season long. It'll be a long offseason.
PREDICTION: Denver Broncos by 4-7 points.

DIVISIONAL PLAYOFFS:
NFC:
#3 St. Louis Rams @ #2 Philadelphia Eagles:
The Rams always struggle on the road, and in a playoff environment in a city like Philly, where fans are bloodthirsty animals, screaming for another Superbowl bid, it spells bad news for Bulger and the gang. Philly's going to be cold, and the Rams don't react well to cold, almost losing to the Bears in Week 11 at Chi-town. The Rams will play a very good game on the road, and although it will be great effort, the Rams won't move forward.
PREDICTION: Philadelphia Eagles by 6-9 points.

#5 Dallas Cowboys @ #1 Carolina Panthers:
Carolina has waited for this for years. A chance at the NFC championship. They were viewed as the underdogs all off/pre-season long, and then shocked the world by coming out of the gate at 5-0, and ending the first half of the season at 6-2. They never looked back. Winning their last six, they easily took homefield advantage at a pretty 14-2. Dallas is good, and one of the biggest comeback stories of the year after spending 3 seasons at 5-11, but just like they lost to the Panthers in Week 12 in Big D, the Cowboys won't be able to mount any offense, and won't be able to stop Stephen Davis. Low scoring, defensive game. Maybe next year Parcells.
PREDICTION: Carolina Panthers by 2-5 points.

AFC:
#3 Tennesee Titans @ #2 Kansas City Chiefs:
The matchup that the world wants to see. The whole season, the talk was about if KC could beat the Titans. Well here's the Chiefs chance. Despite starting off winning 11 of their first 12 regular season games and silencing critics about how good they actually were, Kansas City has more pressure now than ever before, not to go undefeated, but to win the big game. It's all eyes on them, but the Chiefs will falter in the playoffs, like they did in Week 11 against the Bengals. Titan's D looks nasty this winter, and McNair will show the league why he was voted MVP.
PREDICTION: Tennessee Titans by 10-13 points.

#5 Denver Broncos @ #1 New England Patriots:
The Patriots have won 12 straight games after starting off 2-2, including a blowout in the opener against Buffalo. They're red hot right now, but so is Denver, who have won their last 8, including last week's victory against the Steelers. Denver got beat at home in Week 9 by New England, thanks mainly in part to late 4th quarter points and a couple bad coaching calls. Denver wants to, and can, come into New England and get retaliation. But once again, the Brady bunch will pull away in the 4th quarter, and although Denver overcame many obstacles this season, the Divisional Playoffs won't be one of them. Sorry boys.
PREDICTION: New England Patriots by 3-6 points.

CHAMPIONSHIP WEEKEND:
NFC:
#2 Philadelphia Eagles @ #1 Carolina Panthers:
Philly is 6-2 on the road this year, Carolina is 7-1 at home, and one of those home wins were against these same Philadelphia Eagles in Week 13. In late January, you must run the football and play defense, which Carolina can do both of, especially as of late. Philly has a running game, but the offense relies much more heavily on the passing and scrambling attack of mobile QB Donovan McNabb. Carolina isn't going to let Philly score many points. Unless they can run the ball and keep the time of possession in their favor, and therefore keep the explosive Stephen Davis on the sideleine, Carolina's will win. I don't think the Eagles will accomplish that though, and so I pick them to lose in the NFC Championship for the third year in a row.
PREDICTION: Carolina Panthers by 1-3 points.

AFC:
#3 Tennessee Titans @ #1 New England Patriots:
Contrary to the NFC game, this is going to be pass, pass, pass. Both teams have great defenses, but they both have even better quarterbacks, including League MVP Steve McNair. Eddie George, albeit a dismal season and a rising age count, is showing he still has some gas left this postseason, rushing for 400 yards in 3 games. He should be able to help Tennessee control the clock enough to keep the Pats off the field until the game is out of reach.
PREDICTION: Tennessee Titans by 7-10 points.

SUPERBOWL:
Tennessee Titans vs. Carolina Panthers:
Carolina comes off of 2 playoff wins, giving them a streak of 10 wins coming into today. Tennesee has won 13 straight including the playoffs. Carolina also received their first loss at the hands of the Titans early in the season, in 37-17 fashion. Things have changed a little since then, but not enough for a different outcome. Carolina has the best defense in the league, but it's been shown this year that no defense is going to stop Air McNair, who will not only be NFL MVP, but the SuperBowl MVP as well. The Titans rushing defense has faltered recently, so expect Carolina's Davis to pick up big yardage and a few scores. Despite the great defenses, this should be a rather high-scoring game, with Tennessee coming out on top late to win it.
PREDICTION: Tennessee Titans by 5-8 points.
*NOTE: All those picks are made assuming that key players from the teams mentioned aren't injured, suspended, etc. As much as i hate to read long posts, i enjoyed every bit of this. Good Job! I also, however dont think the steelers will make the playoffs over the ravens(at least not this year). and if the ravens got in, that would change a lot.

