PDA

View Full Version : Why does there have to be Bandwagons?

Bellthebest
08-07-2005, 01:10 AM
Cant we all just get along? WHy does there have to be, "JUmping on and off the bandwagons".? We should just be happy that we do have a good Running system, and whoever we plug in, will do good. we could prolly put Elam in there and he'll do good. (please catch my point :P ) so i say.....lets park ALL of the banwagons in the garage and go for whoever is in there. No matter if it is Mike running the ball or Matt Lepsis, lets just forget the bandwagons.

Reidman
08-07-2005, 01:42 AM
I think people will come around once the season starts and support whoever is in there.

Ravage!!!
08-07-2005, 09:48 AM
There's not 'bandwagons'...thats just the "in" term right now to use. People can have an opinion, but aren't allowed to change it. If they do.. they are jumping off bandwagons, or they are jumping ON the bandwagon.

Can you imagine if I try and say a positive word about Jake's throwing this year during the season? People will hang me for that...saying that I'm "jumping on the bandwagon." I'm almost regulated to simply either pointing out the more "down to earth" observations, or no observations at all. I wouldn't want to be stereo-typed as a "bandwagon jumper."

Calif. Bronco
08-07-2005, 10:33 AM
There's not 'bandwagons'...thats just the "in" term right now to use. People can have an opinion, but aren't allowed to change it.

Why not? I've always respected a person who is willing and able, upon seeing new information, to change his mind.

Let me give you an example. If you asked me right now who I think should be the starting RB, I would say MA. Let's say, however, that in the pre-season Dayne is a stud and MA looks awful. Now I've said on here countless times that I don't think Dayne is even going to make the team, but if this were to happen I would advocate Dayne starting on 9/11. What's wrong with that?

Reidman
08-08-2005, 12:07 AM
Why not? I've always respected a person who is willing and able, upon seeing new information, to change his mind.

Let me give you an example. If you asked me right now who I think should be the starting RB, I would say MA. Let's say, however, that in the pre-season Dayne is a stud and MA looks awful. Now I've said on here countless times that I don't think Dayne is even going to make the team, but if this were to happen I would advocate Dayne starting on 9/11. What's wrong with that?

Nothing, because you support the better player at a specific position. Now if you never supported Dayne from day one merely because he's not your first choice then all of a sudden he's your favorite by week 3 because he has 500 yards (ok I'm really exagerrating my point here :goofy: ) you'd basically be "jumping on the wagon".

I have really never liked that term anyway because it is used to casually. If you always liked a certain player and they have an outstanding year, people label you as a bandwagon.

LDB
08-08-2005, 08:24 AM
Nothing, because you support the better player at a specific position. Now if you never supported Dayne from day one merely because he's not your first choice then all of a sudden he's your favorite by week 3 because he has 500 yards (ok I'm really exagerrating my point here :goofy: ) you'd basically be "jumping on the wagon".

I have really never liked that term anyway because it is used to casually. If you always liked a certain player and they have an outstanding year, people label you as a bandwagon.

You are right. The term is used inappropriately anymore. A bandwagon fan is someone who abandons their team when they suck and jumps onto a different team. I personally don't think that there are many actual bandwagon fans on this site. People just need to realize criticism does not imply jumping ship and finding a new team.

mrsolo
08-08-2005, 08:54 AM
Cant we all just get along? WHy does there have to be, "JUmping on and off the bandwagons".? We should just be happy that we do have a good Running system, and whoever we plug in, will do good. we could prolly put Elam in there and he'll do good. (please catch my point :P ) so i say.....lets park ALL of the banwagons in the garage and go for whoever is in there. No matter if it is Mike running the ball or Matt Lepsis, lets just forget the bandwagons.

It's not so much the "bandwagon" status that bothers me, but the putting down of the other players to make your "favorite" look better. :confused:

arapaho
08-08-2005, 09:59 AM
It's not so much the "bandwagon" status that bothers me, but the putting down of the other players to make your "favorite" look better. :confused:

and the fools who say they are a fan but publicly state they wish "........." would get hurt so their guy can come in.

there was a few who wanted and wished for Q to get hurt last year.......i just cant abide by that philosphy.......whoever is playing is a bronco and we should all hope they do well