PDA

View Full Version : deltha o'neal

Deltha1124
11-24-2003, 01:44 AM
Deltha, I just wanted to tell you that youve been my fav player since u played at Cal. Don't worry about the switch to offense man, u definitely have the talent to be a star cornerback, but just take the switch to wide receiver as a blessing and give it a shot cuz i think you could be tight receiver too. Well Good luck playa.

Pce

TJ Ross

Elway
11-26-2003, 09:25 PM
1 catch, 1 yard. Boy needs to hit the offensive playbook a little more.

ONealFan24
12-01-2003, 11:22 AM
no, he needs to be back where he belongs>> DEF!<<

TXBRONC
12-04-2003, 04:39 PM
Why so opponents can make toast out of him?

Return of Lava
12-04-2003, 05:55 PM
because he is the biggest turnover threat we have. he just needs to learn the moves of a WR he keeps getting burned on, i think thats what shanahan is doin.

ozzy_osbourne
12-04-2003, 08:32 PM
He should have picked something up from all the recievers that have burned him latley...

Elway
12-04-2003, 08:42 PM
Deltha has been burned for about 5 tds, costing us at least two games. The only was he is going on defense is to collect the jocks on laundry day.

Return of Lava
12-04-2003, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by Elway
Deltha has been burned for about 5 tds, costing us at least two games. The only was he is going on defense is to collect the jocks on laundry day. that may be true, but actually, he only got "burned" for about 2 of those 5 TD's. 2 of them come to mind. i remember the lions game, deltha had good position, he just didnt turn around in time. he tried to put his hand in the WR arms, but he was a sec. late. and the pats game on monday night, he wasnt burned on that either, he was in great position, but brady threw a perfect pass, there was no way he could have got to it even if he looked for it. Both of our stating CB's got burned WAY worse than deltha did that day. Deltha isnt as bad as most people think. he just needs to turn around and look for the ball when he is deep. I hope he goes back on defense with a new attitude.

K'Noy_Kills
12-05-2003, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Elway
1 catch, 1 yard. Boy needs to hit the offensive playbook a little more.

I aint like he's been playing on O all this year. Learn the game playa.

ONealFan24
12-08-2003, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by TXBRONC
Why so opponents can make toast out of him?

no way.. look at his stats.. bad season that all.. plus he barely has played this year.. how the hell can he do anything if he is benched?

TXBRONC
12-08-2003, 12:56 PM
If he focused I think you're right, however, he hasn't to this point.

Colorado Slayer
01-06-2004, 01:28 PM
Deltha...BIG HIPE...BIG DISAPPOINTMENT....PERIOD....He did have one good year but I don't think he can tackle a lick like some of the Broncos now...He reminds me of Deion.

Return of Lava
01-06-2004, 01:32 PM
I hope Deltha goes back to defense next year. He has learned some WR moves which makes it easier for him to defend against now. He WAS our biggest INT threat so i would like him back on D, he does well sniffing out screens too! He is still the fastest DB we have and i think we really need him to save salary cap space so we dont go spending money on other free agents who would get burned too. Woodson and Bailey keep coming up but people dont know how many times they get burned also, it happens.

DocŪ
01-06-2004, 02:18 PM
I will quote Mike Shanahan here...........in todays Denver Post he stated IF O'Neal returns he WILL NOT play on defense he will be a WR or he will be sent packing.

Personally I'd rather see him hit the bricks...........his attitude has sucked the past 2 seasons and its believed he was one of the "stragglers" that Rod Smith was talking about.........so unless he has a major attitude change then I hope we say good bye to him:mad:

http://www.denverpost.com/Stories/0,1413,36~86~1872667,00.html

Return of Lava
01-06-2004, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by DocŪ
I will quote Mike Shanahan here...........in todays Denver Post he stated IF O'Neal returns he WILL NOT play on defense he will be a WR or he will be sent packing.

Personally I'd rather see him hit the bricks...........his attitude has sucked the past 2 seasons and its believed he was one of the "stragglers" that Rod Smith was talking about.........so unless he has a major attitude change then I hope we say good bye to him:mad:

http://www.denverpost.com/Stories/0,1413,36~86~1872667,00.html well there must be some serious off-field situations cause oneal hasnt been playing THAT bad in the secondary. You cant name me one good CB that hasnt got burned less than 7 times in a year.

