PDA

View Full Version : Clarrett on practice squad??

Broncobill
08-21-2005, 09:35 PM
Assuming no one suffers a " season ending wound", and we keep the 4 veterans at RB, do you think Mo would clear waivers? If he did and we later wanted him on active roster, does he get new contract??

I think someone will nab him off waivers, he looked very good until this injury and no risk picking him up off the wire.

Last, will we keep five RB's? If so how? If not How. Thank you.

rcsodak
08-21-2005, 10:38 PM
Assuming no one suffers a " season ending wound", and we keep the 4 veterans at RB, do you think Mo would clear waivers? If he did and we later wanted him on active roster, does he get new contract??

I think someone will nab him off waivers, he looked very good until this injury and no risk picking him up off the wire.

Last, will we keep five RB's? If so how? If not How. Thank you.
Rather early to say, seeings how the next two games the rb's will be switching.
They've already said that as long as he's healed up, Q was preparing to play the last two preseason games.
What if he razzles/dazzles? Then what?
And what if Mo plays the last game and he, too, razzles/dazzles?

Until ALL players have had a chance to show their stuff in camp AND preseason games, unless they're simply camp fodder, nobody but Shanny knows....

HORSEPOWER 56
08-22-2005, 05:36 AM
I don't think Clarett will clear waivers. I'd be willing to bet he's gonna end up as our "token IR because we don't want to release him" guy.

In-com-plete
08-22-2005, 06:17 AM
I don't think Clarett will clear waivers. I'd be willing to bet he's gonna end up as our "token IR because we don't want to release him" guy.
I'll second this. No way someone won't take a chance on him.

It will be interesting if he does end up on the IR. That incentive based contract he wanted will pay him about 200k, and I don't really know how he'll like "waiting" around. He'll probably want to be cut or sent to the Practice Squad so someone else will pick him up. But there's no way we cut him. We can't cut a 3rd round pick.

Backforty
08-22-2005, 07:39 PM
I'll third it, plus it'd make us look like fools for taking Clarett when there were plenty and I mean plenty of players better than him, several backs as well. (Fason, Barber III)
US??? I don't believe you had anything to do with drafting MC, Either your for the team or against the team. I doubt there were plenty of backs better than Big Mo or coach would of drafted them. He saw something he liked in MC. Give coach and his staff some credit they are no fools.
The Broncos have a plan and its a plan that will have the best players on the field and a team thats full of depth to have a legitimate shot at a conference championship and solid run at the super bowl, GO BRONCOS!!