PDA

View Full Version : Another Stoops/OU Masterpiece...

BlueDevilsDB
09-03-2005, 01:06 PM
It's gonna be a long season for the Sooner. :D :beer:

NJfan26
09-03-2005, 01:15 PM
who would of thought...lol.

Jack Luminous
09-03-2005, 01:34 PM
Losing at Home to TCU, a team they were probably favored by 20 plus points to beat, is a new, monumental feat, even for the most over-rated Head Coach/program in all of College football...

TCU 17 Oklahoma 10

Nicely done, Stoops...

OU Fan, be sure to tune in Monday Night to Miami V FLorida St. if you want to see what REAL College football looks like.

War Horn Frogs!

broncofan303
09-03-2005, 01:42 PM
It was a bad loss but overrated coach? Yeah right! I guess going to the National title games 2 years in a row and winning 1 isn't enough to be a good coach..

GuitarJ
09-03-2005, 02:41 PM
Losing at Home to TCU, a team they were probably favored by 20 plus points to beat, is a new, monumental feat, even for the most over-rated Head Coach/program in all of College football...

TCU 17 Oklahoma 10

Nicely done, Stoops...

OU Fan, be sure to tune in Monday Night to Miami V FLorida St. if you want to see what REAL College football looks like.

War Horn Frogs!
I am not a OU fan per say, but when I moved here in the late 90's, their program was an embarassment. Stoops took them all the way his second year here.

Yes they have been over rated the last couple of years, but they dont rate themselves.

I was listening to radio this morning (here in OK), and I thought to myself that they seemed way over confident....trying to guess if OU could win by more than 20 points....I thought that there might be a big upset in the making (especially considering the injuries they have already, and an unproven QB).

rcsodak
09-03-2005, 03:58 PM
Damn, jack.....don't go 'razor' on my sooners....they're having a hard enough time (as am I) over this loss.
I think we all knew this year would be a rebuilding year........but I honestly didn't think they'd lose until the Texas game....

Oh well.....7-5 and a bowl game is better than 85% of the teams do.....

OhNoKoolAid
09-03-2005, 04:06 PM
Damn, jack.....don't go 'razor' on my sooners....they're having a hard enough time (as am I) over this loss.
I think we all knew this year would be a rebuilding year........but I honestly didn't think they'd lose until the Texas game....

I'm suprised you hold so much optimism. Not that you are wrong in your thinking, but the typical Sooner fan would be calling for the head of Bob Stoops. I may have to turn of the Sirius this week and listen to the Animal in OKC. You have to admit, the absurdities heard from fans after OU losses can be quite amusing. They never let a realist/understanding fan on the station after a loss.

Booher
09-03-2005, 05:06 PM
YES!!!!!!!!!........This wll not be another year that we see the sooners lose the national title and have to listen to their mindless homers babble.

Booher
09-03-2005, 05:27 PM

TCU 17 Oklahoma 10

Nicely done, Stoops...

War Horn Frogs!

In reality tune in tomorrow night and watch va tech to see one of the participants in the title game...

trashdog
09-03-2005, 05:56 PM
We will be talking about this game for the rest of the season.

PsychoChicken
09-03-2005, 07:16 PM
They've already lost any shot they had at the National Championship. Even if they win the rest of their games, this major upset will make the BCS choose someone else.

Way to go, Horned Frogs!

aberdien
09-03-2005, 08:57 PM
Important Safety Bulletin

The American Medical Association has announced a new national symbol for choking.
Please inform all of the people in your safety department.

OLD SYMBOL

http://www.emergencymedicaled.com/images/chokingsign.gif

NEW SYMBOL

http://www.nhn.ou.edu/~bumm/images/OU_logo2.gif

This is coming from an Oklahoman.... :beer:

broncofan303
09-03-2005, 09:05 PM
Important Safety Bulletin

The American Medical Association has announced a new national symbol for choking.
Please inform all of the people in your safety department.

