PDA

View Full Version : Good day for Griffin....

mrsolo
08-09-2005, 03:55 PM
Quoted from Denver Post website:

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_2924829

Good day for Griffin

Shanahan said nothing should be read into the battle for the top running back spot. However, he did say Quentin Griffin played well Monday. Griffin broke several long runs working with the second team. He was the primary back last year before losing the job to since-traded Reuben Droughns. Griffin was lost for the season with a torn ACL while working on kickoffs. The Broncos would like to see the elusive Griffin become a change-of-pace option.

It's good to see Griffin turning some heads. I think he'll be a good compliment to Mike/Tatum this year. Sounds like his knee is in pretty good shape. I can't wait to see the Broncos in action to see how everyone looks against another team!!

ebsoria
08-09-2005, 04:08 PM
Man, that would be GREAT to see the little man come back strong!

ludo
08-09-2005, 05:00 PM
Man, that would be GREAT to see the little man come back strong!

I hope he only comes back for 3rd downs and screen plays, otherwise hes worthless caz he cant handle any more than that, IMO

RoorRipper
08-09-2005, 05:15 PM
I hope he only comes back for 3rd downs and screen plays, otherwise hes worthless caz he cant handle any more than that, IMO
Really? On turf, I would rather have this guy start for us over any other back. He made the Indy defense look bad two years ago. I really like Quiffin, I hope he stays healthy and is productive for us.

chickennob2
08-09-2005, 08:57 PM

Thats true, he cant handle any more than that, if that implies running him between the tackles. shanny needs to recognize that Q will never be an up the gut runner.

mrsolo
08-09-2005, 08:58 PM

Worthless is pretty harsh, and absolutely incorrect. :confused:

Adrenaline
08-09-2005, 09:00 PM
It's very good to hear good things about all of our RB , well maybe not that MO may have got injured. But they all seem to be doing very well. :cheers:

arapaho
08-10-2005, 07:46 AM

geee your opinion sucks :coffee:

arapaho
08-10-2005, 07:47 AM
Thats true, he cant handle any more than that, if that implies running him between the tackles. shanny needs to recognize that Q will never be an up the gut runner.

who is an up the gut runner against the jags or dolts?

myoung
08-10-2005, 12:18 PM
Really? On turf, I would rather have this guy start for us over any other back. He made the Indy defense look bad two years ago. I really like Quiffin, I hope he stays healthy and is productive for us.

He made the Indy D look bad on a week that they gave us a game. Come on, it never ceases to amaze me how people on this board keep bringing up the two Indy regular season games the last couple of years. When will we realize that those were not the real Indy teams. Did you watch the playoffs. I don't think we can read anything into those two regular season games.

mrsolo
08-10-2005, 01:05 PM
He made the Indy D look bad on a week that they gave us a game. Come on, it never ceases to amaze me how people on this board keep bringing up the two Indy regular season games the last couple of years. When will we realize that those were not the real Indy teams. Did you watch the playoffs. I don't think we can read anything into those two regular season games.

Gave us the game.....you get real? The only "given" game I saw that year was us against Green Bay. You CAN NOT take away from Q's performance that game, because he made so many plays and so many people miss on his own, after he got past the line of scrimmage. Just give him is credit, or even if you don't want to, quit being negative about it. He is a Bronco, and if you're a fan, you'll applaud him for the accomplishment.

myoung
08-10-2005, 01:15 PM
Gave us the game.....you get real? The only "given" game I saw that year was us against Green Bay. You CAN NOT take away from Q's performance that game, because he made so many plays and so many people miss on his own, after he got past the line of scrimmage. Just give him is credit, or even if you don't want to, quit being negative about it. He is a Bronco, and if you're a fan, you'll applaud him for the accomplishment.

If you don't see the difference between playing against a team that is not playing alot of their starters and sits most everyone in the second half then you get real. The Colts did not bring their A game in the two regular season games. I am a fan and I want what is best for our team. The best for our team is not done in evaluating our players against also ran competition. It is important to factor in the scenarios of the game when you evaluate the accomplishments of a player. If not you are living on a pipe dream pulled out of your own little hope chest.

mrsolo
08-10-2005, 01:33 PM
If you don't see the difference between playing against a team that is not playing alot of their starters and sits most everyone in the second half then you get real. The Colts did not bring their A game in the two regular season games. I am a fan and I want what is best for our team. The best for our team is not done in evaluating our players against also ran competition. It is important to factor in the scenarios of the game when you evaluate the accomplishments of a player. If not you are living on a pipe dream pulled out of your own little hope chest.

I just realized why I dont' like talking to you. You're very closed minded. He ran well against their starter too. I have it on tape if you'd like to get together and watch it some time. :duh:

JRWIZ
08-10-2005, 03:18 PM

If you truly believe in 2003 that IND did not have there a team on the field ou need to look back at it again. They had home field advantage riding on that game.

Q took over the game and ate their lunch, sorry to burst bubbles on this one while they may not have a stellar defense they played for pride, if nothing else in that game.

2004 was another story they did rest the starters after the first series.

I woudl suggst that we let the head coach Mikey make the decision about evaluating our players against also ran competition

I'm willing to let him decide who starts and who does not.