DocŪ
01-06-2004, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by Return of Lava
well there must be some serious off-field situations cause oneal hasnt been playing THAT bad in the secondary. You cant name me one good CB that hasnt got burned less than 7 times in a year.

What the Fugg have you been looking at the past 2 seasons???

O'Neal sucks in the secondary worse than a 2 dollar crack ho on skid row in downtown KC.............I have seen him get burnt 4-5 times in ONE game.

Getting burnt is not just giving up a TD its allowing your cover man to make catch after catch during a game..........besides it dont matter anyhow, Shanahan has made it clear that O'Neal is DONE as a DB with Denver!...........thank God for that:D

Return of Lava
01-06-2004, 04:07 PM
What the Fugg have you been looking at the past 2 seasons???

O'Neal sucks in the secondary worse than a 2 dollar crack ho on skid row in downtown KC.............I have seen him get burnt 4-5 times in ONE game.

Getting burnt is not just giving up a TD its allowing your cover man to make catch after catch during a game..........besides it dont matter anyhow, Shanahan has made it clear that O'Neal is DONE as a DB with Denver!...........thank God for that:D so who are we going to get to play CB then besides walls and herndon? we cant sign any free agents.

DocŪ
01-06-2004, 05:05 PM
so who are we going to get to play CB then besides walls and herndon? we cant sign any free agents.

I realize both Walls and Herndon got toasted a few times during the season but both are still very young and both got valuable experience this year.

We are just a couple mill over the cap right now but I fully expect some of the vets to restructure their current contracts and allow some free space to sign some new talent.........Shanahan has always been able to master the cap so I'm pretty sure he'll find some help back there for Herndon and Walls.

sirspence007
01-06-2004, 09:00 PM
Deltha thanks for signing my hat and my cards when u came to play oaktown. u mad one kids day.

DO!!!!!!!

Bronco Benny
01-09-2004, 12:31 AM
I do know one thing, Deltha is a God in Madden 2004!! Im in my third season as the Broncos(of course) and he's rated at 99. He's also running back the kicks and the punts and he makes the Pro Bowl doing that as well.

goodluv4Broncos
01-16-2004, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by Colorado Slayer
Deltha...BIG HIPE...BIG DISAPPOINTMENT....PERIOD....He did have one good year but I don't think he can tackle a lick like some of the Broncos now...He reminds me of Deion. HaHa Now that's funny, Dieon wishes he could have been blessed with talent, just like a good singer, you have to be trained. Shanny O is smart and he will train Deltha to be excellant in both area's CB and WR watch what the rest of us know Deltha O'Neal not only is good but has the speed to, the more he gets that ball the better he becomes. Watch him next season and I don't want to see all of your post talking about thats what I said. :laugh: It seems that's the way procastinator's do. GO Broncos all the way it's still next year in case anyone has forgotten. I remember another most famous Bronco player was suppose to be the biggest disappointment Denver ever gotten everyone said he was overpaid and couldn't play football. Can you tell me who that player was? Nah I don't think you can.Be glad we have a player who has genuine talent, and lets not 2nd guess our Coach cause he sure is wise and smart.

Bronco Benny
01-17-2004, 06:32 AM
Originally posted by goodluv4Broncos
HaHa Now that's funny, Dieon wishes he could have been blessed with talent, just like a good singer, you have to be trained. Shanny O is smart and he will train Deltha to be excellant in both area's CB and WR watch what the rest of us know Deltha O'Neal not only is good but has the speed to, the more he gets that ball the better he becomes. Watch him next season and I don't want to see all of your post talking about thats what I said. :laugh: It seems that's the way procastinator's do. GO Broncos all the way it's still next year in case anyone has forgotten. I remember another most famous Bronco player was suppose to be the biggest disappointment Denver ever gotten everyone said he was overpaid and couldn't play football. Can you tell me who that player was? Nah I don't think you can.Be glad we have a player who has genuine talent, and lets not 2nd guess our Coach cause he sure is wise and smart.

What the hell are you talking about?
Were you drunk when you wrote this?
It's hardly makes any sense.