OLD SYMBOL

http://www.emergencymedicaled.com/images/chokingsign.gif

NEW SYMBOL

http://www.nhn.ou.edu/~bumm/images/OU_logo2.gif

This is coming from an Oklahoman.... :beer:

LMAO, sorry Sooner fans, I really feel for you guys (trust me, I felt the same way after we lost to uh humm.. Baylor..umm, but you have to admit that was funny..

NJBRONCOSFAN
09-04-2005, 08:22 AM
What a ridiculous game...i thought the sooners would have some trouble in their first game with a new QB, butnothing like this, esp. with peterson in the backfield.

NJBRONCOSFAN
09-04-2005, 08:24 AM

Think they'll be that bad?...i expect them to get it together, and let's face, they're not playing in the toughest of conferences..i'd say they finish at least 8-4, unless peterson is seriously hurt or something.

West
09-04-2005, 09:25 AM
Was this a FLUKE?! I THINK NOT! I have said from day 1 that the Sooners will be under par this season. :laugh: I know RC knows that I had a big smile on my face when that clock hit : 00 :D

broncofan303
09-04-2005, 09:41 AM
Was this a FLUKE?! I THINK NOT! I have said from day 1 that the Sooners will be under par this season. :laugh: I know RC knows that I had a big smile on my face when that clock hit : 00 :D

Who said the season is over for the Sooners? A loss now is a lot better than a loss later in the season say to Okie State or someone...Last year, Auburn, OK-U, and USC un-charactrisiticly when undefeated, this rarely happens in college football.. If OU gets their act together and win out their games, they have a shot of being at that title game again..

I know about bad early losses, in 2001 we lost to Fresno State, but at the end of the year we still ended up in a BCS Bowl in the Fiesta Bowl...

topscribe
09-04-2005, 09:52 AM
Failure to win a national championship every year constitutes an overrated coach?

:confused:

-----

NJBRONCOSFAN
09-04-2005, 10:00 AM
Failure to win a national championship every year constitutes an overrated coach?

:confused:

-----
I think it was a failure to even show up in the biggest game of the year and a #7 ranking this year which constitutes them being overrated.
Over-rated means exactly that...they are OVER-RATED...not a #7 team in the nation.

BlueDevilsDB
09-04-2005, 10:23 AM
It was a bad loss but overrated coach? Yeah right! I guess going to the National title games 2 years in a row and winning 1 isn't enough to be a good coach..
He didn't win one. Here's his masterpiece games.

2003 Big 12 Championship K-State-35 OU-7
2004 Sugar Bowl LSU-21 OU-14
2005 Orange Bowl USC-55 OU-19
2005 Home Opener TCU-17 OU-10

broncofan303
09-04-2005, 03:25 PM
He didn't win one. Here's his masterpiece games.

2003 Big 12 Championship K-State-35 OU-7
2004 Sugar Bowl LSU-21 OU-14
2005 Orange Bowl USC-55 OU-19
2005 Home Opener TCU-17 OU-10

Stoops has been there for awhile, you're gonna have to go back a bit... 2000 National Championship with Heupel and Q...they went undefeated that season...

And this is the same OU team that was completely horrible before Stoops losses to teams like TCU and Northwestern were common...now, they can compete for a national championship every year, just unfortunate saturday..

BlueDevilsDB
09-04-2005, 03:42 PM
Stoops has been there for awhile, you're gonna have to go back a bit... 2000 National Championship with Heupel and Q...they went undefeated that season...

And this is the same OU team that was completely horrible before Stoops losses to teams like TCU and Northwestern were common...now, they can compete for a national championship every year, just unfortunate saturday..
I knew they won in 2000, I had thought you meant of their last 2 non-appearances.

Shenlong
09-05-2005, 01:32 AM
Oklahoma is going to have a long year ahead of them.. They will still have a winning record but they arent going to be on par with past OU teams. They are a good defensive team but offensively they are rebuilding in a major way.. They will still win their share of games but the problem for them is going to be when they play good defensive teams.. They arent going to score enough points to be good defensive teams.. Look for OU to struggle mightily come time for conference play.. When OU loses 3 or 4 conference games this year will those games really be considered upsets?

