PDA

View Full Version : TC Surprises

ttejuco
08-06-2005, 11:22 AM
Horse Sense by Andrew Mason

Top five surprises? Through this set of eyes and the notes I've taken the past few days, here's the guys who seem to jump out at me ...

1. Ron Dayne. Quite light on his feet, and he's shown authority in blasting to the holes. The No. 33 he's donned -- which he last wore at Wisconsin -- could be a magic elixir for him.

2. Brandon Browner. Every day, it seems like he makes one standout play, either sending a back or receiver flying or using his long arms -- a la Lenny Walls -- to break up a pass.

3. Paul Ernster. His punts are just about as long as Todd Sauerbrun's; one day this week he averaged 57.5 yards per punt, which was amazing, but still 2.4 yards behind Sauerbrun's average.

4. Todd Devoe. He made some outstanding catches in the first three days of practice -- although on two deep receptions, he bobbled the ball. The bobbles have vanished since.

5. Stephen Alexander. Simply put, the man can block -- well.

There are some who have shown the potential to be among the top five in terms of impact. One who's struck me is Ian Gold, who looks like he never left; he, D.J. Williams and Al Wilson have tremendous command at linebacker.

As for the most star potential, I'm going to cite Gerard Warren, of whom Head Coach Mike Shanahan was quite complimentary on Friday. ""(Based on) what I've seen in the first week, I'll be disappointed if he's not in the Pro Bowl," Shanahan said.

broncofan303
08-06-2005, 07:13 PM
1. Ron Dayne. Quite light on his feet, and he's shown authority in blasting to the holes. The No. 33 he's donned -- which he last wore at Wisconsin -- could be a magic elixir for him.
He did have a very solid camp, but he might not even make the team cuz we are so loaded at that position..with Anderson, Tatum, Q..he might have a chance at #4 (I hope so, he'll be useful)..

2. Brandon Browner. Every day, it seems like he makes one standout play, either sending a back or receiver flying or using his long arms -- a la Lenny Walls -- to break up a pass.
You're right! Our whole secondary has been looking good, Walls and Bailey are even better in person and our rookies are defintely stepping up with Paymah and Williams, but it really doesn't mean anything until we play the Colts (Scary, first game back and they were still sharp)..

3. Paul Ernster. His punts are just about as long as Todd Sauerbrun's; one day this week he averaged 57.5 yards per punt, which was amazing, but still 2.4 yards behind Sauerbrun's average.
He might be the reason Dayne doesn't make the team..LOL, Shanny doesn't like keeping 3 kickers but this guy might be worth it...last year we couldn't find anyone to even graze the endzone on kickoffs, this guy has been doing it consistantly through camp..we'll see..

4. Todd Devoe. He made some outstanding catches in the first three days of practice -- although on two deep receptions, he bobbled the ball. The bobbles have vanished since.
Our WR's look great.. Devoe has been tearing it up and big surprise of the camp I would have to say Charlie Adams and Triandias Luke and Devoe, they've made some nice catches but still struggle with defenses at times...they need to learn how to find the gap in zone D's and sit there, but WR's won't be a problem...

[COLOR=Blue]Word..Enough Said..LOL[COLOR]

Things to add..

Wesley Duke is a freak! He's got size, athletism, and height..and he's #84, what more can you ask for? hehe

Our QB's are still our weakness..Jake, BVP, and Mauck have been very inconsistant but the one that has been the most consistant but doesn't have the "big-play ability" in him is Kannell..he's the most accurate, but doesn't look for the huge play..

rcsodak
08-06-2005, 07:33 PM
Re: kanell.....maybe with the 1st string, things would change?

Ravage!!!
08-06-2005, 07:43 PM
Our QB's are still our weakness..Jake, BVP, and Mauck have been very inconsistant but the one that has been the most consistant but doesn't have the "big-play ability" in him is Kannell..he's the most accurate, but doesn't look for the huge play..

Oh please.. PLEASE tell me that you are not suggesting we start Danny Kanell!! Good god...that makes me cringe at just the thought of it.

broncofan303
08-06-2005, 09:22 PM
Oh please.. PLEASE tell me that you are not suggesting we start Danny Kanell!! Good god...that makes me cringe at just the thought of it.

Why not? Have you been watching the camps live? He's shown great accuracy and has been consistant... Give me a good reason why he shouldn't?

Jake has the big play ability but the problem with that is we don't know for which team..

broncofan303
08-06-2005, 09:23 PM
I will add...