DocŪ
01-17-2004, 10:48 AM
HaHa Now that's funny, Dieon wishes he could have been blessed with talent, just like a good singer, you have to be trained. Shanny O is smart and he will train Deltha to be excellant in both area's CB and WR watch what the rest of us know Deltha O'Neal not only is good but has the speed to, the more he gets that ball the better he becomes. Watch him next season and I don't want to see all of your post talking about thats what I said. :laugh: It seems that's the way procastinator's do. GO Broncos all the way it's still next year in case anyone has forgotten. I remember another most famous Bronco player was suppose to be the biggest disappointment Denver ever gotten everyone said he was overpaid and couldn't play football. Can you tell me who that player was? Nah I don't think you can.Be glad we have a player who has genuine talent, and lets not 2nd guess our Coach cause he sure is wise and smart.

I'm with you on this one Benny...............I couldn't make heads or tails out of this..........goodluv I have no idea where you've been getting your info on O'Neal but Shanahan had made it clear that he WILL NOT be playing in the secondary next season........he will play on offense or he will be packing his bags and heading for parts unknown.

Astonish us with the answer to your little trivia question as to who is that "most famous" Bronco was..........I am curoius to know who you were talking about.

goodluv4Broncos
01-18-2004, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by Bronco Benny
What the hell are you talking about?
Were you drunk when you wrote this?
It's hardly makes any sense. Benny you wouldn't know what anyone was talking about!!!!!!! Go back to school learn a few things and oh by the way a few anger management classes wouldn't hurt you. LMAO@YOU, Now you go figure what I'm talking about and the question still remains which player was it? The one who everyone said he didn't have any talent and said he was over paid. But he became real good as Deltha O'neal will. Once again I wasn't talking to you you're really to ignorant for me to remark on amything you say or do. Now stop posting me. You're a menace to the message boards .

goodluv4Broncos
01-18-2004, 01:22 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by DocŪ
I'm with you on this one Benny...............I couldn't make heads or tails out of this..........goodluv I have no idea where you've been getting your info on O'Neal but Shanahan had made it clear that he WILL NOT be playing in the secondary next season........he will play on offense or he will be packing his bags and heading for parts unknown.

Astonish us with the answer to your little trivia question as to who is that "most famous" Bronco was..........I am curoius to know who you were talking about. [/QUOTE

goodluv4Broncos
01-18-2004, 02:10 AM

Astonish us with the answer to your little trivia question as to who is that "most famous" Bronco was..........I am curoius to know who you were talking about. I don't know who you are, and really don't care who you agree with or not.
1st-you will learn real soon that what I say has nothing to do with you, I said that Deltha will be a good wide reciever and that he's not washed up or a has been as they were saying he was. Could it be that you didn't understand what I was saying because you don't know your A** from your head, because it not screwed on tight? Also you don't know me so never address me again like you do. Who do you think you are?

2nd-what information did I give, I merely stated that Deltha O'neal was a good back and if they keep giving him the ball, he'll be great just like everyone else who gets the ball a lot and Deltha can play. You must have a problem with Deltha and as far as jhim walking or getting let go you can trash that right now, geeezz you are ignorant.

3rd-he's fast and I do mean fast, if you weren't in such of a dam hurry you could have figure that one out yourself. Then you would have known what I was talking about, but you're kind of stupid to talk to someone like you're their lord and master, and you don't even know that person. I sugest you get a life have some kids of your own so you can talk to them any old kind of a way, yep you'll be safer that way.

4th-with my trivia screw you!! Just because you don't know the answer its not my fault, you should practice what you preach,and it's your problem if you don't understand English in it's purest form.

5th Why would you want me to explain something to you when I wasn't talking to you in the first place nor was I talking to your vicious little pee on Benny. I suggest both of you need to get anger management classes, seems to me you're both mad as hell and you're really funny. *giggle*

6th I'm going ro be nice just this one time, and I'm going to ask you nicely, don't post me anymore keep your thoughts to yourself, I have never talked to you before this day, and I don't plan to talk to you ever again, you are a typical AZZ H**E and both you and your boy wonder are really funny:laugh:

Bronco Benny
01-18-2004, 06:29 AM
I don't know who you are, and really don't care who you agree with or not.
1st-you will learn real soon that what I say has nothing to do with you, I said that Deltha will be a good wide reciever and that he's not washed up or a has been as they were saying he was. Could it be that you didn't understand what I was saying because you don't know your A** from your head, because it not screwed on tight? Also you don't know me so never address me again like you do. Who do you think you are?

