PDA

View Full Version : BVP--I see now....

ryanvscott
08-15-2005, 07:01 AM
I see what all the hype was about now with BVP. He is a gamer. Raw...but he escaped two sacks that just about any other qb couldn't have. If he just learns to have better control, we might be looking at our 2007 starter.
Mauck has the LSU national championship pedigree, and his quick slant audible to Devoe that turned into the long TD was smart, but I think BVP's athleticism trumps that.
I saw only two things that really excited me on Saturday night...BVP and (gasp) Dorsett Davis. Davis was all over the field.

Calif. Bronco
08-15-2005, 09:49 AM
If he just learns to have better control, we might be looking at our 2007 starter.

Did I miss something? Is Jake only playing 2 more years?

ryanvscott
08-15-2005, 12:29 PM
No, his contract is for longer than that, but if he is still inconsistent this year, Shanahan will bench or cut him, IMO.

Beretta
08-15-2005, 04:59 PM
I just heard an impromptu interview with BVP as he was coming off the practice field. It was a good fifteen minutes long with the AM 760 ESPN guy asking him all sorts of things from Watts to Dayne, beating out his friends, Cu vs Csu. It was quite a varied discussion and he handled it very well. He didnt stick to cliches, he was articulate and to the point.

To me that is more telling about his future here than Saturday was. To excel in Shanahans system you have got to have talent, fire, and brains.

Griese lacked the fire, or he would still be here today. Plummer has the talent and fire and seems to grasp the offense despite what some may say. He will stay with us for a long while but I doubt he will retire as a Bronco.

If BVP has the brains he could push for a starting job three seasons from now, if he cant hang talking Xs with Kubiak and Shanahan he won't. gp

mendozer
08-18-2005, 01:13 PM
i said from the very beginning of the training camp threads that BVP wud rise to the No. 2 spot. no one agreed with me. everyone sed kanell then mauck or mauck then kanell" van pelt reminds me of plummer. hes athletic, can evade tackles, and has a grizzly adams look hahaa

ttejuco
08-18-2005, 08:49 PM
BVP is definately a gamer.

However i dont like how everyone says: "He should play linebacker, or safety, or fullback". He runs a 4.8. That is slow. Im guessing he runs faster than his timed speed, but still. Plummer runs a 4.7 surprisingly.

BVP reminds me of Adrian McPherson. Atheletic, raw, talented, but not a "quarterback" yet. Even though McPherson proved himself in the AFL, it is, the AFL, not the NFL.

The moment when BVP shows improved accuracy, great vision, i will be impressed. At least he didnt cause any turnovers during the Texans game, but he did almost get picked off in the end zone.

Sharpe1az
08-25-2005, 02:44 PM
If anyone doubts BVP ability they must not have watched him play football at CSU. The guy is a stud......period. Sure Jake Plummer is a good QB but I'd rather watch BVP anyday.

I guess it helps to have played football to truely appreciate the type of player BVP is. Anyone who isn't on the BVP bandwagon probably just never played.

topscribe
08-25-2005, 03:13 PM
BVP is definately a gamer.

However i dont like how everyone says: "He should play linebacker, or safety, or fullback". He runs a 4.8. That is slow. Im guessing he runs faster than his timed speed, but still. Plummer runs a 4.7 surprisingly.

BVP reminds me of Adrian McPherson. Atheletic, raw, talented, but not a "quarterback" yet. Even though McPherson proved himself in the AFL, it is, the AFL, not the NFL.

The moment when BVP shows improved accuracy, great vision, i will be impressed. At least he didnt cause any turnovers during the Texans game, but he did almost get picked off in the end zone.
As Ravage once pointed out, there is straight line 40 speed in shorts, then there is football speed. Jake and BVP both have seemed to show greater football speed than their 40 times indicate. Another is Devoe, whose 40 is officially 4.64. But when he took off on that 92-yard TD reception, he was much faster than a 4.64 runner.

