PDA

View Full Version : Omar Jacobs

NJfan26
09-03-2005, 01:22 PM
even though Bowling green lost to Wisconsin you have to be impressed with Omar Jacobs and his proformence. over 400 hundred yards through the air and 5 TD's and 1INT. i would have to say thats pretty impressive. also through out the game many recievers drop easy passes that could of been TD's. like late in the game when he threw to a wide open reciever and he dropped it on the 1.

this guy looks very good. i mean last year he had 41 TD's and 4 Ints. WOW :eek: . i'm very imprresed and i'll be watching him through out the year just becaseu he is so exciting. any thoughts on this kid?

broncofan303
09-03-2005, 01:43 PM
Yeah he's very solid...He should (if not already) be in the heisman race..

BVP
09-03-2005, 02:32 PM
Yeah he's very solid...He should (if not already) be in the heisman race..

He is already a Hiesman hopeful, and he should win it, cause he is awsomly good.

Dj_Williams52
09-03-2005, 06:55 PM
Omar Jacobs is a great QB, i could see him being the 2nd QB drafted after lienart. Any team he goes to will get a great QB as long as he stays healthy

PsychoChicken
09-03-2005, 07:12 PM
If he comes out this year, I think he can push Leinart for the position of first overall pick (or first QB taken). He's got great pocket presence, a very strong and accurate arm, makes good decisions, and he's mobile. 41:4 TD:INT ratio is insane, and I think he'll throw even more TDs this year. Really, the only question mark with Jacobs is his unorthodox throwing style, but it has improved a lot since his freshman year.

Heisman? I'm not sure. They'll have to run the table the rest of the year (including beating Boise St.) for Jacobs to get real Heisman recognition. It's far more likely that a BCS school player like Leinart, Ginn, Peterson, or Young will win.

alan
09-05-2005, 09:37 AM
hes dam good my second choice for the heisman,just stayy helthy and he will be exciting

GridironChamp
09-05-2005, 12:46 PM
he's very good, and i can see some teams liking him more thatn leinhart.
Just for that fact that he can run the ball.

WABronco
09-05-2005, 01:31 PM
He actually reminds me a lot of Daunte Culpepper, not just because he's a really good black QB. His pocket presence and ease in throwing impresses me. Marcus Vick looks really good too. He can run, but he's a much better passer than his older bro.

RealBronco
09-12-2005, 11:32 AM
We'll bring him down...

broncofan303
09-12-2005, 11:38 AM
He actually reminds me a lot of Daunte Culpepper, not just because he's a really good black QB. His pocket presence and ease in throwing impresses me. Marcus Vick looks really good too. He can run, but he's a much better passer than his older bro.

Agreed..we defintely need to invest in one of those guys for our future...could you imagine Marcus Vick in a Bronco uni? WOW...

thesaint
09-12-2005, 12:54 PM
I keep hearing about how the Broncos should get Marcus Vick but I watched that game against NC State and he was not impressive at all. He throws a decent mid range ball. He's barely 6 feet tall. He runs around alot...if that does it for you...

:coffee:

broncofan303
09-12-2005, 01:55 PM
I keep hearing about how the Broncos should get Marcus Vick but I watched that game against NC State and he was not impressive at all. He throws a decent mid range ball. He's barely 6 feet tall. He runs around alot...if that does it for you...

:coffee:

For playing the #1 ranked D last year, I think he played great...keep in mind he's just a sophmore so he's still learning to have the pocket presence...But if you look at his overall ability, he throws a nice ball, he can run obviously, and some of that ball placement was right on the mark...he has all the tools of being a great QB like his bro..

Dub-DeuceKnight
09-14-2005, 08:40 AM
Omar Jacobs is a baller, we might have a chance at him in the draft depeding on how we do and/or te redskins do. I really like this guy and he has a good future at the pro-level. He is a good fit for our system and doesn't make many mistakes like another quarterback I know.

broncofan303
09-14-2005, 08:44 AM
Omar Jacobs is a baller, we might have a chance at him in the draft depeding on how we do and/or te redskins do. I really like this guy and he has a good future at the pro-level. He is a good fit for our system and doesn't make many mistakes like another quarterback I know.

LMAO...who?

just kidding, I know exactly who you're talking about...but hopefully he does land in a blue and orange uni...

Elway=Goat
09-16-2005, 08:24 PM
For playing the #1 ranked D last year, I think he played great...keep in mind he's just a sophmore so he's still learning to have the pocket presence...But if you look at his overall ability, he throws a nice ball, he can run obviously, and some of that ball placement was right on the mark...he has all the tools of being a great QB like his bro..

Anyone who has more turnovers(19) then TD's(17), and still hasnt figured out how to throw the football isnt a great QB.

Omar Jacobs looks like the real deal though.

