PDA

View Full Version : Is Mike shining Jake!

tddavis30
08-10-2005, 09:29 PM
In every article I read, Mike and the Broncos staff say that Jake has a lot of potential. Not to be a buzzkill but his interceptions do not show potential. Don't get me wrong I agree he is a good quarterback, I just don't think he's living up to his real potential. The staff just covers it up by saying hes catching bad luck. All I know is they need to realize the problem, get Jake pumped and we will go to the SUPER BOWL, and not just barely clinch a field goal win, just kick some major azz.
I'd pick Jake Plummer over Tom Brady(Overrated) anyday.

P.S. Tom Brady will choke this year, and the Patriots will not continue their super bowl streak. :D

BroncoRT
08-10-2005, 09:36 PM
In every article I read, Mike and the Broncos staff say that Jake has a lot of potential. Not to be a buzzkill but his interceptions do not show potential. Don't get me wrong I agree he is a good quarterback, I just don't think he's living up to his real potential. The staff just covers it up by saying hes catching bad luck. All I know is they need to realize the problem, get Jake pumped and we will go to the SUPER BOWL, and not just barely clinch a field goal win, just kick some major azz.

P.S. Tom Brady will choke this year, and the Patriots will not continue their super bowl streak. :D

Whoa, Tom Brady overated??? :confused: The guy has won THREE SUPER BOWLS. I think Tom Brady doesn't get enough credit for being as good as he is. He just wins and you can't ask for anything else.

If you take Jake over Brady, than you have one hell of a drug dealer, because you are high as a kite. :D

tddavis30
08-10-2005, 09:46 PM
I'm only saying hes overrated because that idiot that has a new show on espn talks as if he is Tom Brady's secret lover. By the way Tom Brady didn't win three super bowls the Patriots did, and you barely hear anything about the rest of the team. alright i admit hes not overrated i'm just sick of hearing about him, my balls took over my brain for a second when i said that.

Ravage!!!
08-10-2005, 10:45 PM

I'm glad you aren't our GM. Even GM's can pick with hindsight.. except you. The patriots won't have their SB this year..but it won't be because of Tom Brady.

topscribe
08-10-2005, 10:51 PM
Tom Brady will choke this year
Hmmm . . . . three Super Bowls, and now all the sudden Brady's going to choke.

Brilliant.

-----

Ravage!!!
08-10-2005, 10:52 PM
Hmmm . . . . three Super Bowls, and now all the sudden Brady's going to choke.

Brilliant.

-----
yeah. As if the reason they DON'T win the SB is because Tom choked....then they will claim "they called it."

broncofan303
08-10-2005, 11:00 PM
what makes Tom Brady so good is that he doesn't throw away the game...He manages the game, makes key passes, and most importantly doesn't turn it over.. He's not doing anything spectacular like throwing it in small windows (ala Elway), doesn't have an accurate down field arm...he's just really in control and has faith in his teammates to do what they need to do..

we need something like that in Denver...

In-com-plete
08-11-2005, 08:21 AM
what makes Tom Brady so good is that he doesn't throw away the game...He manages the game, makes key passes, and most importantly doesn't turn it over.. He's not doing anything spectacular like throwing it in small windows (ala Elway), doesn't have an accurate down field arm...he's just really in control and has faith in his teammates to do what they need to do..

we need something like that in Denver...
I agree that we need something similar to that in Denver, but we don't need Tom Brady. What we really need is a dominant defense like N.E. has. Our running game is better than theirs and our passing game is about the same. Only our passing game is more vertical. We don't spread out 5 wide and have Plummer dump the ball off like N.E. does with Brady. It's alot easier to throw less ints when you throw the ball 5-10 yards.

I think the Broncos would be average to below average if Brady was our QB. Call me an idiot, call me high, or call me a drug dealer if you want. But Shanahans offense is built around a mobile QB, and Brady is quite the opposite.

So many people say or imply things about how the Broncos would have been so much better had Plummer not thrown all those picks. But what about that defense. Maybe if they had forced more turnovers we would have been so much better. I agree Plummer needs to cut down on his mistakes, but that defense as a whole needs to force more mistakes by opposing offenses.

silkamilkamonic
08-11-2005, 11:34 AM
NE doesn not have a dominanat defense.

They have a dominant scheme.

Teams are able to move the ball on them, but when a big play is needed, or a big stop is counted on, the Patriots defense is right there to make the play.

btw, Tom Brady, in his 4-5 years in the league, how many driving victories does he have, in the playoffs alone? I can think of 2 In SuperBowls of the top of my head.