-----

Perry1977
08-25-2005, 03:16 PM
i said from the very beginning of the training camp threads that BVP wud rise to the No. 2 spot. no one agreed with me. everyone sed kanell then mauck or mauck then kanell" van pelt reminds me of plummer. hes athletic, can evade tackles, and has a grizzly adams look hahaa

No you didn't. The closest thing to that is:

plummer
mauck
van pelt
friehauf (practice squad this year)

kanell working at mcdonalds for the rest of his life and miracuously wins....employee of the month in 10 years :)

http://216.58.161.132/forums/showthread.php?p=601486#post601486

You picked Mauck as the #2 guy and BVP 3rd. Grats on getting the Kannell fall out on the money, though.

watchthemiddle
08-25-2005, 11:06 PM
As Ravage once pointed out, there is straight line 40 speed in shorts, then there is football speed. Jake and BVP both have seemed to show greater football speed than their 40 times indicate. Another is Devoe, whose 40 is officially 4.64. But when he took off on that 92-yard TD reception, he was much faster than a 4.64 runner.

-----

Same could be said about the GOAT, Terrell Davis, and Emmitt Smith. No one ever said they were speed demons on a track ,but put pads on them and they couldn't be touched.

In-com-plete
08-26-2005, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by mendozer
plummer
mauck
van pelt

kanell working at mcdonalds for the rest of his life and miracuously wins....employee of the month in 10 years

http://216.58.161.132/forums/showthread.php?p=601486#post601486

You picked Mauck as the #2 guy and BVP 3rd. Grats on getting the Kannell fall out on the money, though.
This is hilarious. Nothing like calling someone out and embarrasing the **** out of them. Definetly CP worthy.

Zanataki
08-30-2005, 09:44 AM
I like BVP but I think we should get Brad Smith if we get the chance. He is athletic and has a similar playing style, he is suprisingly very accurate on the run and he like a running back and has good speed. He has 4.5 40 time. We need another Missouri grad on the team, look how Rod turned out.

Emancipator
08-30-2005, 12:01 PM
Although he gives the apperance of confidence, he plays a little shaky. I hope he gets all that fix sense he's our backup. Please, pretty please Plummer stay healthy.

topscribe
08-30-2005, 12:35 PM
Although he gives the apperance of confidence, he plays a little shaky. I hope he gets all that fix sense he's our backup. Please, pretty please Plummer stay healthy.
I think it's called inexperience. I believe BVP will be okay as he gets more reps.

But you're right about Jake. :heh:

-----

Buff_bronc_fan
09-09-2005, 01:06 PM
I

To me that is more telling about his future here than Saturday was. To excel in Shanahans system you have got to have talent, fire, and brains.

Griese lacked the fire, or he would still be here today. ..... gp

Good point.. I have been outspoken about problems I have with BVP, but atleast he makes me feel something. With Griese I was just like "C'mon man, throw us a bone, do something." I will never accuse BVP of lacking heart or being fake, that's for sure.

DiehardinAlaska
09-09-2005, 10:12 PM
I think it's called inexperience. I believe BVP will be okay as he gets more reps.

But you're right about Jake. :heh:

-----

I'm too lazy to search through a million posts but I do remember you cracked me saying BVP couldn't hit the broadside of a barn. Glad to see you're backing him a little more.

topscribe
09-09-2005, 10:57 PM
I'm too lazy to search through a million posts but I do remember you cracked me saying BVP couldn't hit the broadside of a barn. Glad to see you're backing him a little more.
There's no need for such research. In a much more recent post, I admitted to having heavily doubted BVP. I also said in the same post I had changed my mind and become a BVP supporter from what I have seen of him so far this year.

This also puts me in a more comfortable position because I am a CSU fan.

However, despite frequently being called "homer" in various circumstances, I have shown that I don't necessarily back a player because he plays for my team. In fact, even though I now strongly support BVP and his alma mater, I was still heavily critical of his antics at this year's CU-CSU game.

It is what it is.

P.S. I highly doubt I used the cliché, "broadside of a barn." I believe I said something such as, he could not throw the ball into the ocean if he were standing in the water. That's more like me: a little more original. ;)

-----

Elway=Goat
09-11-2005, 03:44 AM
Quote:

Quote:
plummer
mauck
van pelt

kanell working at mcdonalds for the rest of his life and miracuously wins....employee of the month in 10 years

http://216.58.161.132/forums/showth...1486#post601486

You picked Mauck as the #2 guy and BVP 3rd. Grats on getting the Kannell fall out
on the money, though.

Dude, you just got OWNED!