PDA

View Full Version : Tatum Bell is all talk!

Shanahanaramjam
08-09-2005, 02:15 PM
LOL! Tatum all off season mouthed off saying he is the running back for "The Squad", and the depth chart shows him backing up Mike Anderson. Last year he said he would be the best back in the game, again mouthing off. Tatum, you need to get your game right before you start flapping the gums brother. Right now you look weak! You cant even beat out an old man, who by the way is a little better than above average. Why were you picked in the second round of the draft again?

silkamilkamonic
08-09-2005, 02:19 PM
Yep.

I'm thinking it's becoming more and more evident that Tatum Bell is no Ray Mickens.

Shanahanaramjam
08-09-2005, 02:21 PM
I don't get that comment? :confused:

jimdez7784
08-09-2005, 02:21 PM
Calm down, let him atleast play some preseason games. I mean gosh, this depth chart will change before the season. that's why they play the games.

Shanahanaramjam
08-09-2005, 02:24 PM
No, I agree with you. However, this guy has done a lot of talking and thus far hasn't brought the beer to the picnic. RB is the easiest position to translate to the pro's, so there is no age excuse.

RunYouOver
08-09-2005, 02:36 PM
I don't get that comment? :confused:

You don't get anything. All You've done is call out different team members and blasted them...first plummer, now bell. Would you wait till the freakin season starts??

I don't care how bell's acting now, and don't let my username fool you, I like him, but I'm not in love with him. He's going to get better, he's probably just taking it easy in practice so he doesn't get injured.

You haven't even watched him play a pre-season game yet!!

Be a fan of the broncos and root for the team and appreciate the players, not blast them.

:mad:

ebsoria
08-09-2005, 02:41 PM
It is probably just optimism, but I think it is only time before tha talk becomes PLAY.

al_wilson_fan
08-09-2005, 02:56 PM
I'm going to reserve my judgement on Bell until I see him play this year. I agree to the point, he has been entirely too vocal, but that's an unfortunate reality in this league with some athletes put in "skill" positions. As a Bronco fan, I hope to see Tater shifty, elusive and lightning fast when he darts through the hole on game day. I still think the game results and injury situations will decide who will be starting against the Dolphins.

Shanahanaramjam
08-09-2005, 03:24 PM
Tatum26Bell you sure you're not in love with him? I bet you have your Broncos calendar over your bed stuck on his month. I bet you think of him when you're in bed at night during your alone time. Tatum Bell needs to step it up and so does Jake for that matter, If we are to be in Detroit in February! Don't for one-second doubt my love for this team. I am a die hard fan of this organization and have been for the last 20 years.

diesel51
08-09-2005, 07:01 PM
Love the comment,

thus far hasn't brought the beer to the picnic. !

Love it man!!! :beer:

RunYouOver
08-09-2005, 08:18 PM
Tatum26Bell you sure you're not in love with him? I bet you have your Broncos calendar over your bed stuck on his month. I bet you think of him when you're in bed at night during your alone time. Tatum Bell needs to step it up and so does Jake for that matter, If we are to be in Detroit in February! Don't for one-second doubt my love for this team. I am a die hard fan of this organization and have been for the last 20 years.

If I questioned your love for the team I didn't mean too. I don't question fans love for the team, if they say they love it, they love it.

But seriously, I check here a week ago and you were saying how we can't win with plummer and all he does is throw picks, and now this about bell.

C'mon man, just root for the broncos, no matter who's running it, or passing it. I hate ron dayne but if he's doing the running, and sucking at it, I'll be upset, but i'll still root for him to do well over him not being our back at all.

Yes, you are totally right, that calender is stuck on his page :confused:
If I just said I'm sticking up for him and other broncos how is that being in love with him.

Whatever, just try not to be so pessimistic about the team.

Please. :goofy:

Snk16
08-09-2005, 09:05 PM
Woah, dude, at least wait for the pre-season. You don't know he won't be the starter. Right now the depth chart means nothing. Training Camp's going on and they're having the positional battles right now. You also have to watch the game situations, how Tatum will do. :coffee:

Shanahanaramjam
08-10-2005, 06:12 AM
Tatum26Bell show me where I said "WE CAN'T WIN WITH JAKE PLUMMER AT QB"? If you show me that, I'll send you tickets to the Broncos vs. Giants game this year.

