PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Rice

young2rice
08-08-2005, 09:52 AM
OK, I have been patiently waiting for someone to start a thread on Jerry, perhaps someone who has been attending the training camp that could provide some outlook or observations on his progress, but that has not happened.

Anyone out there willing to talk about how Jerry is doing in the camp. I'm way up here in Ontario, Canada and would really like to hear how things are going for him. From what I hear, he's doing good and will provide a good backup role with Watts to fill in for the starters.

The first game is creeping up and any info or word of any kind would be helpful to my ears, I have been checking this board everyday to just read and find out any information about Jerry Rice since I am so obsessed. Please help.

aaronheeb
08-08-2005, 04:17 PM
Well on the depth chart he is the #3 or 4 WR so far... He is the backup to Lelie as of right now. So that means he is beating out Luke at least for the 4 spot. My guess would be that the ranking order goes

1. Rod
2. Lelie
3. Watts
4. Rice

RoorRipper
08-08-2005, 04:24 PM
Personally, seeing as how Watts is dropping balls like its his dayjob, I would like to see Jerry as our 3rd receiver.

BroncoRT
08-08-2005, 04:29 PM
When ever the Broncos are in the Red Zone, I think Rice will get a lot of action. The rest of the field he will be the fourth reciever, but when it comes to 3rd and short or red zone scoring opportunities, he will get significant playing time.

aberdien
08-08-2005, 06:30 PM
Jerry should take over Watts' job. Here's how the depth chart should be IMO.

WR
1. Rod Smith
2. Ashley Lelie
3. Jerry Rice
4. Darius Watts
5. BJ Johnson :P <----biased

Dean
08-09-2005, 07:12 PM
There was some speculation on orangemane.com that Rice missed practice today and may be considering retirement. This is unverified but I thought I would give a "heads up".

Sorry but I no longer see B.J. making the roster. From the practice camp reports, he seems to be the invisible man.

gobroncsnv
08-11-2005, 06:14 PM
You hear alot about how MR Rice has lost a step or two, can't outrun people, etc... The same could have been said for Steve Largent or (I know, a Raider) Fred Biletnikof (I don't even pretend to know how to spell it). Yes, speed kills, IF YOU CAN CATCH! Elusiveness is a beautiful thing, IF YOU CAN CATCH!
Jerry CAN CATCH!!!!!
Possession receivers earn their money by the amount of super glue on their hands. Having some of the younger players develop has to be a priority, but a sure catch for 8 yards on 3rd and 5 is MONEY!!!
I've never liked ANY team that Rice has played for, up until now, so I'm really hoping he hangs in and makes at least #4. 75% of him is better than 110% of ALOT of other guys.

SwedeBronco
08-16-2005, 10:15 AM
Personally, seeing as how Watts is dropping balls like its his dayjob, I would like to see Jerry as our 3rd receiver.

Your wish is Shanahan's command. I knew Jerry could easily become the #3 Guy :D

ricethegoat
08-18-2005, 08:45 AM
Well on the depth chart he is the #3 or 4 WR so far... He is the backup to Lelie as of right now. So that means he is beating out Luke at least for the 4 spot. My guess would be that the ranking order goes

1. Rod
2. Lelie
3. Watts
4. Rice

EDIT:

1. Rod
2. Lelie
3. RICE :eek:
4. Watts

(Rice 3rd and MOVING UP...:))

RoorRipper
08-18-2005, 09:20 AM
Your wish is Shanahan's command. I knew Jerry could easily become the #3 Guy :D
In that video today it looked like Jerry was once again moved back to third receiver. Is this true?
Rod had a few great routes/catches.

Hartley
08-18-2005, 10:12 AM
I was at camp a two weeks ago, i got the impression that they are kind of nursing him in camp. They dont want him to get hurt, they dont want to use tire him out. I think Shanny knows that he doesnt need another camp to improve, i mean he has been through 20 already. I believe they have him practice sparringly, just to see what level his is at and hope to save his talent for the season.