2nd-what information did I give, I merely stated that Deltha O'neal was a good back and if they keep giving him the ball, he'll be great just like everyone else who gets the ball a lot and Deltha can play. You must have a problem with Deltha and as far as jhim walking or getting let go you can trash that right now, geeezz you are ignorant.

3rd-he's fast and I do mean fast, if you weren't in such of a dam hurry you could have figure that one out yourself. Then you would have known what I was talking about, but you're kind of stupid to talk to someone like you're their lord and master, and you don't even know that person. I sugest you get a life have some kids of your own so you can talk to them any old kind of a way, yep you'll be safer that way.

4th-with my trivia screw you!! Just because you don't know the answer its not my fault, you should practice what you preach,and it's your problem if you don't understand English in it's purest form.

5th Why would you want me to explain something to you when I wasn't talking to you in the first place nor was I talking to your vicious little pee on Benny. I suggest both of you need to get anger management classes, seems to me you're both mad as hell and you're really funny. *giggle*

6th I'm going ro be nice just this one time, and I'm going to ask you nicely, don't post me anymore keep your thoughts to yourself, I have never talked to you before this day, and I don't plan to talk to you ever again, you are a typical AZZ H**E and both you and your boy wonder are really funny:laugh: [/B][/QUOTE]

You forgot 7th

That you knows proper grammars and sentance structers pretty good too. And that your an more better speller than yous guys.

DocŪ
01-18-2004, 11:28 AM
I don't know who you are, and really don't care who you agree with or not.

6th I'm going ro be nice just this one time, and I'm going to ask you nicely, don't post me anymore keep your thoughts to yourself, I have never talked to you before this day, and I don't plan to talk to you ever again, you are a typical AZZ H**E and both you and your boy wonder are really funny:laugh: [/B][/QUOTE]

WOW............What a rambling mess that was!

I will reply by saying that you really need to get HOOKED ON PHONICS or do I need a secret decoder ring to figure out what the phuck yer saying???

Forget the anger management class ............YOU need to go back and learn how to form COMPLETE sentences.........you do know what that is right? I also think you need to go back to your special ed class and demand a refund, you are dumber than a box of rocks........OR is your brain clogged with malted hops, barley and/or bong resin??? :duh:

You have displayed a complete and total lack of common sense and as well as having absolutely no knowledge of the game of football........if you are just here to insult or belittle people you came to the wrong place.........I considered insulting you with a couple of one-liners but judging from your lack of grammer I think you're too retarded to understand the meaning.

Oh and BTFW..............your boy O'Neal.........he IS NOT a "back" as you stated above..........he couldn't make it at that position so he is now a WR, and since he prolly wont make it there either my guess is Shanahan will boot his sorry A§§ to curb before its all said and done.

Now shut yer pie hole and get back to the kitchen where you belong!!.............LMMFAOOOOOOOoooooooooo!

Return of Lava
01-18-2004, 11:51 AM
I just hope Shanny is bluffing when he says Deltha wont play no more as a DB, its been done before. Personally, I think Mike is trying to instill some work ethic and appreciation in Deltha, if he can do that by depriving him of DB for a while, then Deltha will get another chance soon and wont take it for granted anymore. He is STILL the MOST talented CB on the whole roster and STILL can provide us the biggest INT threat. I think his work ethic or appreciation was just not up there.

DocŪ
01-18-2004, 01:04 PM
I just hope Shanny is bluffing when he says Deltha wont play no more as a DB, its been done before. Personally, I think Mike is trying to instill some work ethic and appreciation in Deltha, if he can do that by depriving him of DB for a while, then Deltha will get another chance soon and wont take it for granted anymore. He is STILL the MOST talented CB on the whole roster and STILL can provide us the biggest INT threat. I think his work ethic or appreciation was just not up there.

IF Shanahan was bluffing he would NOT do it publicly, he would be making himself look like a complete ass if that were the case.

I will not dispute he has talent BUT lets define that talent.......he has athletic ability when it comes to returning punts but when it comes to coverage he couldn't cover me with a blanket if I were passed out on my front porch in a drunken stupor.

