PDA

View Full Version : Todd Devoe

milton
08-08-2005, 09:02 AM
I played college ball with Devoe. He is a great guy, and a great receiver. I have been following along and seeing that he is doing pretty well so far. What is the outlook at WR for the Broncos? Does Todd have a legitimate shot at making the 53 man roster?

I don't think he can be placed back on the practice squad, as he has been on Baltimore's and Miami's in the last two years.

EMCF
08-08-2005, 09:06 AM
Honestly, the way he's been playing, I wouldn't mind him at the 5th WR spot.

milton
08-08-2005, 09:08 AM
Honestly, the way he's been playing, I wouldn't mind him at the 5th WR spot.

I think he will have to prove that he can be a big contributor on special teams to make the squad. He will have to be a dominant gunner, and maybe help in the return game if asked to do so.

jletourneau
08-08-2005, 10:04 AM
I've been really surprised and impressed by him at practices, but he definitely has an uphill battle to gain the 5th wideout spot against Charlie Adams and Triandos Luke who are also return men. Adams has had a very nice camp as well so far. If DeVoe doesn't have practice squad time left, that will really hurt his chances unless he really stands out in the preseason games. But he has really impressed me.

milton
08-08-2005, 10:20 AM
I've been really surprised and impressed by him at practices, but he definitely has an uphill battle to gain the 5th wideout spot against Charlie Adams and Triandos Luke who are also return men. Adams has had a very nice camp as well so far. If DeVoe doesn't have practice squad time left, that will really hurt his chances unless he really stands out in the preseason games. But he has really impressed me.

I realize that draft picks will get prefferential treatment since the team has invested a pick in them. I just hope they end up taking the guy who earned a spot, not a guy they feel they should keep around b/c they spent a 6th round pick on him.

RBDynasty
08-08-2005, 10:25 AM
With the way Watts is performing .. who knows? But I don't care who we keep in the end as long as he can play.

jletourneau
08-08-2005, 10:59 AM
I realize that draft picks will get prefferential treatment since the team has invested a pick in them. I just hope they end up taking the guy who earned a spot, not a guy they feel they should keep around b/c they spent a 6th round pick on him.

I agree wholeheartedly. At the practices I have been to, I felt DeVoe outperformed T. Luke, but Charlie Adams was still better than DeVoe IMO. Adams has been through the practice squad thing very similar to DeVoe, while Luke was a pick.

I've been impressed by DeVoe, but Luke probably has the most potential and Adams started out higher on the depth chart than DeVoe and has not been outplayed. I also feel Luke has been the most timid with his talent.

I think pre-season games will really determine a lot. I haven't been to the last few practices to see how things have continued to spin, but based on what I saw at several of the practices so far I would say that Adams leads both Luke and DeVoe.

I hope DeVoe can stay with the team in some capacity though, I really like what I've seen from him and could see him becoming a strong contributor in one way or another. The presence of Jerry Rice as the 4th receiver really hurts some of the young guys' chances.

I sure hope the best man for the job wins. Pre-season should tell. Shanahan's got some tough decisions ahead.