PDA

View Full Version : From a Chiefs fan to a Bronco's fan

chi3fs
11-23-2003, 05:53 PM
Last week you were all talking superbowl, the Bengals beating the Chiefs, Donkos coming back for AFC West championship, Jake Plummer is a hero, 7 game losing streak for Chiefs, and this weeks trouncing of the Bears.

heh. whats that sound? ITs the collective deflation hiss of the 2003 playoff optimism balloon getting popped.

Mer
11-24-2003, 03:25 PM
What is wrong with you people? :) And I mean that in a nice way.

We lost last week to the Bengals. Yeah... The Bengals are better than the Bears. But it was still a game we should have won.

Then we won yesterday against the Raiders. And I hope to keep on winning.

What makes you think Denver won't do the exact same thing? What is wrong with you people that are giving up now? The AFC West has been out of your hands for a while now. You're still neck deep in a fight for the wild card.

Yeah it sucks to lose. But at least you have a shot for playoffs. Isn't that ALL that matters?

Buck up. You could be rooting for Arizona or Detroit.

Broncofan-13
11-24-2003, 03:29 PM
who said anything about giving up? Im supporting them even more now! This is when they need support the most, and if noone else will, Ill be there to cheer em on. GO BRONCOS!!!

orange_crush77
11-24-2003, 03:31 PM
I am a Broncos fan and I have to agree....we're down but definately not out. We can still make it into the playoffs if we perform like we did against the Chargers and pray that Miami and Cincinnati hit a bump in the road and lose 1-2 of their remaining games.

I haven't given up on the Broncos just yet.

rascal
11-24-2003, 03:39 PM
Losing just illustrates what types of fans we have and don't have. Unfortunately for us our season has shown how many we have around here. Fortunately for you your season has not. Lucky bastards.

Javalon
11-24-2003, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by Broncofan-13
who said anything about giving up? Im supporting them even more now! This is when they need support the most, and if noone else will, Ill be there to cheer em on. GO BRONCOS!!!

I think the reference was to all of the extremely negative posts that have come out since the game yesterday.

I hope that most of the people *****ing will get over the Bears game and get back to cheering on their team. The season isn't over and the Raiduhs are needin' a beatin'.

Broncofan-13
11-24-2003, 03:45 PM
gotcha, but why are people giving up?! This season aint over !!!

chickennob2
11-24-2003, 03:52 PM
We can make it but it will be tough. I'm not worried about Cinci or Balt. When they face each other, one will win the division and the other will drop out of the hunt. We really do control our own destiny because Miami will lose to at least two out of Dallas, NE and Philly. If we can win out, we deserve to make the playoffs and will. We might be able to drop one to Indy and still have a chance. The biggest thing we have to do is show up every game, not beat the Chiefs and Colts and then lose to the Browns.

chi3fs
11-25-2003, 12:56 AM
another classic no reply. I love you guys. :-p

Pierce
11-25-2003, 03:29 AM
Originally posted by chi3fs
Last week you were all talking superbowl, the Bengals beating the Chiefs, Donkos coming back for AFC West championship, Jake Plummer is a hero, 7 game losing streak for Chiefs, and this weeks trouncing of the Bears.

heh. whats that sound? ITs the collective deflation hiss of the 2003 playoff optimism balloon getting popped.

I'm still holding out hope for the playoffs until we are eliminated. I'm just amazed at the way our offense struggled against the Bears. Portis got his big run when Urlacher was out of the game. Beyond that, our guys could barely run past the line of scrimmage most of the time. It's just frustrating.

Chris
11-25-2003, 03:33 AM
how many games have the chiefs won by a touchdown or less?

better not have a "classic no reply" (who wants to reply to an inflammatory post in the first place)

Zmabe
11-25-2003, 04:00 AM
as i said before i will always stick with the broncos. thanks for the incuragement(i also say i cant spell) mer.

MeaTy The Pimp
11-25-2003, 04:39 AM
I just hope the bears don't play that well against the Chiefs later in the season...

vandal68
11-25-2003, 05:01 AM
:fight: Give up? Not me, aint nuttin happnin. I gotta say though, the last couple of games have TICKED ME OFF. I know that we have a superior team and a superior head coach. Yea, some guys are getting old and broken down but the talent is still there. I have learned over the years of watching and following the Broncos, NEVER EVER give up on this team. Granted they make me FIGHTING MAD sometimes when they play to the level of competition. You can count on me getting pumped up and watching the game on Sunday, pulling for my Broncos as usual. Besides as someone said earlier.....IT'S raider HATER WEEK. Time to stop moping around and get fired up.:jumping:

vandal68
11-25-2003, 05:17 AM
:fight: Hey pal... Maybe you should have reserved those comments for another time, or did you forget..... The chiefs still have to play in our backyard and I have a feeling that you will be singing (or crying) a different tune when it is all said and done. The chiefs are not out of the woods by any stretch of the imagination and they are beginning to show their true colors. There luck is running out and as you know, it takes a little more than luck to make it in the playoffs. You should hold off on that ****yness for now because I don't expect to see you on this messageboard talking out of your butt after we kick the chiefs here in Denver. I for one am looking forward to reading your response (or lack of) in a couple of weeks.:fight:

THE VANDAL..............

