PDA

View Full Version : Animal Crackers?

dandaman23
11-26-2003, 11:55 PM
OK this is kind of like the cheesecake/cheespie question. But what is an animal cracker? Is is a cracker or cookie? I think it is a cookie because crackers arent that good, what do you all think?

Return of Lava
11-26-2003, 11:58 PM
definitely cookie

Broncofan-13
11-27-2003, 06:51 AM
Animal crackers are.... tasty!

but seriously, I think they are cookies. way too much sugar to be a cracker.

orang/blu in LA
11-27-2003, 08:44 AM
I loved them as a kid, which means they're a cookie. no way would i have liked something that much if it was a cracker.

Jared
11-27-2003, 10:56 PM
I think they are a cracker. Graham crackers are sweet too, and they are definitely crackers. I am sure there is some technical distinction, but I don't think it sugar content.

BroncoCy
11-28-2003, 01:14 AM
Its gotta be a cookie. Just like in the movie "Armegedon" when it was quoted, I would always think you'd put cheese on a cracker and I don't define an animal cracker as a cracker.

Elway
11-28-2003, 09:13 PM
I like the giraffes..... :rolleyes:

Fraser
11-29-2003, 02:50 PM
Dont mean to be a square, but whats an Animal Cracker? You dont get them over here.

dandaman23
11-29-2003, 03:59 PM
Its like a cracker in the shape of an animal. But most people think it is a cookie but its called an animal cracker.

Broncofan-13
12-01-2003, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by Fraser
Dont mean to be a square, but whats an Animal Cracker? You dont get them over here.

seriously? that has to suck. life without animal crackers *shudder*
:D

Hoolah
12-01-2003, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Fraser

We used to get them in England!, maybe they didn't travel North of the border?

You know biscuits in the shape of zoo animals? Chocolate on the back, hang on these might be different to the US ones???...my head hurts.

Just to confuse the issue further, I consider them to be biscuits...mwwwahaahaahahaahaaa!

However, I have always been more of a fan of ginger nuts and chocolate hobnobs...

Broncofan-13
12-01-2003, 01:06 PM
yea those are differnt hoolah. were talkin about the Barnum and baileys animal crackers. i think thats the name for em. cant remember. been so long since Ive had em :D

Orange&Blue
12-01-2003, 01:22 PM
Animal crackers are crackers as much as rocky mountain oysters are oysters.

I've never seen animal crackers with chocolate on them here in the States, but that sounds great!

Hoolah
12-01-2003, 02:57 PM
Apparently they have justed added a new animal to the menagerie, previously there were 18 beasts, then they asked the public what animal they would like to add....and voila! The Koala joined the parade!...Who knew how popular Koalas were! Of course they are very cuddly, and would be very tasty dipped in tea!

Actually, you know, I thought there were already Koalas, or did I dream it?

Zmabe
12-02-2003, 07:22 AM
animal crackers are definatly cookies. why do people keep inventing things and naming them wrong?

Jared
12-02-2003, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by Orange&Blue
Animal crackers are crackers as much as rocky mountain oysters are oysters.

I've never seen animal crackers with chocolate on them here in the States, but that sounds great!

Well, ok, what the heck is a rocky mountain oyster?

I still say they are crackers.

Orange&Blue
12-02-2003, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Jared
Well, ok, what the heck is a rocky mountain oyster?

I still say they are crackers.

They are freshwater oysters that live in Rocky Mountain lakes and streams! Heh heh!

Okay okay. They are cow testicles. I think I know of one restaurant that serves them here in Denver. It's called The Fort and they serve mostly game meat.

Jared
12-03-2003, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by Orange&Blue
They are freshwater oysters that live in Rocky Mountain lakes and streams! Heh heh!

Okay okay. They are cow testicles. I think I know of one restaurant that serves them here in Denver. It's called The Fort and they serve mostly game meat.

That is just gross.

rascal
12-03-2003, 10:10 AM
I think they are a cracker. Graham crackers are sweet too, and they are definitely crackers. I am sure there is some technical distinction, but I don't think it sugar content.

I agree with Jared on this. I have always thought they were crackers.

brnc fan 14
12-03-2003, 10:37 AM
cookie-defintely. crackers taste like crap and cookies are good, and animal crackers are good, therefore animal crackers are cookies

LawDog
12-03-2003, 10:39 AM
Well, you just can't argue with logic like that! Case closed.

Orange&Blue
12-03-2003, 11:50 AM
That is just gross.

Well now you know and knowing is half the battle! :D

Fraser
12-06-2003, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by Hoolah
We used to get them in England!, maybe they didn't travel North of the border?

You know biscuits in the shape of zoo animals? Chocolate on the back, hang on these might be different to the US ones???...my head hurts.

Just to confuse the issue further, I consider them to be biscuits...mwwwahaahaahahaahaaa!

However, I have always been more of a fan of ginger nuts and chocolate hobnobs...

Ahh, got you now. Thoses things are well nice, I used to enjoy biting there heads off!! For what its worth I would call them biscuits aswell. I would also agree with you on the hobnob thing aswell, mmmm!

:p

Broncofan-13
12-06-2003, 03:30 PM
you goofy foreigners, what with your lingual shennanigans and whatnot :D

Zmabe
12-09-2003, 03:52 AM
hey splane i got new gam.