PDA

View Full Version : Rams thoughts

Chubs_323
08-10-2005, 10:07 PM
Do yall think my Rammies will be any good this year? Last year was terrible, but they got 17 returning starters, and they always do well when not much is expected of them. But of course 17 returning starters from a 4-7 team may not mean much.

broncofan303
08-10-2005, 10:35 PM
I say third..they were miserable last year but they did play half their season without Holland, thats a big one to lose... but I can see them being 7-3/4 with losses to Colorado, Minnesota, Utah, and maybe New Mexico...

Chubs_323
08-10-2005, 10:44 PM
yeah i agree, but ill switch Utah and New Mexico, New Mexico will be real good and Utah will be iffy.

Oh and thanks for not being a totally moronic CU fan, it's much appreciated!
:beer:

BVP
08-10-2005, 10:44 PM
I say that we finish in first. Cause, non-conference doesn't hurt us at all. We have our 4 big starters back: Holland, Anderson, Courtney Jones and Ben Stratton. Also, with the loss of Paris Warren and Alex Smith out of Utah, that hurts them alot. So, that is why I think that CSU will return to be the MWC once again.

broncofan303
08-10-2005, 11:03 PM
yeah i agree, but ill switch Utah and New Mexico, New Mexico will be real good and Utah will be iffy.

Oh and thanks for not being a totally moronic CU fan, it's much appreciated!
:beer:

LOL yeah I can be a punk, but I'd just rather talk football ...

Rammies have a solid team this year, they have most of their players back and Holland healthy...but scary thing is that so does CU with the exception of Purify.. it should be a fun September 3rd matchup..

BVP
08-11-2005, 11:41 AM
I may seem like a CSU homer, but, I am really not. Whenever I say CSU=Natl. Champs, I am just joking around. But, when I say that CSU can beat CU, Im not joking around. You may not believe it, but like Chubs said, we have 17 returning starters. Though we did lose Joel Dreesen, we got Justin Holland back, and David Anderson is better than ever. And, now that Courtney Jones has had a full year of playing experiance at MLB, he will be more effective. And, Ben Stratton will be good to at FS. Don't expect this game to be an easy win, cause, like last year, it will be a battle till the end.

broncofan303
08-11-2005, 06:47 PM
Yeah it really sucks that CSU gets up every year for this game... It wouldn't surprise me if CSU does beat CU and lose to Wyoming or some team like that because anything can happen in the Mile High Showdown...

Whether or not CU fans consider CSU a rivalry, it doesn't matter, the battle is going to end 2008..CU is going to be playing Air Force instead of CSU...

BVP
08-12-2005, 08:35 PM
I read in the Newspaper a while ago, that they have extended the game through 2012.

Damn, it wouldn't be any fun going to CSU and not playing CU.

thesaint
08-13-2005, 07:21 AM
Whether or not CU fans consider CSU a rivalry, it doesn't matter, the battle is going to end 2008..CU is going to be playing Air Force instead of CSU...

This is absolutely untrue. CU is signed to play CSU at least through the 2010-2011 season. They are looking to add Air Force IN ADDITION to the CSU game.

CU vs. Air Force used to be a decent rivalry back in the 60's-70's.

broncofan303
08-13-2005, 10:20 AM
This is absolutely untrue. CU is signed to play CSU at least through the 2010-2011 season. They are looking to add Air Force IN ADDITION to the CSU game.

CU vs. Air Force used to be a decent rivalry back in the 60's-70's.

Hmm... yeah its one of those two..but I thought the Air Force/Colorado game was going to replace the CSU game.. it won't look too good for Colorado to play 2 mountain west teams in the non-conference schedule..espeically when we're playing teams like Florida State and this year Miami...

thesaint
08-13-2005, 11:20 AM
it won't look too good for Colorado to play 2 mountain west teams in the non-conference schedule..espeically when we're playing teams like Florida State and this year Miami...

I dont think it looks bad at all. Two in state rivalries and a game vs. a national power is a nice non-conference schedule.
CU adds North Carolina in a few years as well as Georgia a few years later.

BVP
08-13-2005, 12:00 PM
Well, hopefully the Rams can get back into the top 25 in the next couple of years. Cause with the schedule they are playing this year, if they win their games, it could bring them back to the top 30. With games against CU, Minnesota, Utah, and Whyoming, those are all good opponents, and if they win those games, that should almost be an easy ticket to the top 25 if they win their conference too.