Shenlong
09-05-2005, 01:35 AM
What a ridiculous game...i thought the sooners would have some trouble in their first game with a new QB, butnothing like this, esp. with peterson in the backfield.

Pederson is going to struggle this year. Without any passing game to take the pressure off of him, hes going to see a lot of eight man fronts.. No heisman for this kid, he wont even lead the conference in rushing.

rcsodak
09-05-2005, 04:32 PM
YES!!!!!!!!!........This wll not be another year that we see the sooners lose the national title and have to listen to their mindless homers babble.

lkjdlsdoifdljhdlkfjsadlfkjfpgur84pj;popeisadpijsad fjspdfiusdfiupiu iuppriueriuwepijrgpofgl;kjsfdpasdfnerlqwerkjusdoks ndfwopiefwelrkwenoi

Booher
09-05-2005, 04:36 PM
Pederson is going to struggle this year. Without any passing game to take the pressure off of him, hes going to see a lot of eight man fronts.. No heisman for this kid, he wont even lead the conference in rushing.

Yea I was laughing when he was highstepping in the endzone..... :D

broncofan303
09-05-2005, 04:54 PM

Yeah, the only time he got some room in the game..LOL, yeah I agree with Moonshot, without a passing game, Defenses are going to pack that box with 8 and I even saw 9 guys in there most of the time...Giving AD NO room at all, I'm surprised he even got 60 yards...

Shenlong
09-05-2005, 05:03 PM
Yeah, the only time he got some room in the game..LOL, yeah I agree with Moonshot, without a passing game, Defenses are going to pack that box with 8 and I even saw 9 guys in there most of the time...Giving AD NO room at all, I'm surprised he even got 60 yards...

Well the conference is now Texas to lose..

broncofan303
09-05-2005, 07:06 PM
Well the conference is now Texas to lose..

@Ohio State, we'll defintely see..if they win that game, they deserve the Big 12 automatically...

But this is a Bob Stoops coached team, you think they're going to just lay down? They're LOADED with talent, its all about putting it together and executing.. And anything can happen in the Red River Shootout, no matter who's the better team on paper...until Texas beats Oklahoma, then I will believe that Texas will win the Big 12..

mrsolo
09-05-2005, 08:35 PM

TCU 17 Oklahoma 10

Nicely done, Stoops...

War Horn Frogs!

This is college football forum...not smack talk. Don't be such an idiot.

mrsolo
09-05-2005, 08:41 PM

You really have nothing to offer a conversation other than cynicism and negativity, huh? :duh:

Booher
09-06-2005, 08:33 PM
You really have nothing to offer a conversation other than cynicism and negativity, huh? :duh:

Nope positivity all the way..I'm positive the sooners suck...haha :D

BVP
09-06-2005, 08:37 PM
Nope positivity all the way..I'm positive the sooners suck...haha :D

I agree. I hope Texas wins the division.

rcsodak
09-06-2005, 11:24 PM
I'm wondering how many of you that are bashing OU actually watched the game? Honestly?

I taped it since I had to work (I hate to do that, 'specially when its a loss).

But OU killed themselves. They were not 'beat down' as many have said.
Sure, they stopped AD, but hell, who couldn't have?! OU lost a lineman the week of the game, and had 2 others step in as starters for the first time.
Add to that a new qb for the first time in 3 years.

If that long pass on their first possession had been a completion ( and it SHOULD have been), we wouldn't even be talking about the game.
Add to that the fumble by thenamelessone inside their 5yard line, and it would have been a blow out.
Instead, their confidence was shot because last year (and years prior) both of those wouldn't have happened.

I just hope they get the ship righted and make it a successful year......

....and beat the fuskers. :cheers:

broncofan303
09-07-2005, 07:48 AM
I just hope they get the ship righted and make it a successful year......

....and beat the fuskers. :cheers:

Way too much talent to not compete...Linebackers and secondary just looked superb just need to get that D-line into shape..

And yes, defintely beat the Corn, don't beat them up too much, we want a knockout punch with them...