Return of Lava
11-22-2003, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by booher
ravens have qb trouble no way they make the playoffs............ yeah but its not like they have any powerhouse teams in their division. Its between them and the bengals and i dont think the bengals will make it this year.

Elway
11-22-2003, 09:16 PM
Well it is pretty good luck for the Denver that Miami fades on cue in December.

The Pats-Chefs-Titans-Colts-and- Raven/Bengal make it.

The fight is to see who has the better record in the next 6 games.
Each have 3 home & 3 away games.

We face Bears-@Raiders-KC-Browns-@Indy-@GB
Miami: Washinton, @Dallas, @NE, Philly, @Buffalo, Jets.

Aardwolf
11-24-2003, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by Javalon
Playing approximately .500 ball isn't what I'd describe as a "serious" fade. It's just average. If they win half their games in December that'll probably be enough. It's also nice that you base your predictions off of previous season's performances; because history always repeats itself.

Then again, you're at least constistent in your negativity about the Broncos.

How can you say a drop off from 65-29 or 69% in games played prior to December to 16-18 or 47% in games played in December or later, is NOT a "serious" fade? Get real!

December is the time to step up not stand down and standing down is exactly what the Broncos have done in December under Shanahan.

Example (same time frame): Green Bay Packers - Games prior to December 60-32 or 66% to 29-7 or 81% in games played December or later.

Seems to me, improving to 81% would be better than FADING to 47%.

FYI, while history most certainly does not always repeat itself, TRENDS do tend to develop and repeat. That is how it gets to be a trend.

Aardwolf
11-24-2003, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Elway
Well it is pretty good luck for the Denver that Miami fades on cue in December.

Oddly, Denver and Miami share the DECEMBER FADE problem however Denver has a slightly WORSE problem than Miami does.

Since 1995, Denver is 16-18 while Miami is 17-18. However, under Wannstedt, Miami is 8-7 in December or later games.

Does NOT bode well for Denver.

thesaint
11-24-2003, 01:30 PM
Aardwolf, youve got to answer me a question. I believe you to be a Broncos fan...but why is it we never see you after a win? After a loss...youre all over the board.

Just wondering.

BroncoManiac_69
11-24-2003, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by SeaOfBlack0304
Yea, whoever does win the North will have no better than 9-7, chances are very good it will be 8-8..has an 8-8 team EVER gotten into the playoffs? Disgraceful....

I do not recall the year, but I believe it was the Cleveland Browns that went 8-8, won that division and was in the playoffs. In the mean time Denver was 11-5 and missed the playoffs.

Come On BRONCOS!! We STILL have faith!

Aardwolf
11-24-2003, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by thesaint
Aardwolf, youve got to answer me a question. I believe you to be a Broncos fan...but why is it we never see you after a win? After a loss...youre all over the board.

Just wondering.

I don't believe that is true.

thesaint
11-24-2003, 01:52 PM
I think most on these boards would agree that it is. You are a Bronco fan, tho, correct?

Aardwolf
11-25-2003, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by thesaint
I think most on these boards would agree that it is. You are a Bronco fan, tho, correct?

Doesn't matter who AGREES. You seem to take the position that you can make a false statement become true simply by getting enough people to agree to your false statement. How dumb is THAT?

cprender8
11-25-2003, 09:39 PM
Doesn't matter who AGREES. You seem to take the position that you can make a false statement become true simply by getting enough people to agree to your false statement. How dumb is THAT?

It is there opinion that this happens. Neither false, nor true. Just opinionated.

Bronco74
11-25-2003, 09:44 PM
Come on Aardwolf - belly up and answer the question asked. Are you a Bronco fan????? You have a great capacity to skirt the issue and reel off nonsensical b/s in order to avoid answering anything you don't feel like addressing.

Return of Lava
11-26-2003, 12:36 AM
yeah go ahead and spit it out it aint like we asking you to tell us you love us. You a broncos fan or not? Just a pessimist? Let us know.

bjo
11-26-2003, 12:43 PM
Sorry all you optimists, but averyone seems to forget about the Green Bay game IN GREEN BAY in DECEMBER. Brett Favre is something like 36-2 in games when the temp is 30 degrees or less in GB. No way the Broncos take that game. I'm counting on that as a given loss, which means the Broncos are 10-6 at best, and thats if they go beat INDY AT INDY. Not happening, sorry.

broncos_choke
11-26-2003, 12:48 PM
i think favre is great but past his prime due to age and injuries. Broncos will beat the Packers. But we will not be able to contain Peyton Manning with our cornerbacks and we will lose to the colts.

thesaint
11-26-2003, 01:19 PM

I can pull up your posts and see that while the Broncos were winning, you werent posting. Seems simple enough for someone of your brilliance to figure out.