Zmabe
11-25-2003, 07:30 AM
too true, too true.

Koronin
11-25-2003, 08:50 AM
The second Chiefs/Bronocs game will mean A LOT, more than it has it recent years.

The game is in Invesco, a damn hard place to go in a take a win. The Bronocs will be playing for their very playoff lives, while the Chiefs will be looking to seal up the division.

Too close to call a winner in, though I imagine the official line will be chiefs by 3-6 points, I wouldn't place a bet on it.

Damn, it doesn't get much better than this folks!

Originally posted by vandal68
:fight: Hey pal... Maybe you should have reserved those comments for another time, or did you forget..... The chiefs still have to play in our backyard and I have a feeling that you will be singing (or crying) a different tune when it is all said and done. The chiefs are not out of the woods by any stretch of the imagination and they are beginning to show their true colors. There luck is running out and as you know, it takes a little more than luck to make it in the playoffs. You should hold off on that ****yness for now because I don't expect to see you on this messageboard talking out of your butt after we kick the chiefs here in Denver. I for one am looking forward to reading your response (or lack of) in a couple of weeks.:fight:

THE VANDAL..............

chi3fs
11-25-2003, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by Chris
how many games have the chiefs won by a touchdown or less?

better not have a "classic no reply" (who wants to reply to an inflammatory post in the first place)

how many games has the Donkos lost by 10 points or more?

And hey vandal... if you all bring your game you brought on sunday vs the Bears, you dont stand a chance.

Yeah, you will be more pumped to jam against the 11-1 chiefs... but perhaps after another demoralizing loss vs the Raiders, you just wont have it in you.

heh. :fight: all you want... it wont help. :duh:

Chris
11-25-2003, 09:05 AM
That question is pointless. I was alluding to the fact that your record does not reflect your team's performance. A lot of it is luck. I give kudos to you for knowing how to win, but you're not blowing away competition.

The Broncos have lost 5 games. You've lost 1. That is why my question was valid. How many games have the chiefs won by 7 or less?

Javalon
11-25-2003, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by chi3fs
how many games has the Donkos lost by 10 points or more?

In answer to that question, the Broncos have lost 1 game by 10 or more points. And that was a 3 point ball game against Baltimore until halfway through the 4th quarter when our 3rd-string QB threw a pick, turned the ball over on downs, and threw another pick giving the Ravens the ball on our 20, 14 and 28 yardline in all three of their garbage-time scores. And this was the same Ravens team that the fully healthy Chiefs were statistically outplayed by and only lost the game because they gave Dante a second return chance on a penalty.

The point is that in every one of our losses, we were in every single game. Does that make the losses any easier to swallow? Not really. But I'm just attempting to dissuade you from your implication that the Broncos have somehow been blown out in a bunch of games. Not that I have any serious aspirations on that front considering you're one of the more biased Chiefs fans.

pikman
11-25-2003, 09:54 AM
The broncos haven't been able to play a complete game all year. Neither have the Chiefs. The difference has been that when the Broncos don't play a full 60 minutes they play the first 30 and then disappear in the second half making it friggin near impossible to steal victories. The Chiefs don't play a full 60 either, but they slack off intermitently so that even at the end of games they are close enough to pull them out.

Over all the broncos are more consistent than the Chiefs as to when they lose focus, it always seems after the half, whereas the Chiefs lose focus a little in each quarter, but not enough to seriously hurt themselves.

bklynbronco
11-25-2003, 10:10 AM
it was loss to a NFC team. we still have a good record in the conference. we have to win the conference games. Oak,cleve,Kc and indy have to be wins. Optimism is a little low since the lost to the bears but that changes quickly with a road win against the raiders.

broncos4ever
11-25-2003, 10:24 AM
There are a few "fans" that are glass "half empty", I am not one of them.

I think Mer that most of the fans that post and some that mostly read are disappointed with the loss to the Bears but are true fans. I was up on NFL.com and 72% of the people in a poll said they were the most shocked that the Broncos lost to the Bears.

Who would have dreamed that Kansas City would lose to Cinci??? Most of us hoped that but we did not think that it was going to happen.

I am sure Kansas City is pleased Denver lost to Chicago. As one of your staunchest fans has said KC does not want to face Denver in the playoffs.

Don't worry Mer, most of us are still true to the "Orange and Blue", and the ones that are not, well... Good Riddance!!!