GridironChamp
09-17-2005, 05:27 PM
I had a thread last day on Omar Jacobs and Reggie Bush and didnt get one response to it. You start this like in the middle of this week and already have pages. Thats it its on like Donkey Kong Beoch :fight: jk

Here is my thread: http://216.58.161.132/forums/showthread.php?t=40228

Even though i didnt have the stats you did i wished i could get a reply :ugh:

xX-Bronco-Xx
09-18-2005, 09:44 AM
Honestly i would rather have Leinart than Jacobs or Marcus cuz i seriously think Leinart could do something in Denver. I really see him in our jersey

RealBronco
09-22-2005, 12:35 PM
You guys are all up in Jacobs' shorts and want Denver to pick him up because he's this great Heisman hopeful and will be drafted number 2...blah blah blah.....

I'd just like to say:

I told you we'd bring him down.

48-20...

Jacobs couldn't get anything going against us...he was more confused than Paris Hilton in a restaurant...

thesaint
09-22-2005, 01:25 PM
Nice job knocking off the MAC.

Just dont try to run with the big dogs...

broncofan303
09-22-2005, 02:18 PM
Nice job knocking off the MAC.

Just dont try to run with the big dogs...

ohh they tried...Georgia ring a bell?

those Gators could go far, they have a great team..but too bad they have a rough road, still have Georgia, LSU, and the Noles..and who knows even South Carolina can give them troubles...

thesaint
09-22-2005, 02:21 PM
Yeah, the SEC is brutal. We got by Tennessee...but we also took a few injuries in that game...

NJfan26
09-22-2005, 04:18 PM
its not so much that jacobs couldn't get anything started against the broncos, its his team, they suck. their rush defense is just horrible and their running game isn't good either. so if another team knows that its them vs. jacobs then they have a pretty good chance of shutting him down. even though bowling green had a horrible game jacobs still threw for 3 td's and over 200 yards. i would say that that is pretty impressive while they only ran for about 60 yards.

if jacobs had the supporting cast that lienert has then jocobs would be the talk of the town. Bowling green is a horrible team but still jacobs is flurishing. so far he leads the NCAA with 13 tds, and only has 2 INT and over 800 yards threw the air. i would have to say that those are great stats for a team that doesn't have too many great players.

RealBronco
09-22-2005, 04:55 PM
its not so much that jacobs couldn't get anything started against the broncos, its his team, they suck. their rush defense is just horrible and their running game isn't good either. so if another team knows that its them vs. jacobs then they have a pretty good chance of shutting him down. even though bowling green had a horrible game jacobs still threw for 3 td's and over 200 yards. i would say that that is pretty impressive while they only ran for about 60 yards.

if jacobs had the supporting cast that lienert has then jocobs would be the talk of the town. Bowling green is a horrible team but still jacobs is flurishing. so far he leads the NCAA with 13 tds, and only has 2 INT and over 800 yards threw the air. i would have to say that those are great stats for a team that doesn't have too many great players.

I agree, they do suck...they're totally overrated. However, that must mean Wisconsin sucks too because that game was close.

And he really only had 1 TD because the other 2 were against a 2nd string Defense that wasn't used to playing...so...he still had a horrible game.

You people will never give us a chance until we win a national championship will you? First off, we're over the Georgia fiasco, and we made some stupid mistakes last week vs. OSU...but we're still going to win the WAC again...

And why didn't Georgia want to play us at home? Why doesn't anyone want to play us at home? Think about that... Not even the coach for USC wants to play against us...

Jared
09-22-2005, 05:17 PM
And why didn't Georgia want to play us at home? Why doesn't anyone want to play us at home? Think about that... Not even the coach for USC wants to play against us...

Because all the football factory schools play more home dates than away.

Also, it costs more to travel to places like Bosie state than the payout is worth.

Its not about whether they are afraid to lose it's all about money. And they know that if Boise State says no, some other school will say yes to playoing USC at their place.

thesaint
09-22-2005, 05:58 PM

Do you think it has anything to do with the fact that your stadium is like the size of a high school stadium...it holds what? 30 Grand?

Georgia's Sanford holds 92+. Think that gate money makes much of a difference?

And do you really think that you would have beaten UGA had you played them at home?

They'd still be running up and down that blue field...

:laugh:

RealBronco
09-23-2005, 11:19 AM
Do you think it has anything to do with the fact that your stadium is like the size of a high school stadium...it holds what? 30 Grand?

Georgia's Sanford holds 92+. Think that gate money makes much of a difference?

And do you really think that you would have beaten UGA had you played them at home?

They'd still be running up and down that blue field...

:laugh:

You people...

For one: I still think we could have/and still could beat them at THEIR own stadium. Sure, we didn't this time, we didn't come prepared and our QB tried to play the game all by himself, he forgot he had 10 other guys to help him out.

Second: Yes, we would have beaten them at home. You guys have no idea how loud 30,000 + fans can get...but why don't you ask BYU, OSU, Fresno State, and Bowling Green??? For clubs used to playing in stadiums that house 92k, they couldn't even think straight... It's not about numbers, it's about heart.

Third: For those of you that think it's money that keeps people away, sure, I'll bet that has plenty to do with it. In fact that's probably the main reason...but when the head coach of the nation's best team three years running outright says: "I'm not afraid to play anybody, I know our team can play anyone, we can beat anyone...but I won't play those boys from Boise State..." then that's saying something. Maybe he's afraid of getting his ass kicked by a mid-major...awww boo hoo...