O'Neal has been in this league for 4 seasons, if he dont have "work ethic and appreciation" by now then he dont deserve to even be on anyone's team much less ours.

We are beating a dead horse here...........INTs come various ways from tight coverage which he is incapable of, a poorly thrown ball from the QB and from PRESSURE...........I will go on record by saying when it comes to coverage O'Neal SUCKS worse than than a 2 dollar crack ho down on East Colfax........BTW HE is one of those "DEADBEATS" that Rod Smith was talking about after the loss to Indy.........I don't know about you all but I damn sure dont want guys like that on my team!!

Return of Lava
01-18-2004, 01:10 PM
You are too hard on Deltha, just go back and look at the tapes, Deltha stays right with the receiver most of the time, he just doesnt turn and knock it away fast enough. I remember the Lions game, he was right in front of the receiver,practically in his pocket, but put his hand up a split second too late, against the pats, he was right with the receiver, had him pinned against the sideline and everything, but the passs was towards the sideline so deltha, or ANY other CB we have, could have made a play on it. You cant tell me walls and herndon havent got straight LEFT in the dust either! Deltha just hasnt put his hand up fast enough. That can be fixed, he hasnt played ridiculously HORRIBLE like you seem to think.

DocŪ
01-18-2004, 01:53 PM
You are too hard on Deltha, just go back and look at the tapes, Deltha stays right with the receiver most of the time, he just doesnt turn and knock it away fast enough. I remember the Lions game, he was right in front of the receiver,practically in his pocket, but put his hand up a split second too late, against the pats, he was right with the receiver, had him pinned against the sideline and everything, but the passs was towards the sideline so deltha, or ANY other CB we have, could have made a play on it. You cant tell me walls and herndon havent got straight LEFT in the dust either! Deltha just hasnt put his hand up fast enough. That can be fixed, he hasnt played ridiculously HORRIBLE like you seem to think.

I most certainly AM NOT being too hard on him.

He is a PROFESSIONAL and should act and play like one.........actually the sorry bastard should be arrested for impersonating a football player!

You just said it best right here........................

Deltha stays right with the receiver most of the time, he just doesnt turn and knock it away fast enough.

I seen the play against New England and he had his BACK to the play and was several yards OFF his man.

You can stick up for this loser all you want but it DONT change the fact that his attitude sucks on and off the field and his play has been a disgrace to the entire Bronco franchise.

This season was the second time he has been benched........recall last year near the end of the season when Tyrone Poole replaced him in the line up because he was dragging his ass in practice and had a sour attitude...........you should be just as p!ssed as I am at him, it is guys LIKE HIM that keep the Broncos a mediocre team and its HIM and guys LIKE HIM that keep us from getting to the playoffs and advancing........he has NO heart and sac!!

He had one decent season.........big fuggin deal!! He needs to realize there is NO I in team and its NOT all about him!! :fight:

Return of Lava
01-18-2004, 03:32 PM
Which is exactly why you switch him to WR and tell him he cant play DB no more, to instill an appreciation for what he had and a better attitude. Its been done before, and most of the shut down CB's in the league today played WR in their career.

DocŪ
01-18-2004, 05:21 PM
Which is exactly why you switch him to WR and tell him he cant play DB no more, to instill an appreciation for what he had and a better attitude. Its been done before, and most of the shut down CB's in the league today played WR in their career.

Uggggggg!! :duh: :duh:

Elway
01-18-2004, 05:53 PM
If he ever plays on Defense, it won't be in a Denver uniform.

Return of Lava
01-18-2004, 10:03 PM
You are probably right but i can almost guarantee you deltha will emerge as a probowler with another team. you'll see. Another team will put the talent to good use and you'll see what im talkin about.

Bronco Benny
01-19-2004, 07:20 AM
You are probably right but i can almost guarantee you deltha will emerge as a probowler with another team. you'll see. Another team will put the talent to good use and you'll see what im talkin about.

I think your right also, he just needs to grow up some. When he matures a little bit more, then maybe he will take this football thing seriously. Unfortunatly, by that time, he could be on another team. His talent shouldn't go to waste though.

halfback
01-21-2004, 10:40 AM
Deltha is way inconsistant, plays very good 1 game and just plain out terrible the next, its probably best to just let him go, though he will prolly be great somewhere else, but his time in denver was just a waste to us and him