PDA

View Full Version : Sam Brandon or Nick Feugerson

Denver'sChamp
08-09-2005, 04:21 AM
Who should start at safety, Sam Brandon orFeugerson. According to TC notes, Brandon has 6 INTs. Feugerson is faster. Mike prefers work progress aver potential.

Brandon should start at least 3 games.( Oakland and Phillaphedlphia).tHose two teams both pass alot and have dangerous recievers.

KnightOLB53
08-09-2005, 05:23 AM
Very good question.

I'm just going to go with Nick right now since he is already on first team D and since its only been a week of TC. But if Sam keeps doing what he is doing i will not be surprised if he does take the spot.

EMCF
08-09-2005, 06:09 AM
Brandon Browner....

But I suppose, all things being equal, Nick Ferguson, unless Sam Brandon keeps up the good work.

KnightOLB53
08-09-2005, 06:37 AM
Oh yea i forgot about Browner.

He has been doing good in TC. Im likeing the hits he is laying and i think he has about 3 or 4 interceptions.

Perry1977
08-09-2005, 06:45 AM
Ferguson! :beer:

oldustyballs
08-09-2005, 08:11 AM
How about both and let John Lynch sit down for a couple games. :D

ttejuco
08-09-2005, 11:12 AM
Start Brandon Browner and Jeremy LeSueur :rockon:

Adrenaline
08-09-2005, 11:14 AM
Whoever earns it in the coach's eyes.

Ferguson is a starter so far on the depth chart. But Brandon seems to be making a solid run at it.

RoorRipper
08-09-2005, 11:16 AM
Ferguson. He knows the defense, isn't a rookie, and is still pretty fast.

Denver'sChamp
08-11-2005, 04:43 AM
Feugerson had an INT and 2 sacks against the Texans yesterday night. Hopefully, he can do this during game time.

Bailey's injury is tidbit trouble some. I know it is precautions, but he should practice, a smidge bit.

The coach should let Bailey play on Saturday, for one series. That way, he gets playing team and and avoid any further injuries.

Emancipator
08-11-2005, 08:52 AM
The question is who will be the immediate backups to Lynch and Ferguson should one of the go down.

Brandon, LeSuer, Browner

I think I was the first to mention Brandon Browners name on these boards anywhere. I think Denver has a jewel in that young man. I predict once he becomes a starter and has a full year he will make the Pro Bowl and be a household name.

topscribe
08-11-2005, 09:07 AM
I suppose the one who should start would be the one who is standing once the dust clears. In other words, I'm all for letting the coaches decide.

Regarding Browner and LeSueur, both are described in reports as very raw at this point. It apparently is going to take them a while before they can make much of a splash. In fact, LeSueur has been back running a little at nickle CB again.

-----

ReleaseTheBeast7
08-11-2005, 09:22 AM
Start Brandon Browner and Jeremy LeSueur :rockon:

Ttejuco = My brotha from anotha motha! :rockon:

JRWIZ
08-11-2005, 09:34 PM
I suppose the one who should start would be the one who is standing once the dust clears. In other words, I'm all for letting the coaches decide.

Regarding Browner and LeSueur, both are described in reports as very raw at this point. It apparently is going to take them a while before they can make much of a splash. In fact, LeSueur has been back running a little at nickle CB again.

-----

I like what I have seen in Browner, faster than most has the size to cover anyone, is natural in coverage since he was a CB in the real life. Seems to have picked off several passes in camp. Not sure if they were great picks or bad passes.

Not so sure about the run coverage and his tackling ability against the run.

I too beleive that this kid once he starts will be ones of the gems in this draft.

Colorado69
08-11-2005, 10:34 PM
Nick Ferguson has earned the starting position from his play in the past and in TC. I am just glad that the depth is looking so good. I don't know how many safeties they will keep, but the talent is encouraging. When Lynch retires, one of the youngsters should be ready to step in. All the efforts of the last two drafts and FA deals will hopefully show up with the DBs being a deep part of the team.

JED Bronco
08-12-2005, 10:02 AM
Nick has always been a difference maker. He posted a sack in Houston and I like that.

chickennob2
08-12-2005, 10:43 AM
I say start the best players in pass coverage. Lets face it, Lynch iswell past his prime. He's a run stopper, and he lays out some big hits. We dont need that. We dont need run stoppers at safety, we need players who can help in pass protection. Because lets face it, NO RB will make it past our LB's.

Realistically though, i could see Lynch being a 2 down player this year. He doesn't contribute very much in pass protection. If we could move LeSeur in there, or another coverage-oriented FS, we would greatly improve the team as a whole on 3rd down situations.

OrangeShadow
08-12-2005, 10:50 AM
id like to see chris young step up

JED Bronco
08-12-2005, 11:02 AM
I say start the best players in pass coverage. Lets face it, Lynch iswell past his prime. He's a run stopper, and he lays out some big hits. We dont need that. We dont need run stoppers at safety, we need players who can help in pass protection. Because lets face it, NO RB will make it past our LB's.

Realistically though, i could see Lynch being a 2 down player this year. He doesn't contribute very much in pass protection. If we could move LeSeur in there, or another coverage-oriented FS, we would greatly improve the team as a whole on 3rd down situations.

If Lynch can't play pass then he needs to ride the pine when we play Indy. Manning will pass in a heartbeat on first or second if he reads mismatch.

Shanahanaramjam
08-12-2005, 11:14 AM
I agree. If we are to move deep into the playoffs we need speed back there. I think Lynch is a liability at this point of his great career. I'd like to see one of the young kids get a shot.

JRWIZ
08-12-2005, 10:23 PM

He is and will be a complete player. There may a few situations that he would come out. But Veterans bring more the table than just speed. They bring being in the right place at he right time. Remember playing off he LOS is a difference maker when it comes down to flat out speed, the Wr has to cover that 10-15 yards the Safety is all ready there. the difference in 4.7 speed and 4.3 is less than than ten yards he already has as a buffer zone.

He brings savy to the team. Will he be pahsed out in the final year of his contract probably but on his terms.

topscribe
08-12-2005, 10:34 PM
lets face it, NO RB will make it past our LB's.
When I see Lynch with zero tackles at the end of the year, I may side with you on that.

-----

Denver'sChamp
08-13-2005, 10:44 AM
When we play against Indy and Oakland, we could use a 3-3-4 formation. This will allow more coverges, and confusion. It will also aloow Lynch, Feugerson and Brandon to play all in the same field at once.

Patriots only rushed two against the Colts.

Peerless
08-13-2005, 10:52 AM
Nick or Sam? You've got to be kidding me right?

Shanahanaramjam
08-13-2005, 11:10 AM
DenversChamp, there are 11 guys on the defensive side of the ball. You have them playing 10?

Jaws
08-13-2005, 11:45 AM
DenversChamp, there are 11 guys on the defensive side of the ball. You have them playing 10?

That's because the Broncos D is so strong we can cope with 1 man less! ;) :D

Denver'sChamp
08-13-2005, 03:33 PM
I'm just talking about going against just going agaisnt two recievers. In a 3-3-5, there are thre DL, 3 LB and 5 DBs. You can put 3 safetys or 4 CBs. There is 11 total men on the team.

If the DL gets +10 sacks than last year or constant pressure and confuse QB's more , the defensive will be special.