RunYouOver
08-10-2005, 07:48 AM
Tatum26Bell show me where I said "WE CAN'T WIN WITH JAKE PLUMMER AT QB"? If you show me that, I'll send you tickets to the Broncos vs. Giants game this year.

I've watched every day of camp highlights. Is it me or is Jake Plummer throwing pick after pick after pick? This guy will never shake this tag! Long year ahead if he keeps this shi* up.

A long year ahead insinuates we can't win with him, making it a longyear

Ravage!!!
08-10-2005, 08:06 AM
Not that we can't win... it insinuates that its going to be a long season of losing games due to INTs. Maybe you feel he said we won't win them all?

Peerless
08-10-2005, 08:08 AM
If you really think MA will be the starting back the whole season your crazy.

Ravage!!!
08-10-2005, 08:08 AM
No, I agree with you. However, this guy has done a lot of talking and thus far hasn't brought the beer to the picnic. RB is the easiest position to translate to the pro's, so there is no age excuse.

Excuse for what? There hasn't even been a pre-season game, and you are saying there is a reason needed for an excuse? What? Let the season at least get somewhat underway before you call players out.

RunYouOver
08-10-2005, 08:11 AM
Not that we can't win... it insinuates that its going to be a long season of losing games due to INTs. Maybe you feel he said we won't win them all?

I know he didn't mean we can't win him all, but he's saying we can't be a successful team with plummer.

Q_Ball22
08-10-2005, 08:17 AM
You don't get anything. All You've done is call out different team members and blasted them...first plummer, now bell. Would you wait till the freakin season starts??

I don't care how bell's acting now, and don't let my username fool you, I like him, but I'm not in love with him. He's going to get better, he's probably just taking it easy in practice so he doesn't get injured.

You haven't even watched him play a pre-season game yet!!

Be a fan of the broncos and root for the team and appreciate the players, not blast them.

:mad:
This is coming from someone who probably bashed Q on more then one occasion

RunYouOver
08-10-2005, 08:20 AM
This is coming from someone who probably bashed Q on more then one occasion

Nope, never bashed Q.

Not ever. I rooted for him when he was the starter last year. :beer:

Adrenaline
08-10-2005, 09:21 AM
If you really think MA will be the starting back the whole season your crazy.

Guess im crazy :P

EDIT: I do support Tatum though.

Duilen
08-10-2005, 10:18 AM
Changing your position to bash a player based on a little second hand info out of TC puts you on about the same level as a fair weather fan. Everyone who is now calling for a public lynching of Tatum I would fully expect to see sporting a Colts or a Vikings hat as soon as we see a 7 win season.

I'm not saying Tatum is going to emerge as the #1 RB and tear up the league in yards but he has given us no reason to disrespect him. Until he discraces the game of football like TO or Ricky Williams he deserves our respect and loyalty. The same goes for the entire Broncos organization.

Bronx84
08-10-2005, 10:42 AM
I personally think MA is better than Tatum and MA isn't that old he could have another 2 or 3 years under his belt. But hopefully by then Tatum will smarten up.

JRWIZ
08-10-2005, 03:35 PM
Changing your position to bash a player based on a little second hand info out of TC puts you on about the same level as a fair weather fan. Everyone who is now calling for a public lynching of Tatum I would fully expect to see sporting a Colts or a Vikings hat as soon as we see a 7 win season.

I'm not saying Tatum is going to emerge as the #1 RB and tear up the league in yards but he has given us no reason to disrespect him. Until he discraces the game of football like TO or Ricky Williams he deserves our respect and loyalty. The same goes for the entire Broncos organization.

Not many are asking for a lynching.

But by opening his big mouth and braying like a donkey his the being best Rb in the league. There were a couple of other quotes that I have tried to forget. This tends to make folks have higher expectations, than they probably should and the higher they are the farther they fall.

towels
08-11-2005, 10:45 AM
He's going to get better, he's probably just taking it easy in practice so he doesn't get injured.

I'll have to try that out on my boss.
The Allen Iverson "Just Practice" defense is not going to win one many admirers, especially when the coach talks about playing like you practice.
I think the feeling about Tatum right now is disappointment. He may have all the physical gifts, but if he's not going to give it his all to compete for his job, how can his teammates and coaches trust him to give it his all during the game.
I want to root for players who are going to give their all, everytime. If you see that as a slam on Bell, then I guess we just have different expectations.