Kannell is the type of QB that will not steal a game for you but he will not lose a game for you either.. I think that is what we need!

topscribe
08-06-2005, 09:56 PM
Jake has the big play ability but the problem with that is we don't know for which team..
I am a Jake Plummer fan and could not disagree with you more on the choice between him and Kanell.

But that line you gave looks like a Jay Leno special. I hated it, but it cracked me up!

:laugh:

-----

KnightOLB53
08-06-2005, 10:36 PM
Why not? Have you been watching the camps live? He's shown great accuracy and has been consistant... Give me a good reason why he shouldn't?

Yes i watch and i usually hear these 2 lines.

"Kanell Over threw this pass intended to..." "this pass by Kanell was intercepted by...."

Ravage!!!
08-06-2005, 10:37 PM
I will add...

Kannell is the type of QB that will not steal a game for you but he will not lose a game for you either.. I think that is what we need!

Kanell can't WIN a game. Kanell was out of football for a couple of years for a reason. He's HORRIBLE. I don't care if he throws 100% in training camp.. the guy doesn't keep ANY defenses honest or backed away from the running game. He makes the coaches have to tone down the play calling to Pee-wee level. I dont think Kannell should be ON the roster, not to even mention be in the line-up. So THERE are my reasons for not wanting Kanell. He WILL lose a game for you, just as he did when he was starting for us a couple seasons ago. He stunk.

Emancipator
08-06-2005, 11:38 PM
I think if Brandon Browner can learn the saftey position he will be a great addition for Denver. Another great find for Shanny.

DURANGO BRONCO
08-07-2005, 07:32 AM

I thought Dayne was impressive and has a better chance to make the team than Q.

This guy would have been a first day pick with a good 40 time. Im elated to have him, and that someone had forsight to move him to safety.

I would bet that he will probably alternate between active roster and practice squad all year, depending on our weekly needs. I hope he does well in game situations.

Looked good to me. Can he replace Watts as #3? This depends on his play in pre season.

Maybe our best off season aquisition, as we should not need to carry 4 tight ends this year. I am hoping for Putzier, Alexander, and Jackson. Duke should be on practice squad, but could be a future star.

Perry1977
08-07-2005, 09:29 AM
I will add...

Just admit it, you can't stand the fact that a CSU quarterback is rising up the depth chart....

PsychoChicken
08-07-2005, 10:51 AM
I will add...

If we wanted a QB like that, we would have signed Trent Dilfer. Kanell will definitely not win a game for you, and he most likely will lose it because of his lack of production.

GIVEME6
08-07-2005, 11:10 AM
I'm very impressed with Lenny Walls. It seems as if he's playing alot more aggressive, and he's creating turnovers like a mofo. Todd Devoe is another one that has impressed me so far. He catches damn near everything, and hit seems as if he's got some nice speed as well. Foxworth and Paymah seem to be playmakers in the making, as they both do some pretty good things day in and day out. Can't wait until preseason to get a better look at them. One more surprise....Watts still can't hang onto the ball. Whether it's a mental lapse, or his hand...who knows but it's his second year and he needs to be alot more consistent catching the ball.

broncofan303
08-07-2005, 12:15 PM
Just admit it, you can't stand the fact that a CSU quarterback is rising up the depth chart....

hahahah..thats hilarious..do you know why he's getting the 2nd spot? its all about Reps, anybody who plays football understands reps, the coaches want to see what you've got and that's why he's #2..by the end of pre-season don't be shocked if he's cut and put back onto the practice squad...

And honestly, if you watch this guy live, he's horrible..he's got the running ability but dude can't throw a spiral or any accurate passes...each day I've been out, I swear, on 7 on 7 and 11 on 11 drills he's gone 2 for 11 each day.. he doesn't belong in the NFL as a QB...

EMCF
08-07-2005, 12:20 PM
hahahah..thats hilarious..do you know why he's getting the 2nd spot? its all about Reps, anybody who plays football understands reps, the coaches want to see what you've got and that's why he's #2..by the end of pre-season don't be shocked if he's cut and put back onto the practice squad...

And honestly, if you watch this guy live, he's horrible..he's got the running ability but dude can't throw a spiral or any accurate passes...each day I've been out, I swear, on 7 on 7 and 11 on 11 drills he's gone 2 for 11 each day.. he doesn't belong in the NFL as a QB...

So you can tell he doesn't belong in the NFL?

But the coaches want to see more of him?

Someone is wrong here.

VikingsFan303
08-07-2005, 03:16 PM
We will find out who is wrong about Bradley soon enough. I must admit he has been awful the 3 days I have watched. He hasn't made an NFL Roster during the regular season. I for one say he will never start a game in the NFL.

-A