PDA

View Full Version : Training Camp worries or disappointments?

BroncoRT
08-06-2005, 11:30 AM
The injury to Brown and Bell looking slugish.

Anything else? Thoughts? :coffee:

BroncFanInPA
08-06-2005, 11:55 AM
Watts with the dropsies...

Bell's reported lack of drive (though I am willing to take the media reports with a grain of salt)...

So many interceptions (hopefully a credit to the D, rather than sloppy play by the O...

GIVEME6
08-06-2005, 12:18 PM
Bell is looking lazy from what I hear, but I think some live contact will motivate him. Watts though....can he catch the ball consistently? He makes one great catch, followed by dropping the routine ones. Seems like he would have worked on this stuff prior to camp, so the mistakes he made last year would have been limited. Hopefully he can step it up.

mark1177
08-06-2005, 12:31 PM
My concern is the lack of depth on the offensive line. I worry with the Injuries and retirement of players that an Injury or two could leave the key to the Bronco’s offense unable to compete.
I hope that with watts that it is similar to when Rod and Sharpe were younger players. They often had to many drops but both turned out to be pretty good players. But only time will tell is that is the case.

ttejuco
08-06-2005, 12:31 PM
Im glad to hear that Jeb Putzier and Stephen Alexander are tearing it up.

Single back, 2 TE, 2 WR.

That's going to be dangerous.

BroncoRT
08-06-2005, 01:28 PM
My concern is the lack of depth on the offensive line. I worry with the Injuries and retirement of players that an Injury or two could leave the key to the Bronco’s offense unable to compete.
I hope that with watts that it is similar to when Rod and Sharpe were younger players. They often had to many drops but both turned out to be pretty good players. But only time will tell is that is the case.

THe O line is one injury away from lots of problems. In the system lineman need some experience in it. With two of our "experienced" lineman in the system gone in Alexander and Sewell, depth will be a problem. I know they haven't played at all, but they both had been in the system and were making improvement.

Hopefully Clement, Spikes, Myers and Clabo will pick things up soon, or we could be trouble.

defense!!!
08-06-2005, 01:37 PM
Plummer got his knee banged up.

ARBroncos
08-06-2005, 01:43 PM
I worry about our nickle corner being a rookie...

BroncoRT
08-06-2005, 03:33 PM
I worry about our nickle corner being a rookie...

LeSeuer or Roc might be the Nickle and if Foxworth can get it than he will have earned it.

defense!!!
08-06-2005, 03:33 PM
LeSeuer or Roc might be the Nickle and if Foxworth can get it than he will have earned it.

LeSeuer is a safety so Roc has the best chance of being nickel. IMO

BroncoRT
08-06-2005, 03:36 PM
LeSeuer is a safety so Roc has the best chance of being nickel. IMO

I think they still might have LeSeuer play nickel back, if Fergs is playing good. You want the best talent on the field at any given time, so having Fergs and LeSeuer on the field at the same time might be a good thing.

Remember he is still CB by trade, they are trying to convert him to Safety.

Caliraiderhater
08-06-2005, 05:34 PM
I know we have all heard about bell not goin at 100% but thats just from a few reporters saying that that we think that! lol ok now here is something i found through my yahoo fantasy football league and news on players!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6800/news

I was havin some trouble with the link so if for some reason the link does not work this is what it says!

Aug 5 Frank Schwab, of the Gazette, reports Denver Broncos RB Tatum Bell has not done anything to hurt his chances of being the Broncos' starting running back for the season opener on September 11, but he hasn't convinced the coaches to move him ahead of RB Mike Anderson, either. The two have split time with the starting offense through camp, but always with Anderson going in first. Bell said he's not worried about being behind Anderson on the depth chart. "I'm just trying to do everything I got to do right," Bell said. "If (Anderson) slips, I'm right there. He has no room for slipping." "I'm real pleased with his work and I'm real pleased he's been on the field every day, no nicks or bumps," offensive coordinator Gary Kubiak said of Bell. "He's doing great." So far, Anderson has not given an inch to Bell. "Mike Anderson is making everybody raise their level of play, and Tatum is in there battling," Kubiak said. "The whole camp will tell (who starts)." The battle between Bell and Anderson will be ultimately decided in preseason games, Denver's coaches have said.

BroncoRT
08-06-2005, 05:58 PM
Our Qb's, according to reports, are throwing int's all over the place. Either that is a BAD sign for our offense or GOOD sign for our D.

Is the glass half empty or half full? Thoughts? :coffee:

ttejuco
08-07-2005, 11:59 AM
Our Qb's, according to reports, are throwing int's all over the place. Either that is a BAD sign for our offense or GOOD sign for our D.

Is the glass half empty or half full? Thoughts? :coffee:

Mostly the defence is playing very well. I think Larry Coyer has employed new coverages and schemes to increase big plays. Although the defence has been getting INT's, the defence gives up big plays as well. That might be because they are going for the big play rather than good coverage. Again, this is only training camp and we will have to wait for the pre season, or real season.

EMCF
08-07-2005, 12:04 PM
I haven't heard anything from Roc all camp, I like Foxworth for the nickle spot.

broncoAK
08-08-2005, 01:20 AM
I haven't heard anything from Roc all camp, I like Foxworth for the nickle spot.

In TC I saw them using Leseur as the nickle despite being a safety now. If Foxworth doesnt get it my guess is that Leseur will have it.

Mat'hir Uth Gan
08-08-2005, 05:27 AM
LeSeur is the starting nickel back as of this moment. His size/speed ratio allows him to match up favorably against the taller WRs, which is our main area of need, especially in our division.

Im not entirely sure what happened to Roc Alexander, but he lost his hold on this position already, and he may be getting passed by Foxworth in the CB depth chart as well.

PutzierChic06
08-08-2005, 07:26 AM
Im glad to hear that Jeb Putzier and Stephen Alexander are tearing it up.

Single back, 2 TE, 2 WR.

That's going to be dangerous.

I'm excited about that too.
I am just a tad bit disapointed that Alexander has the edge though. We'll see what happens in the preseason. :cheers:

BroncoRT
08-08-2005, 11:11 AM
I'm excited about that too.
I am just a tad bit disapointed that Alexander has the edge though. We'll see what happens in the preseason. :cheers:

If Alexander is playing better than Putz, then that is a good sign and will make the offense more dangerous. From what I hear they are both playing well, and Leach is playing well also.