Jared
09-23-2005, 11:52 AM
Y
Third: For those of you that think it's money that keeps people away, sure, I'll bet that has plenty to do with it. In fact that's probably the main reason...but when the head coach of the nation's best team three years running outright says: "I'm not afraid to play anybody, I know our team can play anyone, we can beat anyone...but I won't play those boys from Boise State..." then that's saying something. Maybe he's afraid of getting his ass kicked by a mid-major...awww boo hoo...

1) Find me a quote that actually says any BCS conference school head football coach has said "I won't play Boise State".

2) While the coaches get input, the schdeules are decided years in advance by the AD. Saying Pete Carroll or Urban Meyer, or whoever is afraid to go up there is an odd statement, because I am betting that the schedules are done maybe 3-5 years out. So, given that coaches change all of the time, they generally get stuck with the schedule they have (unless they are highly tenured, like Carr, Bowden, Paterno, et al.)

Do the BCS school have an unfair dvantage? You bet.

Does Boise State, or any other mid major deserve more chances at the big boys? You bet.

Would these mid major school have a better chance of winning if they could actually get a home and home contract? You bet.

But teh major conferences have set up a system that perpetuates their power,, recruiting base, and income. It keeps them in power while letting everyone else fight for scraps. Its sad, but true.

So to simply dismiss the the fact that money is the driving decision behind all of this is silly. Don't kid yoruself. All these schools care about is money generated by the football/basketball programs. Not going out and playing anyone, anywhere, anytime.

RealBronco
09-27-2005, 01:38 PM
1) Find me a quote that actually says any BCS conference school head football coach has said "I won't play Boise State".

2) While the coaches get input, the schdeules are decided years in advance by the AD. Saying Pete Carroll or Urban Meyer, or whoever is afraid to go up there is an odd statement, because I am betting that the schedules are done maybe 3-5 years out. So, given that coaches change all of the time, they generally get stuck with the schedule they have (unless they are highly tenured, like Carr, Bowden, Paterno, et al.)

Do the BCS school have an unfair dvantage? You bet.

Does Boise State, or any other mid major deserve more chances at the big boys? You bet.

Would these mid major school have a better chance of winning if they could actually get a home and home contract? You bet.

But teh major conferences have set up a system that perpetuates their power,, recruiting base, and income. It keeps them in power while letting everyone else fight for scraps. Its sad, but true.

So to simply dismiss the the fact that money is the driving decision behind all of this is silly. Don't kid yoruself. All these schools care about is money generated by the football/basketball programs. Not going out and playing anyone, anywhere, anytime.

That's what's so sad about college football. All they really care about is money. But do the players see any of that money? No way...they have to earn their little scholarships and do good in school to play for people who just want more money flowing into a school that won't help them at all after they graduate.

You're quite right Jared...college football isn't so cool as it seems. If you get right down to it, it's almost as bad as NFL, only the players get screwed in this version of the story.

About your quote...who knows. My grandpa was telling me he saw it or read it somewhere. I just thought it was pretty sweet that the USC coach would give us props like that.

NJfan26
10-06-2005, 05:17 PM
Can someone please make some sense out of this:

Omar Jacobs: 17 TD's
2 INTS
170 QB Rating

Matt Lienart: 10 TD's
2 INT's
173 QB Rating

Now, why is Jacobs not in the Hiesman race? According to espn jacobs in no longer in the top 10, why?? Jacobs has 7 more TD's then lienart with the same amount of INTs. :confused:

Skywalker
10-06-2005, 05:26 PM
Can someone please make some sense out of this:

Omar Jacobs: 17 TD's
2 INTS
170 QB Rating

Matt Lienart: 10 TD's
2 INT's
173 QB Rating

Now, why is Jacobs not in the Hiesman race? According to espn jacobs in no longer in the top 10, why?? Jacobs has 7 more TD's then lienart with the same amount of INTs. :confused:

becuase Leinert is leading a #1 and undefeated team.... :coffee:

the Heisman isnt all about stats....its also if your team is winning....

NJfan26
10-07-2005, 01:47 PM
becuase Leinert is leading a #1 and undefeated team.... :coffee:

the Heisman isnt all about stats....its also if your team is winning....
Yeah i understand that and i think its stupid. Your team isn't winning the heisman so why should it matter if your defense sucks a$$, like bowling green's.

Peerless
10-07-2005, 03:35 PM
even though Bowling green lost to Wisconsin you have to be impressed with Omar Jacobs and his proformence. over 400 hundred yards through the air and 5 TD's and 1INT. i would have to say thats pretty impressive. also through out the game many recievers drop easy passes that could of been TD's. like late in the game when he threw to a wide open reciever and he dropped it on the 1.

this guy looks very good. i mean last year he had 41 TD's and 4 Ints. WOW :eek: . i'm very imprresed and i'll be watching him through out the year just becaseu he is so exciting. any thoughts on this kid?
He sure did have a good game against wi....... but he couldn't get it done..... hehehe :D

This guy has a future........